Everard Junction - 88 to 90 - BR Western Region

richard w

New vid is ready.  Took a long time to put this one together .  Focuses mostly on how I laid the track and includes a 10 min running session at the end.  In the running session you'll notice some bits and pieces could do with being a bit smoother.  I've rectified most of those over the last week.  Still have a few more to solve but most of the collection is running quite happily now.

The adjustments made will be covered in a future video.

Cheers

• Like 17

New vid is ready.  Took a long time to put this one together .  Focuses mostly on how I laid the track and includes a 10 min running session at the end.  In the running session you'll notice some bits and pieces could do with being a bit smoother.  I've rectified most of those over the last week.  Still have a few more to solve but most of the collection is running quite happily now.

The adjustments made will be covered in a future video.

Cheers

Very interesting watch. Your idea with the bullhead in 60ft panels on your branchline is very good!

Good stuff, Richard.

• 2 months later...

Not a huge amount of progress on the layout since the last video due to it just being far too hot in the loft.  I was impressed how well the insulation kept the heat out for the first few days but obviously it did eventually warm the loft up.  Luckily no damage has occurred to the layout and everything including the back scenes is holding up well.

I've managed to film a review of Dapol class 121 for those who are interested. 

Hopefully the temperatures will stay cooler for the rest of the summer.  Should allow me to get cracking on the roads and base level scenery.

Cheers 

Edited by richard w
  • Like 12

Not a huge amount of progress on the layout since the last video due to it just being far too hot in the loft.  I was impressed how well the insulation kept the heat out for the first few days but obviously it did eventually warm the loft up.  Luckily no damage has occurred to the layout and everything including the back scenes is holding up well.

I've managed to film a review of Dapol class 121 for those who are interested. 

Hopefully the temperatures will stay cooler for the rest of the summer.  Should allow me to get cracking on the roads and base level scenery.

Cheers 

That's excellent! Thanks for posting this. Your banked curves look really good too.

• Like 1

Richard,

The DMU coming through the super-elevated reverse curves at 37:25 is tremendous.  Can't wait to see this same view when ballasted and scenery added.  Thanks for sharing.

Jeff

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Been a bit delayed on the layout recently.  The last few months at work have been especially busy, but more importantly I've been having trouble getting the last few bits to complete the road system ordered.  The manufacturers website has been down for maintenance for some time and I've been unable to find a UK stockist or over seas seller who has stock.

Luckily today I've found one of the Dutch stockists has some so I've placed an order.

I wont go into detail about what it is yet as I'd like to save that for the video concerning it.  However I have included a shot of it working in the running video so you'll probably be able to work out what it is anyway!

• Like 14

Richard

moving cars are the one thing I would have liked to include on my layout but didn't allow for vehicles turning around when I built it what sort of radius do they need to turn?

Are they  HO vehicles or have you motorised 00 gauge models

My main issue with dcc sound was how tinny many of them sounded.  Things have improved a lot over the last few years and I was particularly impressed with the quality of the sound on the Hattons 66.  Personally I still prefer just to have the odd one or two sound locos as running multiple sound locos together doesn't really do anything for me.

For those who haven't seen the latest video here it is.  I had a really enjoyable week at Hattons and Warley.

Also took delivery of some long awaited Mk2fs.  Very pleased with them and even more pleased to finally have a rake for the swallow 47 which was bought specifically to haul this train.

post-23223-0-58848300-1543441072_thumb.jpgpost-23223-0-54671100-1543441148_thumb.jpg

post-23223-0-50508300-1543441179_thumb.jpgpost-23223-0-60231500-1543441190_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

I'm so glad i found this thread, I've been a fan for years now. The videos (especially the how to vids) have helped me, and no doubt countless others immeasurably

Thank you Richard, and keep up the amazing work  :good: