Sheffield Exchange, Toy trains, music and fun!

Clive Mortimore

Just now, Clive Mortimore said:

I have modified them so they ain't got a bog in them anymore. :fie:

Holy Sh?t, what ever next, you'll be telling us that you ain't even fitted the seats inside yet, and the Steam Engine is driven by a plastic driver with an electric motor, haha:taunt:

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
17 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Holy Sh?t, what ever next, you'll be telling us that you ain't even fitted the seats inside yet, and the Steam Engine is driven by a plastic driver with an electric motor, haha:taunt:

Driver? Wot is one of them? Otherwise you are spot on. 

• Funny 1

16 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

This is how commuter terminus should look, with the help of the North London EMUs.

009a.jpg.43b586e4dc29223159546a662dac4e14.jpg

The BR standard is all set to depart.

010a.jpg.3e5cc0c68458e5c737882cfbce19d99e.jpg

As is the LMS GEC train.

011a.jpg.507fa41b804fb5f2503a294bb74779bd.jpg

The old Airfix (and these are Airfix not Dapol) coaches are so adaptable.

018a.jpg.8354b197dd9bbc198b6758838693c5d9.jpg

Simultaneous departures. 

019a.jpg.30249d13e3fc7b30df551a4d6fd33e84.jpg

As viewed from the new tall office tower. 021a.jpg.224ce69d87ea47c2f3517d917a1d4744.jpg

Just for this photo the GEC unit is on its way to Richmond and the Class 501 to Watford.

See the fun you can still have even if the layout and trains are only part built.

I believe the American phrase is "running as the Plywood Pacific"... 

16 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

We will now turn our attention to the railbus as it departs back to Doncaster.

013a.jpg.04b96c8804b5c2ce5119649095f935a5.jpg

All three passengers are safely on board.

014a.jpg.148f3d7eb6154e0bcb6548921bfcae33.jpg

The signal has turned green and off they go.

016a.jpg.45db736b31b506b0062b55cf6dd74ab6.jpg

It looks very lonely with all that space around it.

Une belle petite automotrice allemande, seule dans une immensite des voies...  [since everyone else has been doing foreign ]

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Again only a limited service, I find when I am modelling just have trains circulating is inspirational, I want to get the next batch of half built coaches on the layout. The Hornby Railroad coaches now have roofs to the correct lengths. Hopefully tomorrow I will make the underframes for the coaches. Then i will photograph them.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Welcome to tonight's ringside commentary on the heavyweight bout. Ringside with me is former Danish champion Heljan. Over to our MC Mr Dapol. 

" In the blue corner all the way from Barwell is British championship contender 'Bachmann' and in the other blue corner is former middleweight champion all the way from Liverpool, I mean Widnes, 'Hattons'. Tonight's referee is Mr Hornby.

"ding ding" " Round one"

Both have come out with their gloves raised, neither seems to want to deliver the opening shot.

many rounds later

"ding ding" "Round ten"

Again both fighters appear to be very stand offish, there is no show of aggression in this very public fight. What do you think of tonight's fight Heljan?

"Well to be honest the most boring match I have ever seen, I would have expected to see some aggressive moves by the newcomer in this weight, we all know how hard hitting he was as a middleweight. As for the championship contender we should have seen some counter attack moves as we have in the past. What has been really interesting is the high emotion of the crowd shouting they will be changing alliances, never supporting one fighter or the other ever again. So much excitement in the hall as if peoples lives depended on the outcome of this for what has been a very boring fight to watch."

• Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

5 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Welcome to tonight's ringside commentary on the heavyweight bout. Ringside with me is former Danish champion Heljan. Over to our MC Mr Dapol. 

" In the blue corner all the way from Barwell is British championship contender 'Bachmann' and in the other blue corner is former middleweight champion all the way from Liverpool, I mean Widnes, 'Hattons'. Tonight's referee is Mr Hornby.

"ding ding" " Round one"

Both have come out with their gloves raised, neither seems to want to deliver the opening shot.

many rounds later

"ding ding" "Round ten"

Again both fighters appear to be very stand offish, there is no show of aggression in this very public fight. What do you think of tonight's fight Heljan?

"Well to be honest the most boring match I have ever seen, I would have expected to see some aggressive moves by the newcomer in this weight, we all know how hard hitting he was as a middleweight. As for the championship contender we should have seen some counter attack moves as we have in the past. What has been really interesting is the high emotion of the crowd shouting they will be changing alliances, never supporting one fighter or the other ever again. So much excitement in the hall as if peoples lives depended on the outcome of this for what has been a very boring fight to watch."

