Sheffield Exchange, Toy trains, music and fun!

Clive Mortimore

I am getting fed up with doing research on the interwebthingy, again tonight I goggled "Kings Cross Passenger Loco" looking for photos of the coal elevator.......5th photo was one of mine I posted on this forum. :ireful: :ireful:

Work has progress on the model elevator but not quite at the pace I would have liked. I cannot find my Revell Contacta bottle so I am struggling with Humbrol's so called equivalent. There is only one shop in Lough that sells plastic cement and that only stocks Humbrol. Never mind in just over a week I will be at a show so hopefully I can get some there. 

While I was model making, I know it is old fashioned, I ran some DMUs.

I have the same problem with googling gcr petrol railcar

Richard

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Looks I can't gloat anymore, the North British Type 4 2,200hp A1A-A1A Diesel Hydraulic "Warship Class" are on the high seas and heading this way.....there will be a lot of excited modellers whose lives will now be complete. I don't think there has ever been an announcement of model where from the day it was announced to delivery has taken longer than the things were in service. :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive:

• Like 2

Looks I can't gloat anymore, the North British Type 4 2,200hp A1A-A1A Diesel Hydraulic "Warship Class" are on the high seas and heading this way.....there will be a lot of excited modellers whose lives will now be complete. I don't think there has ever been an announcement of model where from the day it was announced to delivery has taken longer than the things were in service. :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive:

So what does a North British Type 4 2,200hp A1A-A1A Diesel Hydraulic "Warship Class" look like?

Is it different to a standard Bachmann Warship / Class 42 / 43?

If not, why all the wetting of pants? :O 

• RMweb Gold

So what does a North British Type 4 2,200hp A1A-A1A Diesel Hydraulic "Warship Class" look like?

Isn't that the snub nosed one that looks like it rammed the shed wall, frequently, and at both ends!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Here is one I built earlier. And one I may never ever finish.

post-16423-0-74888200-1548437728_thumb.jpg

See Kernow D6xx Update

Topic started in Sept 2012 to date

I have also found this earlier topic

Started in June 2010.

The locos entered traffic in January 1958, and the class was withdrawn December 1967.

• Like 4

Andy, you weren't paying attention at the mince pie weekend, this is an original

NB Warship, which I showed to Clive.

post-25234-0-15121500-1548439193_thumb.jpg

Clive don't be so disparaging, they lasted 10years in service (occasionally), I don't think its

taken quite that long for the model.

And Andy you would be allowed one, 'cos at least D602 Bulldog made it into BR blue.

(Not sure about the others though).

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Andy, you weren't paying attention at the mince pie weekend, this is an original

NB Warship, which I showed to Clive.

attachicon.gifDSC_0288.JPG

Clive don't be so disparaging, they lasted 10years in service (occasionally), I don't think its

taken quite that long for the model.

And Andy you would be allowed one, 'cos at least D602 Bulldog made it into BR blue.

(Not sure about the others though).

Hi Tony

Nine years and eleven months.

I think the model had been announced before the 2010 post by Andy Y. I know it was mentioned the wait had been longer than they had been in service in a few post last year.

Anyhow , Mr P, I saw Tony's model and a very fine one it is. One of the best models Silver Fox has done. It went out of production when the Kernow one was announced. The way some people on that thread have acted it is if their life depended on having one....they could have made one like I did from Hornby class 29s, or Dapol class 22s, or made a kit like the MTK one (again one of the better MTK kits) or they could have purchased a Silver Fox model or even scratchbuilt one. God knows how many late fifties early sixties Cornish layouts there must be that desperately need a big Warship to make them complete. I look forward to seeing these wonderful train sets when the loco arrives.

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 6

I don't think there has ever been an announcement of model where from the day it was announced to delivery has taken longer than the things were in service. :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive:

Clive, let’s see how they get on with the GT3!

Tim T

• Like 1

God knows how many late fifties early sixties Cornish layouts there must be that desperately need a big Warship to make them complete..

Clive, not only Cornwall. Didn’t the last blue one end up on freight duties in South Wales?

Tim T

• Like 1

Clive, let’s see how they get on with the GT3!

Tim T

Hi Tim,

I have so far spent two years nearly starting my GT3.

In an attempt to gee myself up I bought the paint transfers to go with it recently but the model is still in its box.

Gibbo.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Clive, not only Cornwall. Didn’t the last blue one end up on freight duties in South Wales?

Tim T

Two (Bulldog and Cossack) were loaned to South Wales from Laira for a short while (Aug 67 to Nov 67) before they are withdrawn in the hope they would see a longer service life.....they were not as good as a Type 3 D68xx.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Tim,

I have so far spent two years nearly starting my GT3.

In an attempt to gee myself up I bought the paint transfers to go with it recently but the model is still in its box.

Gibbo.

Keep in the box for the great grandchildren to try and figure out what it is and what you intended to do with it. :sungum:

• RMweb Premium

Have you seen the thread questioning is 28 functions on DCC enough? :scratchhead: 

Thankfully all I ask of my trains is to go forwards and backwards, to go slower and faster and not fall off the tracks. I don't believe the last one is a DCC function as I have seen it happen on DCC layouts as well as my own. :no:

"Brummmm Brummmm Brummmm" ........."Chuffff Chuffff Chuffff" ......."Burrrr Burr", you are lucky the guard has lost his the pea in his whistle so can only wave his green flag. :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive:

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

"...and not fall off tracks."

Yeah, right, of course not, providing the bridge is in place...

He has form for this sort of thing Stubbs. :sungum:

A slight human error....and it was only a motor bogie not a full train, and it has been weeks since I last drove a loco through the buffers on to the deck and .......

A slight human error....and it was only a motor bogie not a full train, and it has been weeks since I last drove a loco through the buffers on to the deck and .......

:sungum: 

Good job it wasn't an 11 coach Voyager mate, haha :no:  :scared:  :scared: