Everard Junction - 88 to 90 - BR Western Region

richard w

1 hour ago, Adamphillip said:

Looks good in the new video, watching it right now, curious to see what you're doing to the town, is it going to be more urban? Seeing as you have the apartment block

More urban is the plan.  While the previous effort did the job I never thought it was very interesting or detailed.  Figured I'd have another go and focus more on the buildings.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

18 hours ago, armleyroad said:

Stunning work as usual! It's great to see it go from nearly nothing to that level. In the video you mention the Shipley Scrap exhibition layout?

Is the station area next on the agenda?

Cheers.

I forget the name of the layout but it certainly inspired me when I saw it.  Fantastic work.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, richard w said:

I forget the name of the layout but it certainly inspired me when I saw it.  Fantastic work.

Yes I recognise it, not many attempt this type of layout. The owner has a thread on here actually if you want to see more photos of it?

Cheers. 

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Brilliant vid Joe Richard loved every minute. Great vision and bravery to extend the scrapyard and move the canal.love the 2 motors under the arches. Can’t wait until you have the next update ready.

cheers

Ade

• 3 months later...
On 07/02/2021 at 22:48, Rhysb said:

Excellent video Richard,

on the new canal bridge there is a wire/railing type fixture on the top of the girders. Was this scratch built or a kit?

thanks

Rhys

I scratch built that from some brass wire and super glued it to the girder.

IMG-20210102-WA0007.jpeg.8ee87c99669e0fa61d2f35e0ca3648e8.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

I really, really enjoy your videos and I feel like I'm picking up so many hints and tips from them. I love the two lockdown's at each end of the street with all the little details you've packed into them.

The only thing I keep wondering is on the end of the One Way street if there would be the arrow road marking you've added or if it would be a 'Give Way' triangle?

That said, you mentioned you'd done some research into them so I expect there's a prototype for that somewhere :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LNERandBR said:

I really, really enjoy your videos and I feel like I'm picking up so many hints and tips from them. I love the two lockdown's at each end of the street with all the little details you've packed into them.

The only thing I keep wondering is on the end of the One Way street if there would be the arrow road marking you've added or if it would be a 'Give Way' triangle?

That said, you mentioned you'd done some research into them so I expect there's a prototype for that somewhere :)

Seems to be a lot of variation with the road markings.  I've looked in various places and found triangles, arrows or nothing at all.  I'm not sure which is right but its handy being able to peel the markings away should I change my mind in future.  Will keep looking, cheers.

Street.JPG.cc508d7b316085be342ca38f9b7fc6ac.JPG

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Loved the latest video.  Another excellent tutorial and encouragement.  The period you model is my favourite a great mix if traction and liveries even though my main interest is mid 80s Scottish traction, I do like a bit of Ckas 50 action and NSE livery..  I prefer the original NSE livery over revised.

I have the same Police river SD1, but thought the lights needed beefing up a bit.  Intend the change the stripe and crest to something more Scottish later on.

20210511_232951.jpg

• Like 3

I loved the car chase at the beginning. And the boxes. Those were essential in 70s shows like the Sweeney and The Professionals hehe

I could almost see Bodie and Doyle in the Capri with the Police not actually chasing them but after the same villains. Maybe they commandeered the officers under their CI5 powers...

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Waverley47708 said:

Reminds me of Everard Junction type rolling stock.  

2 X Hst Power Cars in swallow livery with full yellow ends, I always thought it was just the buffer fitted dvt ones that were painted like that, you learn something new every day!

• 5 weeks later...

I used some of that LED tape/strip and stuck it to some plasticard.  Glued some sides onto that and finished up with some clear plastic over the top.  Masked up the LEDs and painted the whole thing white.  Sort of looks like a light fixture rather than LED tape.

20210626_214742.jpg.e77fdd2288b92b3c2c7b6a23f154f716.jpg

I put some glue in both ends to seal from light blead and also give the very thin wires some extra support.

Lighting.jpg.851bb8a2977349d254cbcb78add3db6e.jpg

• Like 11
  • Craftsmanship/clever 6
  • Round of applause 1

4 hours ago, richard w said:

I used some of that LED tape/strip and stuck it to some plasticard.  Glued some sides onto that and finished up with some clear plastic over the top.  Masked up the LEDs and painted the whole thing white.  Sort of looks like a light fixture rather than LED tape.

20210626_214742.jpg.e77fdd2288b92b3c2c7b6a23f154f716.jpg

I put some glue in both ends to seal from light blead and also give the very thin wires some extra support.

Lighting.jpg.851bb8a2977349d254cbcb78add3db6e.jpg

Thanks for sharing - they look very effective!

cheers

Will

• Like 1