Sheffield Exchange, Toy trains, music and fun!

Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Premium

Central Sheffield of the period probably wouldn't have many supporters of either team in town, very area specific is the football.

Mike.

Wot if Wednesday was playing United, one or the other would have to venture out of their normal turf.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Tim Vine:

"This bloke said to me, 'can you tell me your availability to run a football team in Sheffield?'...

I said,'I can't manage Wednesday'."

Edited by Stubby47

• RMweb Premium

Did a bit of running of trains last night, mainly DMUs and nothing fell off, unless I was involved in not changing the right point or flicking the right switch. :secret:  The only loco hauled set I ran,  jumped off on the bridge crossover going straight, same coach a couple of times. It had not been a problem before. It still has its original Bachy plastic wheels, so it is in line to have them replaced. I couldn't bu88ered with that last night but I did need to oil up the loco pulling the train.A Bachy late body class 25. It had four screws holding the body on, it now has only three  :dontknow:  and how do you get to the motor without taking the whole fing apart? :scratchhead:

Oh I turned the coach around as Jimwal always suggest as the first action and it didn't fall off. :rtfm:

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

How about a canal ?

Or a footbridge with a few thousand Sheffield Wednesday or United supporters heading to a match ?

Have they ever had that many. :sarcastichand:

Edited by 81C

• RMweb Gold

Tim Vine:

"This bloke said to me, 'can you tell me your availability to run a football team in Sheffield?'...

Neither can anyone else.

Mike.

Have they every had that many. :sarcastichand:

Oi.

Mike.

Wot if Wednesday was playing United, one or the other would have to venture out of their normal turf.

Trust you spoil the argument with logic.

Mike.

• Like 1

Just thinking out loud; being Sheffield, I wonder if you could have an industry of some sort spanning 1 of the lines (pipe work?) and some of the associated building/chimneys, etc, in the triangle? And a single road bridge crossing the other line. Still leaves a reason to have a couple of sidings there too.

• Like 1

Been out of it for a couple of days, but I still think a Hornby / Metcale style Viaduct for Road Traffic, with the ends of some overgrown Goods sidings sticking out below will look the most realistic and natural.

Good luck with what you decide young Clive.

BTW Thanks for the phone call this morning, really appreciated mate.

• RMweb Premium

OK I am confused with why Wednesday? So I goggled it and came up with this, which I am sure Mike will say is wrong.

The origins of Sheffield Wednesday go back to its earliest history as a cricket club; the club took the name Wednesday for the simple reason that it was the day when they played their matches.

When I was in the army, Wednesday was sports day. I use to bowl for our unit's ten pin bowling team, we were useless but we had a reason for forming the team ........the bowling alley bar stayed open longer in the afternoons than the other bars in Tidworth. By the time we lost and the bar closed, we would make our way back to our barracks and arrive just as the Spanner club ( our own bar) opened for those team members of our workshops sports teams.......Thursday was not a productive day.

Now I have been thinking what if I used Stu's aqueduct thingy but not for water. Top deck the 1500V Dc line, next level United supporters walking from right to left and the lower deck for Wednesday supporters going from left to right in a fleet of those nice cream buses? :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive:

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Tim Vine:

"Thursday?"

"Yes, let's have a cup of tea".

• RMweb Premium

Ok nothing to do with the layout, Sheffield , United , Wednesday or Transport ( nice cream buses) or railways.

:banghead: I took my car off the road last year, so rang up the insurance company which I won't name. Today I got an e-mail form them saying how sad to see me go etc etc, would I be kind enough to fill in their survey. I started to and on the first page was the reasons, including I don't have a car any more. I clicked continue and the next few pages were about how did I find the staff etc, then the questions directly related to why did I swap insurers.......no I never but that wasn't an option. I replied to their e-mail saying there survey wasn't very good, I was very polite and even left out anything to do that 'king annoying nodding dog in their adverts, just to get a reply my e-mail has landed somewhere no blighter looks at. :banghead:

Life, what a mess others make of mine.

• Like 1

OK Gang

I have set up the good shed again and this time made a better mock bridge for the L&YR line. I still like it. I am going to leave it alone for a few weeks and see how I feel then. Photos , maybe tommora.

Hi Clive,

Will the L&YR line eventually pass Kearsley Power Station ?

post-34584-0-11930900-1547769341_thumb.jpg

Gibbo.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Me dad worked at Kearsley Power Station.

Me dad didn't.

I started work with the CEGB, Goldington was my base power station, some of my time was at the training centers at Brighton power station and Cliff Quay power station. With a short course at Bankside power station.

• Like 2