Everard Junction - 88 to 90 - BR Western Region

richard w

• RMweb Premium

Bearing in mind the time it must take to put your YouTube videos together hardly surprising you don’t have time to update often here! Can only agree with Al brilliant stuff.

Enjoy your channel to.

Cheers 

Ade

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/02/2020 at 17:10, CazRail said:

Looks very good, particularly like the part lifted line along side the bay platform. Also the 'cleaner-than-the-ballast' concrete sleepers, which isn't modelled too often.

I particularly like that.  How did you do that?

• 1 month later...

Hi Richard,

You did a really nice job on these coaches.  I'm not sure how you get stuff done so quickly.  This would be about a years worth of work for me...

Anyway, I wanted to say thanks for all the info you've posted about lighting in this video and in previous ones.  It's been helpful as I start to sort out some of my own passenger equipment.

I hope your company is able to weather the current situation and you're able to get back to work soon.  I started following your progress on the Granada awhile back and was looking forward to seeing some video of it on the road this summer.

- Chris

www.milepost15.com

• Like 4

Thanks Chris.  The Granada is coming on very well.  Obviously I'm not able to work on it at present but I remain hopeful of getting it on the road this year.  You can follow Granada progress on the below link.  I've documented everything I've done to it over the past 4 years.

https://autoshite.com/topic/25964-1975-ford-granada-coupe-1023-hours-of-work-rebuilding-all-the-mechanical-bits/

20200314_190135.jpg.ba4e30cc3b9fce2890f3dd3e638416e1.jpg

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, richard w said:

Thanks Chris.  The Granada is coming on very well.  Obviously I'm not able to work on it at present but I remain hopeful of getting it on the road this year.  You can follow Granada progress on the below link.  I've documented everything I've done to it over the past 4 years.

https://autoshite.com/topic/25964-1975-ford-granada-coupe-1023-hours-of-work-rebuilding-all-the-mechanical-bits/

20200314_190135.jpg.ba4e30cc3b9fce2890f3dd3e638416e1.jpg

Those were rare in the UK even back then. A model that was much more popular in Germany. Sobering to think that it is 45 years old.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
54 minutes ago, richard w said:

Obviously I'm not able to work on it at present but I remain hopeful of getting it on the road this year.

It's looking great Richard. Are you going to let Ian Seabrook near it when you get it back on the road?

Al.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Hi Richard,

Just enjoyed watching your latest video.

Thank you for such inspirational viewing.

I appreciate your skill and tenacity.

Stay safe and best regards

Simon

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Richard a fabulous video I don’t know how you manage it!

2 hours a night you mentioned some dedication that and an understanding wife/partner assuming you have one!

Seen mention of your Granada before but not the thread, so timely that to read and I’m well in to that now!

Your days must have 36 hrs in them compared to us mere mortals managing on 24 hrs!

stay safe.

Cheers 

Ade

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Hi Richard,

Those Mark 2’s looked superb. You really raised the bar there and I’ll bet painting all those figures and interiors was like pulling teeth. Do you have a link to the source of the smaller more ‘scaled’ figures please?

Stay well and keep yourself safe

Lloyd

Edited by Baby Deltic

6 hours ago, AdeMoore said:

Richard a fabulous video I don’t know how you manage it!

2 hours a night you mentioned some dedication that and an understanding wife/partner assuming you have one!

Seen mention of your Granada before but not the thread, so timely that to read and I’m well in to that now!

Your days must have 36 hrs in them compared to us mere mortals managing on 24 hrs!

stay safe.

Cheers 

Ade

My thoughts exactly, I barely get time to do a bit of weathering once every couple of months these days. Not ideal.

As for the layout, the track is looking superb, however, any reason that you didn't take a crack at handbuild points at least for the visible sections of the layout? It's not a critisism I just hate Peco points with a passion and it seems a shame to use them when the rest of the track is so good.

Edited by RBE
  • Agree 2