Sheffield Exchange, Toy trains, music and fun!

Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Premium

Hello Gibbo,

Misery? I don't think so just thought provoking......like the Bowie number though.

How about this for an uplifting experience, sorry it takes a while but really worth it.....

Truly not weird now but it was in 1824 when first performed.

Kind regards,

Richard B

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, 30368 said:

Hello Gibbo,

Misery? I don't think so just thought provoking......like the Bowie number though.

How about this for an uplifting experience, sorry it takes a while but really worth it.....

Kind regards,

Richard B

Tomorrow and Sunday we have a whole weekend of Beethoven - the subject of ABC Classic's Top 100 poll this year.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Wonderful! enjoy St Enodoc, its rather a special year for Beethoven is it not?

Kind regards,

Richard B

PS Sorry Clive - bit of a diversion ? But what a diversion!

Edited by 30368
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Especially not as he is de- composing.

Mike.

I suspect he finished that a looong time ago!

Paul.

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 2

21 hours ago, 30368 said:

Hello Gibbo,

Kind regards,

Richard B

Hi Richard,

Joy Division produced music to slit your wrist to as far as I'm concerned !

I much preferred The Smiths for they seemed to have a song for every occasion. I proved this to an ex girlfriend that claimed to hate The Smiths by sending her lyrics as "little love poems" that she thought were wonderful until she found out where they came from.

Gibbo.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, Gibbo675 said:

Not arf! A toss-up between them and Leonard Cohen as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
On 30/05/2020 at 10:11, richard i said:

I always get asked where I am from as people can not place the accent. The answer, “ no where and everywhere” throws a fair few but is really the truth. Only 2 years of my childhood were spent in the uk, but my passport says I am British. 

Most people nowadays can tell that I originate from Birmingham. When I was a lot younger and working around the country some people had a problem with placing my origins as like many Brummies of my age I am a third or fourth generation mongrel.

Go back to Victorian times and most of my ancestors were from North Staffs, East Cheshire, Shropshire, Worcestershire, Warwickshire, South East Staffs and London (with a West Yorkshire name). I probably picked up a few expressions and tones from most of them, enough to confuse the locals in a few areas.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
25 minutes ago, Gibbo675 said:

Hi Richard,

I much preferred The Smiths for they seemed to have a song for every occasion. I proved this to an ex girlfriend that claimed to hate The Smiths by sending her lyrics as "little love poems" that she thought were wonderful until she found out where they came from.

Gibbo.

As a student nurse I was living in a shared house, one of my mates was a big Smiths fan. Myself and one the other lads had been out, when we got home we rushed into the house demanding James put on some Smiths as we needed cheering,  Joy Division had been on the car radio.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Please accept my humble apologies, why are you all so "low mood" is something going on?

Are you not robust enough to deal with the darker side of life as well as the "Bright Side"...... I'm so sorry.... I'm so, so sorry, I'm so f.....g sorry...

I think this thread is really excellent, where else can you have such a wonderfully pointless discussion?

Clive how is the railway modelling going? I am currently building an original Merchant Navy Pacific - well kit bashing a Millholme product that someone gave up on and sold to Hattons. If it wasn't for railway modelling I would go quite mad.......ah well, back to reality.

Kind regards, and all please stay safe,

Richard B

• Friendly/supportive 5

50 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

Born & brought up in North Wales, I was very upset to once being accused of being a Scouser...

I don't think I've actually ever got over it.

Hi Stubby,

A good way to annoy Scousers is to tell them that Liverpool is an just annex of Wales, it works every time !

Gibbo.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 7

58 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

As a student nurse I was living in a shared house, one of my mates was a big Smiths fan. Myself and one the other lads had been out, when we got home we rushed into the house demanding James put on some Smiths as we needed cheering,  Joy Division had been on the car radio.

Hi Clive,

Would it not been easier to simply turn off the wireless set, thereby avoiding Joy Division, and perhaps observe the cognitive recognition that represents as objectivity via your subjective conscious perception of what is generally regarded as and passes for reality ?

Gibbo.

• Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Gibbo675 said:

Hi Clive,

Would it not been easier to simply turn off the wireless set, thereby avoiding Joy Division, and perhaps observe the cognitive recognition that represents as objectivity via your subjective conscious perception of what is generally regarded as and passes for reality ?

Gibbo.

It was the only thing that worked properly in my mate's car and turning it off might have caused some electrical problem and the car would pack altogether.

anyhow I do like a bit of Joy Division

Here is a song I like

• Like 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Gibbo675 said:

Hi Stubby,

A good way to annoy Scousers is to tell them that Liverpool is an just annex of Wales, it works every time !

Gibbo.

No as annoying as the folk who think my Scouse wife is Mancunian .......

• Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Gibbo675 said:

Does it work with those on the Wirral or are they too refined to be offended?

44 minutes ago, Alex TM said:

Not as annoying as the folk who think my Scouse wife is Mancunian .......

Manc is completely different!

Paul.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3