Sheffield Exchange, Toy trains, music and fun!

Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Premium

Regrettably it shows how Heljan peaked very early.

Mike.

No it is a Hymek not a Peak. :nono: :nono:

It is a great model, what a pity they seem to fail every other model they make. Their North British D84xx is also wonderful, but the BTH :O

• RMweb Premium

Now that would make sense if the publishers were to do all Midland, LMS and LMR books in red, post Tops in BR blue, LNER in royal blue, SR in green, ScR in sky blue, NER in tangerine  and GWR, WR ones in brown with cream lettering, life would be so easier.

You can get paint in all those colours.

• RMweb Premium

The Heljan Western peaked as well.

attachicon.gif4sale090.jpg

I thank you.

The cab roof is wrong, as is the horn box on top. And if you fit the brake gear it will not go through Peco points.

The review in DEMUs Update was the only one to mention the brake gear problem, mind you the reviewer knows nuffink.

The Dapol one has a better cab roof and they warn you if you fit the brake gear it will not go through commercial points.

But out of the two I have I like the Heljan best as it has more character. 

Edited by Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Premium

No running tonight, I have been model making. For those who are unsure what I mean, I have been cutting plastic card and gluing it. Tonight's efforts have seen the construction of the canopy for the stabling point and made a start on the coal elevator. I know I built one in the past but can I remember how?

The photographer will be informed his services are required when the new items are in situ.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

I done a goggle search for Finsbury Park Depot, just to see if I could find any better photos of the fuel point. I did find two, one by Chris Turnbill and one by Jeff P, both of which are included in their very interesting photo threads. I was also shocked to see photos number 14 and 15 were not Finsbury park but some fat bald bloke's old train set, Hanging Hill. :swoon:

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

The cab roof is wrong, as is the horn box on top. And if you fit the brake gear it will not go through Peco points.

The review in DEMUs Update was the only one to mention the brake gear problem, mind you the reviewer knows nuffink.

The Dapol one has a better cab roof and they warn you if you fit the brake gear it will not go through commercial points.

But out of the two I have I like the Heljan best as it has more character. 

Why won't they go through points Clive? Are the brake bits out-of-gauge?

Hi John

The rigging catches on the valances preventing the bogies from swinging fully.  But who puts the bits in the bag on anyhow?

There is a bag?! Who knew? I never get mine out of the box as it reduces the status as a collectors item.

Tongue firmly in cheek.

Richard

• RMweb Premium

I am getting fed up with doing research on the interwebthingy, again tonight I goggled "Kings Cross Passenger Loco" looking for photos of the coal elevator.......5th photo was one of mine I posted on this forum. :ireful: :ireful:

Work has progress on the model elevator but not quite at the pace I would have liked. I cannot find my Revell Contacta bottle so I am struggling with Humbrol's so called equivalent. There is only one shop in Lough that sells plastic cement and that only stocks Humbrol. Never mind in just over a week I will be at a show so hopefully I can get some there. 

While I was model making, I know it is old fashioned, I ran some DMUs.

• Like 2