Sheffield Exchange, Toy trains, music and fun!

Clive Mortimore

1 hour ago, Clive Mortimore said:

I have printed something in 3D, LNER gangway coach buffers, retracted. 

001a.jpg.c269862a819d6d1ab77f33405e9a2290.jpg

002a.jpg.e476ec6cd17734442218385766ff35ea.jpg

003a.jpg.0b883db119a490821b9becb898ae5777.jpg

004a.jpg.cabd312067bfa5741fc536bdbf705805.jpg

Yo Morty,

Very interesting, I didn't know you had a 3D device. May I ask which one you use and also your preferred resin please ? 

G

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, bgman said:

Yo Morty,

Very interesting, I didn't know you had a 3D device. May I ask which one you use and also your preferred resin please ? 

G

Hi Big G

I have a Anycubic Photon printer . My eldest told me to buy Elegoo water washable photopolymer resin, which means nothing to me.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
59 minutes ago, richard i said:

3d printer and retired with time on your hands. I have a list of projects for you!

richard 

Hi Richard,

Time on my hands, I have been told I need to sort out the boundary fencing and hedges all 1992.57 ft of it. Decorate my new bedroom. Train the puppy. Help next door take down two dead trees (the wind on Saturday took down one of his alive trees). Walk the dogs and remember to put the bin out tomorrow.

What do you want?

And do you have the 3D drawings?

If you have the drawings are the parents of the poor child you bullied asked nicely to do them aware?

• Like 3
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

20 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Big G

I have a Anycubic Photon printer . My eldest told me to buy Elegoo water washable photopolymer resin, which means nothing to me.

Hi Clive,

Thank you, I was considering the Photon X ( sounds like summat Dr.Who uses ! ) and will most likely be getting it soon, and thanks for the resin pointer too.

I hope it produces many items of decent quality for you mate as those buffers look very good.

G

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

a 3d printer, and here was I thinking Clive was into back and white photos because of his poor grasp of technology. I knew it was only a disguise to cover over his lack of paint on his models LOL.

Also, why do so many people bid on the old triang/Hornby mk1 full brakes? They are only useful for cut`n`shuts, being the wrong size for a BG. For the price some people pay you can get the better replica one, and that is the right size at least.

• Like 4
  • Agree 3

2 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Richard,

Time on my hands, I have been told I need to sort out the boundary fencing and hedges all 1992.57 ft of it. Decorate my new bedroom. Train the puppy. Help next door take down two dead trees (the wind on Saturday took down one of his alive trees). Walk the dogs and remember to put the bin out tomorrow.

What do you want?

If you have the drawings are the parents of the poor child you bullied asked nicely to do them aware?

Drawings galore. How far would you like to be stretched? The are simple, hard and oh my that’s complicated.

Good luck with the trees.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
18 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

I am sub-contracting the cutting part of my cutting and shutting

Impressive swordplay though it does remind me of one of Mr. Worf's Klingon aerobic exercise classes!

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, cheesysmith said:

Wow I lived round there in '92-93, recognised the locations (some like Shirebrook have changed hugely since).  I got plenty of photos but wish I'd taken a lot more.

On 01/11/2021 at 20:23, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Richard,

What do you want?

So, You have time after dark now the clocks have gone back then Clive!:D

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

A quick question, if I may.

I am trying to make the different versions of the craven DMU, and was looking at the photos of the parcels unit/129. Looking at the photos, are the marker lights mounted differently from the normal cravens, looking like they are a bit further inboard under the cab windows? Would be logical, as they did have the earlier MU cables mounted on the cab fronts.

30 minutes ago, cheesysmith said:

I am trying to make the different versions of the craven DMU, and was looking at the photos of the parcels unit/129. Looking at the photos, are the marker lights mounted differently from the normal cravens, looking like they are a bit further inboard under the cab windows? Would be logical, as they did have the earlier MU cables mounted on the cab fronts.

I looked at some of the pictures on the Railcar site and the lights don't seem to be mounted differently to me. In fact, the lights seem to be outside of the MU jumper sockets if anything. 

I had a go at a Class 129 a while ago, a DC Kits version slightly modified. Don't forget to remove the destination indicator, it's often left on, even on commercially available models!

Class-129.gif

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium
On 03/11/2021 at 20:38, cheesysmith said:

The marker lights are lower down than on a class 105, is it to clear the jumper cables?

https://railcar.co.uk/images/6584

I haven't posted a song for a while, not sure if this has been posted or not.

• Thanks 1