Sheffield Exchange, Toy trains, music and fun!

Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Andrew P said:

6 of your favourites on Eastleigh Station this morning Clive, and not a Guitar between them, but 1 with a Smog mask, or just didn't want to be recognised.:laugh:

DSCF2610.JPG.1027a221f9897b9157b60e96cb28e280.JPG

I suspect, from their (lack of) sartorial style, that those ladies were not actually from the Land of the Rising Sun.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

The sides to the FO are assembled, the BFK are cut and sub assemblies drying. The BSO are cut and the TSO to diagram 91 marked out. I have enough bits left over to do 2 TSOs or SKs and another BSO. That still leaves me two over length BGs......possible post office coaches, as suggested earlier a diagram 722 POT and now another possibility a diagram 723 BPOT.

I've got a Southern Pride BPOT in the "to do" box, which will (one fine day) run with the Bachmann POSs in the West of England TPO.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

I've got a Southern Pride BPOT in the "to do" box, which will (one fine day) run with the Bachmann POSs in the West of England TPO.

I have considered a Southern Pride model, and it is a kit so it is modelling, but I just fancy having a bash me self. 

As for Dagwood Dogs and Pronto Pups......they are nothing but battered sausages. Here in Lincolnshire some of the chippy's use proper Lincolnshire sausages not cheep porkie workies. 

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 4

• RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, ian said:

Thanks to the adverts on RMweb I can now offer a way to increase your model-making production rate.

malgoritm.jpg.b93b3c900d581016b7c9852d4d13cd06.jpg

Hi Ian

Thank goodness for ad block.

I don't have an ad block on the lap top in the play room and the other night I was offered a VEGAN leather mini skirt at a discount price.....they didn't do them in fat bloke size. :sungum:

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
37 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Ian

I don't have an ad block on the lap top in the play room and the other night I was offered a VEGAN leather mini skirt at a discount price.....they didn't do them in fat bloke size. :sungum:

But would you have bought one if they did?

• Like 2
  • Funny 3

39 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Ian

1 minute ago, Joseph_Pestell said:

But would you have bought one if they did?

He did buy it, it fitted one leg, now needs to order another. haha.:laugh:

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

Dinner.  The noodles didn't look great, so I opted for the pork n rice...

20190819_175821.jpg.eb354d4f9dcf7e605a67d202eae4e092.jpg

I also made  second visit to the local hobby shop and bought some masking tape, a pin vice and mini drills, and some exotic chemicals for an aeromodeller buddy of mine.  Cheaper here, and no import duty/postage/  Well, he owes me a pint so I guess that's a form of import duty!

One more night here, then off to the airport at 9.30am tomorrow,  I do like Hong Kong, one of my favourite places for work trips.  Next up, possibly Beijing in November.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

59 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Ian

Vegan leather?  How does that work?  Ah, I get it, they take vegans then tan them to make leather!

Roja

• Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

I have considered a Southern Pride model, and it is a kit so it is modelling, but I just fancy having a bash me self. 

As for Dagwood Dogs and Pronto Pups......they are nothing but battered sausages. Here in Lincolnshire some of the chippy's use proper Lincolnshire sausages not cheep porkie workies. 

Battered? Yes. Sausages? Hmm...

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Ian

You could've bought two and stuck them together with

wait for it...

animal glue.

• Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
34 minutes ago, Dr Gerbil-Fritters said:

Dinner.  The noodles didn't look great, so I opted for the pork n rice...

20190819_175821.jpg.eb354d4f9dcf7e605a67d202eae4e092.jpg

I also made  second visit to the local hobby shop and bought some masking tape, a pin vice and mini drills, and some exotic chemicals for an aeromodeller buddy of mine.  Cheaper here, and no import duty/postage/  Well, he owes me a pint so I guess that's a form of import duty!

One more night here, then off to the airport at 9.30am tomorrow,  I do like Hong Kong, one of my favourite places for work trips.  Next up, possibly Beijing in November.

I'm with you on the pork rice Doc.

I often bring back odds and ends intended for plastic modelling, but equally useful for trains, when I visit Singapore.

• RMweb Premium
17 minutes ago, St Enodoc said:

Battered? Yes. Sausages? Hmm...

Batterd jumbo sausage - works for me..

Ohh er Missus!

In fact, I'm just about to ask the guys at work what they want from the chippy!

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, newbryford said:

Batterd jumbo sausage - works for me..

Ohh er Missus!

In fact, I'm just about to ask the guys at work what they want from the chippy!

