Sheffield Exchange, Toy trains, music and fun!

Clive Mortimore

It only came about because you said you were going to build one, so I thought I would see if I could get there first lol.

I actually had a DC kits 105 sat here, and was going to use that, but the roofs were too wide for the MTK cast cabs I had acquired. That's when I had the brainwave (yes, it hurt lol) of trying the cab against trix roof. They matched almost perfectly, so some triang sides cut and shut later and robert is your relative.

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Today found I had run out of pinpoint bearings when I had 5 MJT frames to do (done a pair), and 2 Airfix B set carriages, and a Comet pair.

OOOPS!

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
17 hours ago, cheesysmith said:

It only came about because you said you were going to build one, so I thought I would see if I could get there first lol.

I actually had a DC kits 105 sat here, and was going to use that, but the roofs were too wide for the MTK cast cabs I had acquired. That's when I had the brainwave (yes, it hurt lol) of trying the cab against trix roof. They matched almost perfectly, so some triang sides cut and shut later and robert is your relative.

My 120 is coming along OK, currently doing the TSLB bogies and just cleaned some gangways to fit.

• Like 1

A train related question. The 105 DMU, how many were built with the single window and how many with the twin windows in the guards van?  Asking as I have a version of each built from DC kits.

Edited by cheesysmith
Stupid tablet spell checker

• RMweb Premium
On 17/05/2021 at 11:01, Dr Gerbil-Fritters said:

Japan.  Rock Music.  

I'll just leave this here, and see myself out.

Oh dear, what can one say about this?  At least the perpetrators of this can remain fairly anonymous behind the costumes ... or are they protecting us from what they actually look like ... ?

• Agree 1

Two things, the second video reminded me where I had seen that big red guy before, a slight case of OTT.

And, I don't know about any body else, but I did get some modeling done today, even if it was just some paint. The chance of any more this week is low due to the horrible idea someone had called work. It keeps getting in the way of what you want to do.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, Gibbo675 said:

Hi Folks,

For those of us that like both a cut and shut and a bug crate here is a new appearance on the Railcar.co.uk website:

https://www.railcar.co.uk/type/paxman/summary

Gibbo.

As modelled by @macgeordie of this parish.

Mike.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

I know the feeling.

The conversation in my head at that time goes like this

"it is midnight, time for bed"

"but I just had a idea, get the knife and saw out, we can cut`n`shut X"

"no, it is sleep time"

"but..."

"sleep"

"but..."

etc  etc

Even when knackered, it still goes on. Of course, what ever wonderful idea i had at stupid o clock i cannot remember the next day lol.

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Mallard60022 said:

image.png.079fa986e7e9415b8e76495c4f6d183f.png

Botany Bay Cons enjoying themselves....they were sent there as a punishment. I am going to write a very very stiff letter to the colonial office and get this sorted. 

And those blighters in the background look like they are escaping.

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 1
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Premium
19 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Botany Bay Cons enjoying themselves....they were sent there as a punishment. I ma going to write a very very stiff letter to the colonial office and get this sorted. 

And those blighters in the background look like they are escaping.

All rushing off to New Zealand due to Aussie Covid  regs and the new Government over the Water.:D

• Funny 5

• RMweb Premium

A rant about new models and modellers reactions to them.

"It is the wrong shape".

" That doesn't matter it goes Brummm Brummm (or Chuff chuff)"   :music:

" And the lights look fantastic"..............No there are ones that shouldn't be on, do you drive with the interior light on?

Noise and looking like a Christmas tree is more important than the shape.

• Like 5
  • Agree 3
  • Funny 1