BEIJIAO - a large Chinese HO exhibition layout set in the 21st century

TEAMYAKIMA

...... What are they doing?

Dad is admiring his new picture he's just bought, whereas his daughter wants to show him something on the other side of the room

BTW ...... have added some more details to the cycle repair  shop ..... now all it needs is some tools, oil cans etc

post-4476-0-15511700-1422908179_thumb.jpg

Edited by TEAMYAKIMA
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

^ that's really nice.

(You can't have too many bicycles in any Chinese scene I say!)

How about the obligatory small (6 to 8 inches only!) stools that are so popular there, both inside and outside the shops?

Another (outside) idea for a scene can be a Chinese chess game - this always seams to draw a crowd!

Kev.

TEAMYAKIMA, on 03 Feb 2015 - 15:09, said:

OK, next work in progress is some kind of material wholesaler - not sure exactly what they sell but Mr Chang is on hand to write out the invoices - NO CREDIT!

OK, so let's see;

Large pile of packages, containing something white (powder?) - Check!

Pile of liquid storage drums (industrial chemicals?) - Check!

Stacks of wooden packing cases and boxes (the sort that laboratory glassware comes in?) - Check!

OMG!  Its the location for the Chinese version of 'Breaking Bad'! :O

Seriously though, have been watching this post for a while now and am amazed at the whole project and the progress you are making -  keep it coming.

Steve N

Looks good, Paul. He needs a couple of friends mixing the concrete for him, or it'll be a long job.

How many more have you got to do? It'll be good to see a pic of all the units installed in the building.

Great work as normal. I am in awe of the effort you are putting in to this project

Thanks for these nice comments  .... I don't consider myself a good modeller .... I'm just someone who makes the most of what talent I do have ..... anyone could achieve what I've achieved with this layout ....it's all plastic kits and PECO track after all!

Sometimes manufacturers seem to play fast and loose with scale when it comes to scenic items - Heljan are the worst - and whilst the deviation may be small when you put an overscale item next to an underscale one then trouble starts.

So it was with chairs. I've bought loads of chairs and stools from Faller/Preiser....... the Faller garden furniture seemed fine until I made one (3 bits) ..... somewhat overscale I thought... like two Chinese could sit side by side .... more a sofa than a chair!  So I cut it down to size!

post-4476-0-47372500-1423663311_thumb.jpg

It may be subtle , but worth the effort in my opinion.

• Like 2

And all put together for the first time - still stuff to do though! Only just noticed the two white wires showing through one of the hallways!!

post-4476-0-82202400-1423736110_thumb.jpg

The herbal chemists shop is new and needs some extra detailing ... the detail inside the counter I spent a whole morning on is virtually impossible to see - even in close up let alone from 4ft 6ins away!

Edited by TEAMYAKIMA
  • Like 4

The herbal chemists shop is new and needs some extra detailing ... the detail inside the counter I spent a whole morning on is virtually impossible to see - even in close up let alone from 4ft 6ins away!

Ooops, then you might NOT want to google image search on chinese herbal medicine shop ! Lots of drawers and bottles I see in your future!

Ooops, then you might NOT want to google image search on chinese herbal medicine shop ! Lots of drawers and bottles I see in your future!

This Herbal medicine shop sells lots of perfume and those strange souvenir tea sets that the Chinese seem to like ...

Here is the back wall awaiting to be fitted with well stacked shelves .... of perfume and souvenir tea sets

post-4476-0-94318600-1424280378_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

It's the early morning of February 14th 2005 and Mr Chang's youngest son is looking for a Valentine's gift for his new girlfriend

post-4476-0-77382600-1424285344.jpg

Whilst his grandmother is explaining what's wrong with her to the chemist who is pointing out the problem on the skeleton on the wall.

post-4476-0-30333000-1424285396_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

The 3d printing is not going anywhere at the moment and so back to interiors.....

Mr Li has just got up and hasn't made his bed yet and if you look carefully you will see a photo of his girlfriend on the table beside the bed .... she's keeping an eye on him!

post-4476-0-89529600-1424867704_thumb.jpg

Edited by TEAMYAKIMA
  • Like 4