N Gauge BRA Steel Strip Wagon 'EWS' telescopic hood (373-826)

Vonzack

Hi,

I've just purchased some N Gauge BRA Steel Strip Wagons (373-826), and found they don't run at all well. The wheel flanges rub on the underside of the wagon. I've checked and all bogies are fitted with 6.2mm wheels which I think are the wrong ones for this model. I think they should be fitted with the more usual 5.4mm wheels.

Can anybody confirm this for me?

Cheers, Mark.

As far as I am aware the wheels are the correct size, I have a feeling the only vehicle those bogies are fitted to with smaller wheels are the FCA flats, all others (BYA,BRA,HTA,MBA etc) run standard 3 ft wheels.

I've heard people mention wheels rubbing before on the BYA/BRA model, but isn't something i have experienced first hand. I think someone on here did some work sanding down the underside ribs to increase clearance in the past?

jo

Cheers Jo. The ones I have rub quite badly, enough to stop the wagon rolling freely at all. Looking at the coupling heights seems to suggest it's on the right wheels, so I think I'll add a spacer between the bogie and the wagon rather than take a file to it.

Archived