PCA Wagon Detailing Sets

Pete Harvey

• 4 weeks later...

Not my thing, but surely the PCA before/after pictures demonstrate the need to also alter the below solebar step?  Looks like the Bachmann might be secured to the underside of the underframe, so perhaps an etched step could  do likewise?  Looks like there is space on the overall etch for another couple of small bits.

I will look at it for an addition to the fret I went away from this initially as the steps are very exposed and prone to getting knocked off under the sole-bar but I will look at it.

What do others think about this?

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

I will look at it for an addition to the fret I went away from this initially as the steps are very exposed and prone to getting knocked off under the sole-bar but I will look at it.

What do others think about this?

Pete

Pete,

I think it would be the right thing to do, because the walkways/ladders are all lovely and etched, but then there's a crudely moulded footstep, and it looks out of place IMHO.

All it would take is a strip to be folded up, and I agree with 26power, there looks to be space on the etch for four small strips.

In terms of them getting knocked, that's the owner's problem, but could you etch them in the full thickness of the sheet, which would make them stronger? I don't know anything about etching, it's just an idea. :)

Jack.

Thanks for your input Jack as soon as I have something I will let you all know.

So I don't waste the product I have I will probably add the new steps as separate small fret that will be supplied with the main fret, only until the current stock is gone.

Pete

• 1 year later...

I've just been looking at these (both Hornby and Bachmann versions).  When you are looking at a next batch, is there any chance you could include four disc brakes on the Hornby version?

I know that the initial batches to design code PC009A had a mixture of disc and clasp brakes on alternate sides, but I understand that the versions currently in service (to design code PC009P) have disc brakes on all four wheels.  I'm not sure what other details are required to 'modernise' the Hornby PCA, but including four disc brakes in the etch would be a start.

Archived