Everard Junction - 88 to 90 - BR Western Region

richard w

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, Clink junction said:

Just saw this pic, reminded me of Everard Junction straight away! Proves how good your layout is when real locations remind you of a model, rather than the other way round!! Keep up the good work!

A959FFC3-3B31-42BD-A4DE-768BA438348F.jpeg

Apologies for thread drift but I like to see credit given where it’s due. The original picture is by David Rostance on Flickr:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/71592768@N08/8456026173/in/album-72157631273880764/

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
19 hours ago, Gray69 said:

@richard w

In the latest video, you mention the lack of photographs of large billboards.

I have attached I picture of a rather apt hoarding taken in Ashford during February 1990 that I hope you might find useful.

That's brilliant!  Thanks very much for posting, I'll add it to my stash of images.  I've managed to gather a few billboard images over the years but they're certainly not easy to find.  Cheers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 1 month later...

Another interesting and entertaining video Richard. It’s always great to find you’ve posted an update after I’ve had a hard weekend modelling. Poor a bottle of beer, kick back and enjoy. Thank you 👍

• Like 5
  • Agree 1

Some more great additions to the layout in your latest update Richard! I never cease to be amazed by the realism of your modelling!

It was great to hear your comments about our ModelSigns Street Lights too, your NSE red paint job looked great too!

It was from struggling to find street lights that mimicked the old sodium lamps myself a couple of years ago that led to me going out and getting lights made with the monochromatic orange LEDs, so it was great to see them on your layout looking amazing!

Also, just a heads up, while we do sell through eBay as mentioned in the video, the best place to see our full range is our own site as we don't have to cover the enormous fees charged, so you'll always get a better price if you shop directly! https://store.modelsigns.uk/products/modelsigns-premium-5x-oo-gauge-led-platform-lights

(The full range can be seen at store.modelsigns.uk )

Looking forward to seeing future updates! 

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 months later...

Was just watching the video about removing weathering and posted a comment on YouTube.  I couldn't upload a picture of the before and after so have copied the comment here.

Thanks for another really useful video which got me thinking about a ScotRail BG coach I bought second hand which was apparently professionally weathered. I felt it was too dirty. I'd has a go a few years back with 70% IPA which had little impact, this time I went for 99.9% IPA.  Much better results. I did them give it a clean with soapy water to remove any left over IPA.  Totally agree with your advice on checking prototypes,  whilst some MK BG were manky, those in passenger rakes such as my ScotRail one would have been a bit cleaner as they would have gone through the carriage cleaner with the other passenger coaches in the rake I suspect.  I

20230114_221529.jpg.8e8b4f3a6fe9635022995dae713b39e2.jpg

20230114_221550.jpg.52e784cf4fe7a9a7bb8d0436242c85af.jpg

Edited by Waverley47708
  • Like 11

Hi Richard. I was watching the video where you showed the wheelchair ramp going up to the station ticket office. It got me thinking about lighting (That was the subject being discussed before I got called away) would this area not have had those rectangular wall lights with the tubular cable pipe above or below them? They were definitely a very early 90s thing. You'd usually see them work, then over time you'd see one out, then the covers missing etc. 

Edited by The Evil Bus Driver
Typo.
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• 10 months later...