Everard Junction - 88 to 90 - BR Western Region

richard w

I've used various different methods to create roads on the layout.  The road in the new scene is my best effort so far.  The method for that is covered in part 1 of the video.

Hi Richard,

Just watched it, fascinating technique achieving the bumpy nature. I may adopt it for my own. Many thanks for all of the 'How to' videos, they've helped out so many times over the past couple of years haha! Joe.

Richard, I've been following you model railway for some time.  Great to see what your doing with the developement of Everard Junction on Youtube.  Narration and camera work is what keeps me comming back.

You've captured the era spot on.  My family and I were living in the UK at the time (Bicester Oxon) what you've captured in miniature is what we traveled on and saw durning the late 80's.  My wife especially likes the inclusion of the Mothercare trucks and distribution center. 

One of the locomotives that I bought at the time was a Dapol Class 56 in the gray BR paint sceme.  I also purchased some Dapol Mk2's to run behind it! 

I suppose some wagons would be more appropriate for it and I would need a class 47 for the coaches.

I was a little supprised to learn just how old you are.  I'm really encouraged to see younger people involved in the hobby. 

The electronics and painting projects have been favorites of mine.  Although a different prototype Alaska RR 2000-2006 I was encouraged to go the DCC direction after viewing your and others experience with it.

Thanks

Brent

Are you getting more of the foam retaining walls from international models. I should be able to get in the loft over the weekend so i can put a few washes of paint 

on my retaining walls and start adding the little details to it.

Yes, I've ordered another 3 sections of wall from international models.  Those sections will join the wall up to the town scene and have some sort of backscene on top of them.

Out of stock at the moment so will have to wait a while.

Richard, I've been following you model railway for some time.  Great to see what your doing with the developement of Everard Junction on Youtube.  Narration and camera work is what keeps me comming back.

You've captured the era spot on.  My family and I were living in the UK at the time (Bicester Oxon) what you've captured in miniature is what we traveled on and saw durning the late 80's.  My wife especially likes the inclusion of the Mothercare trucks and distribution center. 

One of the locomotives that I bought at the time was a Dapol Class 56 in the gray BR paint sceme.  I also purchased some Dapol Mk2's to run behind it! 

I suppose some wagons would be more appropriate for it and I would need a class 47 for the coaches.

I was a little supprised to learn just how old you are.  I'm really encouraged to see younger people involved in the hobby. 

The electronics and painting projects have been favorites of mine.  Although a different prototype Alaska RR 2000-2006 I was encouraged to go the DCC direction after viewing your and others experience with it.

Thanks

Brent

Thanks Brent

Great to hear that I’ve got the stock right. I must have spent so many hours going through photos and footage from that period.  I still do now, only recently I spent many hours trying to work out all the differences in class 56s.

Thanks Brent

Great to hear that I’ve got the stock right. I must have spent so many hours going through photos and footage from that period. I still do now, only recently I spent many hours trying to work out all the differences in class 56s.

You could spend days working out differences on class 47s! :P

Really good work here, I have seen many of your videos, but there are so many I haven't watched them all yet. One day...

Work is slowly progressing on the two 56s...

56049 has had its red stripe repainted into the correct shade, I'm still working on the weathering for it.  The airbrushing is done, just need to get some paints and powders out to add some other effects.  

The other 56 which was 56040 is currently being painted in br large logo and will become 56047.  

As far as I can work out very few 56s of this body style made it into large logo.  I could only find about 3 or so.

post-23223-0-48529600-1406065652_thumb.jpg

post-23223-0-21464200-1406065654_thumb.jpg

About another week or so and these should be back on the layout.

• Like 5

Hi Richard

I have a Bachmann class 37 that i want to respray into EWS but do not have the time to do it myself (with having three kids) and was wondering if you would like to do it for me......obviously i would pay you if it is a job

you dont mind taking on.I ask as i liked the 37's you changed into EWS some time ago but if you would rather not then thats fine pal.

Let me know and if its a yes then i could drop it off to you as i only live up the road.

Terry

• Like 1

Hi Richard, another avid youtube follower - I was so impressed with your track cleaning vid I took the plunge and bought me a CMX track cleaner based on your recommendation - i even drag around with 20's (actually most things I use 20s for!) Are you still using Goo Gone or something else now please?

Cheers

Matt 

Hi Steve

The stand is the Tamiya spray work painting stand set.  I got it from modelzone who are no longer with us.  I believe the code for it is 74522.

Thanks

Thanks Richard. I'll see if I can source one. 

By the way when did Modelzone close. I used to love going into the store in London, they had so much great stuff and the old guy that worked in there had NO idea how to use the point of sale system, so it took forever to buy anything.

Fabulous layout Richard. I have being watching your videos from the start and your scenic skills are brilliant! Having watched your latest video for making a scene part 2 I went to my model shop and got some of that long grass to put on my version of Hornby Magazine's Operation Build It layout which features on my YouTube channel. This grass produces brilliant effects which I just had to have on my layout and its so cheap but effective! Keep up the great modelling.

Jonathan