So the fish and chips are on you today.......can I have a wally with mine. :ok: Please.

• Funny 1

4 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Lakings or McDonalds?   :jester:

• RMweb Premium

Update from the carriage works....they are done.  Well the bodies are cut and shut, more Miliput is required.

In the box that Upside Down John sent me was the bodies for 3 CKs, 2 BSKs and the passenger ends off 4 BSKs. I had a spare CK body and a pile of little bits. From these I have managed to bodge the following, 1 FO dia 72, this took the first class ends of 2 of the CKs. 1 BFK, this used parts from the third CK with some bits from my spare CK, the brake end came from one of the BSKs. 2 BSO, one of these used the second BSK as its basis, with the extra windows from the spare CK. The other BSO mainly used up the second class ends of the 3 CKs, the brake end parts left after making the BFK and some oddments from the pile of bits. The 4 passenger ends from some BSKs were made into two TSOs. The last coach was the most complicated one to make, it is a dia 91 TSO, these did not have the central door so the seating bays are longer by 1mm compared to the other TSOs, one side used the spare CK and the other side the passenger end of the BSK used to to make the BFK. Photos tomora.

I have a bigger pile of bits, possibly enough to make a another coach, a BSO, or a BCK or a catering vehicle? Or just leave them in a pile for now?

As for the yearly loco test another box was done tonight, 5 Brush type 2s (all Airfix) and a BRCW type 2. The Airfix one from last night did need fixing, that has been done as well. As for the Bachy CK, I am not too sure it was the trouble maker. I was running it a Hornby Railroad CK, that hadn't caused a problem before. It looks like there was a dispute between the couplings of the two. Since separating them both have behaved.

Cheers John, I have enjoyed working out how to make these coaches and then cutting them about and sticking them back together but not in the right order.

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Update from the carriage works....they are done.  Well the bodies are cut and shut, more Miliput is required.

In the box that Upside Down John sent me was the bodies for 3 CKs, 2 BSKs and the passenger ends off 4 BSKs. I had a spare CK body and a pile of little bits. From these I have managed to bodge the following, 1 FO dia 72, this took the first class ends of 2 of the CKs. 1 BFK, this used parts from the third CK with some bits from my spare CK, the brake end came from one of the BSKs. 2 BSO, one of these used the second BSK as its basis, with the extra windows from the spare CK. The other BSO mainly used up the second class ends of the 3 CKs, the brake end parts left after making the BFK and some oddments from the pile of bits. The 4 passenger ends from some BSKs were made into two TSOs. The last coach was the most complicated one to make, it is a dia 91 TSO, these did not have the central door so the seating bays are longer by 1mm compared to the other TSOs, one side used the spare CK and the other side the passenger end of the BSK used to to make the BFK. Photos tomora.

I have a bigger pile of bits, possibly enough to make a another coach, a BSO, or a BCK or a catering vehicle? Or just leave them in a pile for now?

As for the yearly loco test another box was done tonight, 5 Brush type 2s (all Airfix) and a BRCW type 2. The Airfix one from last night did need fixing, that has been done as well. As for the Bachy CK, I am not too sure it was the trouble maker. I was running it a Hornby Railroad CK, that hadn't caused a problem before. It looks like there was a dispute between the couplings of the two. Since separating them both have behaved.

Cheers John, I have enjoyed working out how to make these coaches and then cutting them about and sticking them back together but not in the right order.

Glad to hear all that Clive - look forward to the pix.

The other ends of the four BSKs are of course running on my own layout in the guise of two BGs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
On ‎21‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 11:58, Clive Mortimore said:

I am trying to portray an early application of colour light signals installed before the days of feathers and position signals. One because I like to be different, and two, more importantly, is it is something that is very rarely modelled and tends to be forgotten historically. The beauty of these early works was their variety. There were all sorts of oddities which today are not considered normal practice. It was from the experience of these early schemes that helped develop the more unified signalling we have today.

Challenge accepted!

1835334371_SignalKit.JPG.0af5ade9a8c95e7f82a051b8f974000e.JPG

Further parcels required before I have all that I need.  Lots of bodging required.

Paul.

• Like 5
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
On ‎18‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 17:54, Andrew P said:

6 of your favourites on Eastleigh Station this morning Clive, and not a Guitar between them, but 1 with a Smog mask, or just didn't want to be recognised.:laugh:

DSCF2610.JPG.1027a221f9897b9157b60e96cb28e280.JPG

I think they wear those masks if their breath smells?

Andy Dentiste

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Funny 1