Sheffield Exchange, Toy trains, music and fun!

Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Premium

It's certainly a rarity on Clive's layout . . . . . 

. . . . a coach with sides all one colour.  Or is it possible he's had the spray gun out of hibernation?

:jester:

All the best for the new year Clive (and followers)

• Agree 1
  • Funny 7

Just now, Ray H said:

It's certainly a rarity on Clive's layout . . . . . 

. . . . a coach with sides all one colour.  Or is it possible he's had the spray gun out of hibernation?

:jester:

All the best for the new year Clive (and followers)

Hi Ray,

I think he might have left it outside overnight and it is simply covered in frost, just think of the explosion of colour once is thaws out, perhaps

Gibbo.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 5

1 hour ago, Flying Fox 34F said:

Clive,

As the distinctive shape cannot be seen, does this mean (drum roll!), you’ll have to paint it???????

Paul

Hi Paul,

Now that the blizzard has finally stopped here is a photograph to shew that it is in winter plumage, just like my van:

1139975596_DSCF13151.JPG.4945d5a3ca5eb1e7263efc5bec39a972.JPG

Gibbo.

• Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, aardvark said:

Sorry to ask, but is this cut by hand?

Hi

Yes. I have a Portrait cutter but for one offs by the time I have done a drawing on the computer I have done the same drawing and cut out the holes by hand.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, Gibbo675 said:

Hi Clive,

What diagram is this then ?

1877745234_DSCF13181.JPG.341c22776d717473ad46e21a7a40cff9.JPG

Gibbo,

Hi Gibbo

Having consulted the dark recesses of my brain, my books, the interweb, and my dogs the answer is "Go and ask someone else".

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 9

21 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Gibbo

Having consulted the dark recesses of my brain, my books, the interweb, and my dogs the answer is "Go and ask someone else".

Sir,

It is with great excitement that I am able to tell you that said vehicle is the latest contrivance for the conveyance of mails between the great cities of Liverpool and Manchester. The coach the construction of Mr Wordsell of Liverpool and is to be hauled by a loco-motive engine constructed by Mr Stephenson of Newcastle and runs upon iron rails set upon the ground.

There are a great many that suggest that in 190 years hence grown men shall produce miniatures of such to both entertain and delight, though regrettably some will despair at the various shades of paint applied for this may be a matter of great conjecture. Worse still it is thought that some will engage in deep and furious discussion about a curious form of energy currently being researched by Mr Faraday of Newington and how to apply it through the iron rails.

Fortunately not any of this will concern Mr Brunel of Portsmouth for I cannot currently afford the penalty of the profanity charge which believe is set at 2/.

Felicitation to both you and your canine companion,

Gibbo.

• Like 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 5
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, Gibbo675 said:

Sir,

It is with great excitement that I am able to tell you that said vehicle is the latest contrivance for the conveyance of mails between the great cities of Liverpool and Manchester. The coach the construction of Mr Wordsell of Liverpool and is to be hauled by a loco-motive engine constructed by Mr Stephenson of Newcastle and runs upon iron rails set upon the ground.

There are a great many that suggest that in 190 years hence grown men shall produce miniatures of such to both entertain and delight, though regrettably some will despair at the various shades of paint applied for this may be a matter of great conjecture. Worse still it is thought that some will engage in deep and furious discussion about a curious form of energy currently being researched by Mr Faraday of Newington and how to apply it through the iron rails.

Fortunately not any of this will concern Mr Brunel of Portsmouth for I cannot currently afford the penalty of the profanity charge which believe is set at 2/.

Felicitation to both you and your canine companion,

Gibbo.

My great friend amongst the travelling fraternity, Miss Rosa Lee,  and who has an affinity with crystal ball gazing, suggests that the son of said Mr Brunel of Portsmouth, may start a great debate over the distance that should be left between said rails. She also outlines that a great anxt and turmoil will undoubtedly again arise amongst those who will follow Mr Faraday’s marvels into their miniaturised form over rail spacing. 

• Like 4
  • Funny 4

5 minutes ago, john new said:

My great friend amongst the travelling fraternity, Miss Rosa Lee,  and who has an affinity with crystal ball gazing, suggests that the son of said Mr Brunel of Portsmouth, may start a great debate over the distance that should be left between said rails. She also outlines that a great anxt and turmoil will undoubtedly again arise amongst those who will follow Mr Faraday’s marvels into their miniaturised form over rail spacing. 

Mr New,

I am compelled to exclaim that there is such confusion arising from the technological marvels of the age that my head is spinning, perhaps that or that the adhesive solvent that is used for the construction of my miniature wonder has somewhat affected my sensibilities.

Gibbo.

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 3

13 minutes ago, cheesysmith said:

Sensibilities? I don`t think that is something that can be said of anyone who follows or posts on this thread lol.

If your head is spinning, it must be either the fumes or Clives taste in music.

Hi Dave,

Now look what has happened !

Gibbo.

• Like 4
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, cheesysmith said:

must go to a dark room and flog  myself with a damp copy of wrecking ball.

Young people today - always off enjoying themselves.

Edited by ian
  • Like 1
  • Funny 3

10 hours ago, john new said:

My Dear Friend,

I have, with great cogitation, wrestled with the possibility of disclosure, upon this most convenient and updated form of Babbage communication and enlightenment scroll, a reading of a deck of cards from just three days previous portraying the Tarot.

I feel that it may be wise to consult the proprietor of this great manuscript, Mr Mortimore of Lincolnshire, before causing murmured disquietude of those not inducted within any form of secret society and perturbance of those not otherwise versed in the occulted arts. It would be most unfortunate that should I make plain my account of the possible future implication of the cards of the Tarot that some may become hopelessly disoriented in matters, domestic, commercial, and worse still of the heart and of the mind.

I am sure you have a firm understanding of the above inference and its effects of its more wide ranging imposition upon those that take concern with such league in corporeality.

Salutations,

Gibbo.

Edited by Gibbo675
Improper grammar.
  • Like 2
  • Funny 2

must admit, my ambivalence to todays Hornby announcement did meet with my expectations. The only thing of real interest was the bogie bolster A, if it is different tooling to the old model. Looks like we will have to wait longer before we get a RTR EMU, even then, would we be able to afford one?  must admit, was expecting a electrostar along the lines of the 2BIL/HAL that Hornby have already done, especially as they are now in the gWr livery that Hornby love (and no monies to the swear box, i was not referring to the copper topped railway).

Back to chopping up replica Mk1 suburban's for now.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
On 04/01/2021 at 12:02, Gibbo675 said:

Hi Dave,

Now look what has happened !

Gibbo.

Hi Gibbo

I am sure your Tarot cards will show you I have already posted this song on this very thread, cos it is 'king excellent.

• Like 3