Sheffield Exchange, Toy trains, music and fun!

Clive Mortimore

13 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Tonight's song, no modelling tonight cos I fell a sleep after tea. Whoops.

Great stuff Clive . You can’t beat a good ol’  foot stomping tub thumper. That’s the best song you posted since “ He Wants Me Back.”.

2-4-6-8 Motorway must surely be in the  party pipeline.:D

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Here are my messed up models of LMS coaches made from 'Orrid 'Ornby Stainer coaches. Nothing has been done to the underframes except making them longer or shorter depending on the coach and all are running on their "works bogies".

a002.jpg.936c869533fa574a646c3f0a7abe8786.jpg

Brake Second Corridor, diagram D1968. Later design with the toilet by the end door. Made from a 'Ornby BSK and a CK to make the compartments the right length. It has come out quite well. I have a pair of duckets to make for this coach.

a003.jpg.acdd3b59392badf7efbbe036e5485b62.jpg

a004.jpg.553e3600cc4b383dd5c8087e2c85da4d.jpg

a005.jpg.5bb430e74a183c1aa1fa9863061292b1.jpg

A CO+SO articulated twin to diagram D1967. Made from the left over windows from the two BSK conversions. Where Hornby made the widows too close together on both the BSK and the CK they by accident work out right for this conversion. The SO+SO diagram D1966 had the same body, my model will have three bays of first class seating at the toilet end of one of the coaches. Pleased with how these came out.

a006.jpg.d77ba10388a9e5fe7766c74f3018c886.jpg

A CK diagram D1925 lengthened, the Hornby model has each gap between the windows 1/2mm too short, other missing bits of the 3ft are in the toilets,  a fat boy like me would get stuck the space Hornby modelled. Not at all happy with my modelling so it is going to be told off, taken apart and rebuilt.

a007.jpg.35c4c01a21a6192bde918443264621ef.jpg

A SK from a Hornby CK, By shortening the first class compartment window spaces and making the second class longer I have made a reasonable model of a diagram D1899. The roof ribs as made by Hornby are correct for a SK.

a008.jpg.663715775105425e588942792faeacef.jpg

Another BSK, an earlier one to diagram D1905, these had the toilet in the middle of the coach. This is the type of coach that Hornby modelled but for some reason they shuffled the compartments too close to each other, they line up with the interior of the LNER BCK? Using the first class end of a CK to get the longer window spacing and squeezing up the over long van end it has come out OK-ish. Again the roof ribs are correct. The daft thing is both Airfix/Dapol and Hornby (newer Stanier coaches) have made this model. I am not going to fit duckets to this coach as it will represent one the eight that never had them so they could work the Sunny South Specials. They did turn up in ordinary trains from time to time.

a011.jpg.98e6ce3df2aa80fc0c6c0adb08a0e9a2.jpg

Another shot of the artic twin.

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 4
  • Craftsmanship/clever 11

• RMweb Premium

Cath from Booklaw sent me the new DMU bookzine "Diesel Dawn 4, Diesel Multiple Units" by Robert Carroll. It is a nice colour pictorial  of DMUs of the modernisation plan. I am not too sure how much new information there is in it for me but if someone was just getting into DMUs then it is a great introduction. Most the photos are ones I have not seen before and those I do recognise are off Robert's wonderful Flickr site. May be too many blue DMUs for this 1960s modeller (personal perspective). One to add to your DMU book collection.image.png.3ea6a21b2909a8b2a70345f9a6583eb4.png

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 5

1 hour ago, Northmoor said:

Over 24 hours without RMWeb.  This is how it starts, you know.....

Hi Northmoor,

Look on the bright side, 24 hours of not having to put up with environmentally sensitive, politically correct virtue signalling isn't a bad thing now is it !!!

Gibbo.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

9 hours ago, cheesysmith said:

How`s this for political incorrect and still relevant lyrics?

Hi Dave,

How about this for too much truth, all else is reaction to it one way or another:

As the embedded link shews Roger Waters' song Watching TV might contain content that you could more than easily see on the news any night of the week.

It would seem that I'm as "Amused to Death" as Roger Waters is !

Gibbo.

• Like 1