Sheffield Exchange, Toy trains, music and fun!

Clive Mortimore

8 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Cayetana have been helping me as I wire up the signal cable form. My sure method of knowing what I am doing, you know the labels on the end of the wires has failed , half the labels fell off in this heat. I now have the cable form for the platform ends in place. I may have the signals working when I get the royal visit from Swadlincote on Monday. Or I may not. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrRoog3S_TI&list=PLz2w1rQjXBxEN4VfRaS68T46Kh1Dl7G4F&index=10

:o There is NO MAY about it, I want the night shift in the Train Room as well now, I except NO EXCUSES.:girldevil:

:yes::D:P:laugh:SORTED:good:

2 hours ago, Dr Gerbil-Fritters said:

But why is the man in front of it holding a tiny guitar? Or is it a normal size guitar and a giant man?

Normal Fender USA Strat, in Inca Silver matey, It's just me, I'm massive, haha.

• Like 2
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, Andrew P said:

:o There is NO MAY about it, I want the night shift in the Train Room as well now, I except NO EXCUSES.:girldevil:

:yes::D:P:laugh:SORTED:good:

I have wired up the first two of twenty-five signals and they work proper like. 

Back to bashing me 'ead under the base board. All the other electrics were done from above even were the wires go under the chipboard but with Eckon signals I have to curl up, shuffle under the boards and not swear too loudly as I injure me self.  

• Like 4
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Friendly/supportive 6

2 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

I have wired up the first two of twenty-five signals and they work proper like. 

Back to bashing me 'ead under the base board. All the other electrics were done from above even were the wires go under the chipboard but with Eckon signals I have to curl up, shuffle under the boards and not swear too loudly as I injure me self.  

When bashing one's head under the baseboard I find loud music helps - or at least helps to keep the expletives from reaching the neighbours.  

Les

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Les1952 said:

When bashing one's head under the baseboard I find loud music helps - or at least helps to keep the expletives from reaching the neighbours.  

Les

When bashing one's head under the baseboard I find a cycling helmet helps, so you can nod your head in time to the loud music...

Edited by Stubby47
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
21 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

See the international culture on this thread, Icelandic, Japanese, Mongolian, Mexican, Canadian, Spanish, Hungarian, and Australian

They say music is the international language Clive, it's just a shame that nobody talks to each other judging from your examples!

Mike.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
On 27/07/2019 at 08:09, Clive Mortimore said:

Lets start the day off with this

Clive,

Rather enjoyed Wolf Totem - slightly Fields of the Nephilimish but more earthy from the plains of Asia kind of sound. Seemed a bit apocalyptic too or am I getting too (New) Musical Express poncy review? 

Keep up the good work. 

Kind regards,

Richard B

14 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

They say music is the international language Clive, it's just a shame that nobody talks to each other judging from your examples!

Mike.

Bashing your ‘ead on the baseboard produces some international language as well.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium

I managed fit 18 out 25 signals by close of play last night. Just being under the baseboards was very awkward trying to solder above my head. The hot weather which made the sticky labels not be sticky meant I crossed a few wires over, one slide switch didn't travel its full distance so was not making contact and that was with one of the crossed wires.  I wired up one set of twin headed signals so the right hand switch was changing the left hand signal. The most disconcerting aspect was about a third of the green LEDs had been wired up backwards, the negative wire on the positive connection. This took ages to figure out why the greens weren't working.  Now top tidy up the train room for when Mr P and the gang descend on the ranch.

• Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 5

WOW What a cracking day, Orses, Dogs, Doghnuts, Rolls and Playing Trains.

Luckily I'm behind the Camera, haha.

IMG_8973.JPG.6e4ea6958fc6b708faeb72a02d0c13e6.JPG

Cheers Clive.:good:

Edited by Andrew P
aded a word
  • Like 9

• RMweb Premium

What a lovely day spent in the company Mr P, Jeff and big John. Playing trains, eating food, drinking tea and coffee and have a good old natter about lots of nothing, a great way to spend time with friends.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

WOW What a cracking day, Orses, Dogs, Doghnuts, Rolls and Playing Trains.

Luckily I'm behind the Camera, haha.

IMG_8973.JPG.6e4ea6958fc6b708faeb72a02d0c13e6.JPG

I am sure the geezer with the strange and weird is boring the others with  "During the war........"

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Clive Mortimore said:

I am sure the geezer with the strange and weird is boring the others with  "During the war........"

Was that the DCC war?    :jester:

• Funny 6

I have to inform you all, that NO DCC was mentioned all day, (apart from the Doghnut Count Controller) and apart from Mine Host forgetting to switch switches etc all the Trains ran as sweet as any I have seen anywhere, and a darn site better than I've seen at most shows where an awful lot of finger poking normally takes place.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

3 hours ago, Andrew P said:

I have to inform you all, that NO DCC was mentioned all day, (apart from the Doghnut Count Controller) and apart from Mine Host forgetting to switch switches etc all the Trains ran as sweet as any I have seen anywhere, and a darn site better than I've seen at most shows where an awful lot of finger poking normally takes place.

So the only finger poking was into the DOGHNUTS......sticky fingers :jester:

• Like 1
  • Funny 1