Hi Clive,

Your last sentence sums it up, "So much excitement in the hall as if peoples lives depended on the outcome of this for what has been a very boring fight to watch."

No doubt such an attitude is what caused someone to write this on a Bachmann related thread:

"Quite pleased Hattons won’t be stocking Bachmann products, they’re over priced, out dated compared to say Accurascale etc. and the stuff takes way too long to reach the market from announcement. I can’t stand their cock sure attitude at shows and it’s about time they got a wake up call. I haven’t bought their stuff for years now, plenty other options out there. Prepared to get shot down in flames but that’s what I think."

All I can say is, bless his cottons that he lives in such a self important bubble.

That said, how are your Gresley coaches that are being constructed from formerly too short, hacked to bits and stuck back together, and as yet unpainted old fashioned Hornby rubbish?

The reason I ask is that I find the exploits of actual modellers doing actual modelling pleasantly interesting !!!

Here are some of my latest creations.

1648173771_DSCF07801.JPG.5c1ae5cc89c6526065c75702f0af9f73.JPG

Arrrhhhh, Bless !

Gibbo.

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

3 minutes ago, eastwestdivide said:

Ooh, a Freightliner papoose!

As well as that weird bogied extend-a-pacer hauled coach?

Hi eastwestdivide

It would seem that  my head is full of 1960's/70's/80's crazy business.

Gibbo.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
27 minutes ago, Gibbo675 said:

Hi Clive,

Your last sentence sums it up, "So much excitement in the hall as if peoples lives depended on the outcome of this for what has been a very boring fight to watch."

No doubt such an attitude is what caused someone to write this on a Bachmann related thread:

"Quite pleased Hattons won’t be stocking Bachmann products, they’re over priced, out dated compared to say Accurascale etc. and the stuff takes way too long to reach the market from announcement. I can’t stand their cock sure attitude at shows and it’s about time they got a wake up call. I haven’t bought their stuff for years now, plenty other options out there. Prepared to get shot down in flames but that’s what I think."

All I can say is, bless his cottons that he lives in such a self important bubble.

That said, how are your Gresley coaches that are being constructed from formerly too short, hacked to bits and stuck back together, and as yet unpainted old fashioned Hornby rubbish?

The reason I ask is that I find the exploits of actual modellers doing actual modelling pleasantly interesting !!!

Here are some of my latest creations.

1648173771_DSCF07801.JPG.5c1ae5cc89c6526065c75702f0af9f73.JPG

Arrrhhhh, Bless !

Gibbo.

First of all thanks for sharing your wonderful creations, isn't that what modelling is about?

If I get me ar$e in gear I will take some photos tonight of how far I have got, hopefully I will have the basic chassis made. On the other hand I might go subterranean and finish wiring in the signals, or I might drive some trains or sit on me bottom watching new bands I keep finding on You Tube. 

As we were talking about things Finnish the other day

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

First of all thanks for sharing your wonderful creations, isn't that what modelling is about?

If I get me ar$e in gear I will take some photos tonight of how far I have got, hopefully I will have the basic chassis made. On the other hand I might go subterranean and finish wiring in the signals, or I might drive some trains or sit on me bottom watching new bands I keep finding on You Tube. 

As we were talking about things Finnish the other day

AGREED !!!

• RMweb Premium

What a week for entertainment.

First a new video from Skating Polly, then one from Band Maid and now one from The Regrettes

As for entertainment on the model railway frunt, we have had all the froth about Bachmann and Hattons....And I thought it was only two wires how little do I know.

1 hour ago, PaulCheffus said:

Hi

Did you scratchbuild the Manchester liners container? If so do you have any drawings?

Cheers

Paul

Hi Paul,

The Manchester Liners containers is a Triang one with the corner posts ends and roof painted in BR Rail Grey. I'm not entirely sure that the ends should be grey or if the ends should be red with a grey corner posts. I then varnished it to get rid of the plastic finish.

Gibbo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Ferne the new 'orse has arrived.

1800331203_neworseFerne.jpg.32374fa526dadf8694d8c7e81a239add.jpg

Have you told you good lady that Orses are best left to roam outside and that the Building would make a nice Railway Club Room?

• Funny 1