BEIJIAO - a large Chinese HO exhibition layout set in the 21st century

TEAMYAKIMA

I'd say that you have captured the contents of the coach very well. :)

(But some big blue/red and white chequered canvas bags piled up on a few of the tables wouldn't go a miss!)

Hello Kev

Thanks for your comments ...........  some of the tables have suitcases on them , but not the bags you mention ... thanks for the idea ... I'll try it.

Progress not as fast as I'd like ..... 40 hour a week job..... partner  .... club ....... blah, blah , blah ...... but the clock is ticking ........ TICK TOCK!

Have started on some apartment blocks ... keep watching!

Here's that coach with the top off - the whole interior including floor,  seats etc is all mid-blue as delivered ... should be twice as crowded of course but this as shown takes about a two days work.... note bags on seats and tables as train is approaching station and passengers getting ready to get off....

post-4476-0-71852900-1410127930_thumb.jpg

Edited by TEAMYAKIMA
  • Like 4

This is a work in progress ...............

I have spent nearly 4 hours just weathering this today .... a down - market communist era tenement  ..... spent more time weathering it than assembling it!

More over the next week or so as it develops .............

post-4476-0-21022000-1410272546_thumb.jpg

Edited by TEAMYAKIMA
  • Like 1

And in situ roughly where it will eventually go .... this is bits from two kits , I need another one to complete it ... it will be fully low relief when finished - not a flat !  No pun intended!!

post-4476-0-62287200-1410274199_thumb.jpg

Edited by TEAMYAKIMA
  • Like 1

A few hours later and we're here ...................  the front of the building is now approx where it will be finally positioned.......

post-4476-0-59711100-1410289778_thumb.jpg

post-4476-0-15599300-1410289774_thumb.jpg

Edited by TEAMYAKIMA
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

^

Don't forget the AC units sitting on rusty brackets all down one side of the building and bars across all the doors and windows of at least the first two floors!

:)

Kev.

• Like 1

Here's an update on the tenement after many hours working on the windows/doors

post-4476-0-68731500-1410647571_thumb.jpg

Edited by TEAMYAKIMA
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

This first tenement project is taking far tooooo long! Partly because I've decided to add some interior detail like landings and staircase and it's taking forever!

Here is the 'work in progress' .....

post-4476-0-84966400-1411422721.jpg

Edited by TEAMYAKIMA
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Absolutely no harm in doing that...

Coincidentally I am currently building a concrete block of flats - based on a Plattenbau principle - for our club's layout set in 1950s Berlin. As this will occupy an oddly shaped site, this needs to be scratch built, so I am following your appartment construction with interest. Different era, but similar ideologies!  

Hi Al

The floors (inc cracks) are paper sheets from Model Railway Scenery  ... can be downloaded and printed off as many times as you like ...or ... I prefer buying pre-printed ones via their ebay site. Excellent quality and EXCELLENT service from a very nice man.

More photos of the building tonight.

Paul

This is where we are now .... about half way through the project ... roof and l/h walls fitted .... staircase and floors added .... only need to add interior detail into the 'shops' on the ground floor ...

post-4476-0-46183200-1411675662.jpg

Edited by TEAMYAKIMA
  • Like 5

After a full 9 hour modelling shift things have moved on.....

Here is the second half of the final building sat alongside the first finished half ..... note the 'shop units' on the ground floor. Several will have the roller shutters left down to save me having to model an interior.

post-4476-0-09851700-1411843888_thumb.jpg

Here is the one interior I've made so far ..... a typical Chinese 'workshop'.... sorry for the fuzzy photo ... I'll try again with a tripod later

post-4476-0-55500500-1411843890_thumb.jpg

Edited by TEAMYAKIMA
  • Like 4

OK, it's been a nice morning so I tried photography in the back garden. Regret cannot get the depth of field I want but here are my best efforts ... note the new edition of the woman checking her bag for keys in the entrance to the block

post-4476-0-95431100-1411902972_thumb.jpg

And the best interior shot I could get ...

post-4476-0-23783600-1411902966_thumb.jpg

Time to stop this superdetailing this first half and get back to building the framework of  the second half of the building

Edited by TEAMYAKIMA
  • Like 3

Hi Paul

love those building , i think they came out really nice and the weathering is top notch

I really like the paper work on the wall in the machine shop and the grills on the 2nd floor.

i am sure you will be adding some roof details as well as that's where the eyes go first

great going !!

cheers

vikas

Edited by vikaschander

Another full day working on the tenements

It seems that one of the chickens has got loose

post-4476-0-45219500-1412100416_thumb.jpg

By the end of Tuesday the second building was nearly ready to join the first one ...... hopefully by Sunday!

post-4476-0-10402800-1412100421_thumb.jpg

Edited by TEAMYAKIMA
  • Like 5

I have been working on this kitbash for almost exactly one month - sometimes up to 10 hours a day and had hoped to be able to finally say @it's finished today' , but this morning with 99.99% of work done and just adding the 'final' detail - disaster struck!

post-4476-0-30916200-1412675912_thumb.jpg

Had it on my work bench but left it too near my work lamp!!

Edited by TEAMYAKIMA

• RMweb Gold

The cracks look quite good/authentic but the warping will have to be sorted.
 Replace the window, (and the  veranda), and add bars/gating over it and the door.

Kev.

Six hours later and it now looks like this - the chicken coups have moved up from the flat 4 floors below to cover the distorted window ...........

post-4476-0-23461000-1412710160_thumb.jpg

Then work on the interior of the café/restaurant .... about half done! The railfans are having a break from a hard day's gricing ....

post-4476-0-15210800-1412710162_thumb.jpg

Edited by TEAMYAKIMA
  • Like 4