Sheffield Exchange, Toy trains, music and fun!

Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Premium
52 minutes ago, 30368 said:

Yes absolutely, I remember this one very well. I suspect that I am a little before your time, 73 in October but still a bit daft and always interested in something new - healthy state of mind.

Kind regards,

Richard

Music has no age limits.

This evening I am looking forward to seeing Bully on KEXP live at 11.00 am.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, Alex TM said:

Several world religions, and many theologians would agree with you!

Others ban dancing and they all pray to the same God. So it leaves me confused, can I wiggle me b u m or not.

Anyhow no matter which religion someone believes in there is a naughty boy normally called the Devil. Check out a couple of those big books where God (or the Gods) are responsible for floods, droughts, plagues, etc and what is Satan responsible for orgies and heavy metal music.

• Like 3
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, Alex TM said:

I don't know about orgies, but weren't Black Sabbath responsible for 'eavy metal?

Or was it Steppenwolf.

The line "Heavy metal thunder, racing with the wheels" was the first time the term was used in rock music. 

The Heavy Metal Kids were a street gang in William Burroughs book Nova Express. Also the name of a band fronted by Gary Holton, worth a listen to. 

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Premium
41 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Or was it Steppenwolf.

One of the most cliched pieces of TV incidental music ever.  Every time there's a motorcycle on screen, it's either "Born to be Wild" or "Motorbiking".

The film is best watched when quite drunk as well.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, simontaylor484 said:

My old man is a Church of England Priest,before that he was an Estate Agent Valued and auctioneer

Trying to work out which was the baddie and which the goodie there...

• Funny 7

On 10/08/2020 at 23:25, Gibbo675 said:

The bit I struggle with is this; if water finds its level then how can it be that it is either up hill or down hill in all directions ?

Because If you are on a ship and look out for the gradient posts you’ll see some point upwards with something like 1in 100 written on them , others point down with something like 1in 240 on them and in between they are straight with level written on them. It’s so the driver of the ship knows whether to put some more coal on or not.

Hope this helps.

• Informative/Useful 3
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Northmoor said:

One of the most cliched pieces of TV incidental music ever.  Every time there's a motorcycle on screen, it's either "Born to be Wild" or "Motorbiking".

The film is best watched when quite drunk as well.

You could always have the "Leader of the Pack". I like The Shangri-Las but that was one corny record. It would have been better without the revving bike sounds. 

• Like 3
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Clive Mortimore said:

You could always have the "Leader of the Pack". I like The Shangri-Las but that was one corny record. It would have been better without the revving bike sounds. 

Surely that was the whole point?

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, simontaylor484 said:

They have to have a baddy as a stick k to beat the faithful with.I

(My old man is a Church of England Priest,before that he was an Estate Agent Valued and auctioneer.

He's never had a proper job then, only ever peddled untruths and misinformation?!!

Mike.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 7

7 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Clive,

You seem to have missed the obvious:

Gibbo.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, jazzer said:

Because If you are on a ship and look out for the gradient posts you’ll see some point upwards with something like 1in 100 written on them , others point down with something like 1in 240 on them and in between they are straight with level written on them. It’s so the driver of the ship knows whether to put some more coal on or not.

Hope this helps.

Hi Jazzer,

I've been thinking about this and at 4" per mile that would be a gradient of 1:15840, however, the shape of the Earth rather than being  roughly spherical (tri-oblate spheroid) that would be covered in fosseths as a geodesic dome is made up from fosseths. Also that should the earth be rounded rather than having a surface made up from fosseths then the gradient posts should be renamed to differential posts as all of the gradients would be transient sections of any given part of the curved in relation to any axis set as azimuth to datum against.

I think I had better get on with my Pullmans !

Gibbo. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

8 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Clive, are you sure this is not you on your Honda 90 in this version ?

I think we should be told...

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=youtube+leader+of+the+pack&docid=608022955182129439&mid=816C30A089B3C5211987816C30A089B3C5211987&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
29 minutes ago, jazzer said:

Clive, are you sure this is not you on your Honda 90 in this version ?

I think we should be told...

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=youtube+leader+of+the+pack&docid=608022955182129439&mid=816C30A089B3C5211987816C30A089B3C5211987&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

Hi Jazzer

I have had a few Honda 90s in my time, excellent little run abouts.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, cheesysmith said:

Preferred the magic roundabout on the B side myself

That is why everyone bought the record, but it couldn't be played on Radio One by Tony Blackburn while you were eating your breakfast.

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Jazzer

Had the Suzuki Honda 50 equivalent... the U50, looked the same but was a 2 stroke. According to the manual the grace and poise of your machine will remind you of a swan taking off from a lake.....:lol:

• Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, Phil Bullock said:

Had the Suzuki Honda 50 equivalent... the U50, looked the same but was a 2 stroke. According to the manual the grace and poise of your machine will remind you of a swan taking off from a lake.....:lol:

More like a moorhen in a stagnant pond. 

Well that is how I felt at times.

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Jazzer

Now surprisingly expensive even when barely roadworthy, considering they are the commonest vehicle ever made.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, jazzer said:

Hope this helps.

The ones pointing up are for going north and the ones pointing down are for going south. The ones that are level point east-west.

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

That is why everyone bought the record, but it couldn't be played on Radio One by Tony Blackburn while you were eating your breakfast.

This was new to me - brilliant!

• Like 2