Everard Junction - 88 to 90 - BR Western Region

richard w

Hello Richard,

I have just stumbled across this form. Started watching your Youtube videos a few years back and I am watching them again to help with my layout.

The videos are great, and has informed me about things to buy, inspiration for projects etc.

Good luck with the new layout :good:

Back to Youtube again...

Jules

• 3 weeks later...

I've been experimenting with Magnorail recently.  Very happy with it although it does take a fair bit fiddling and work to get it all working smoothly.  Had my eye on this stuff for a while as it allows you to move cars and smaller vehicles.  I was never that keen on Faller as it's limited to speeding trucks and buses.

Video is below.  Still some adjustments to make but so far it all seems to be working ok.

Cheers

Edited by richard w
  • Like 18

The cars look cool! Thanks for sharing (I've not watched the video in full but will do over Christmas)

Just need a few tailgaters to make it more British :)

cheers

Will

Just watched the video and thought it was excellent, I have never really heard of magnorail but will look it up.

The magnorail system looks fantastic and with it installed now alongside the running lines the whole thing has been brought even more into life.

Another fantastic and informative video as ever !!

Do you have a link that you are able to provide from the store you ordered from, I followed the link in the video to the magnorail website but it doesn't seem to be clear where people from the UK can order this?

Pete 

Getting hold of it isn't straight forward and delayed the video by a number of weeks.

Magnorail have (had) a store that shipped worldwide and I purchased 3 of the 4 sets I needed from there.  The page then went dead with a maintenance message and its still there over a month later.  Heres a link for it.

https://www.magnorail.com/store/

I bought the last set from a Dutch shop linked below.  So far I've yet to find anywhere in the UK that stocks magnorail.  The main magnorail site has a buy page that links to all the official stockists but none are based in the UK.

https://www.avtproducts.com/

Just found this on the website.  Explains the difficulty in ordering.

New owner for Magnorail

We, as the founders of Magnorail, will stop by the end of this year (2018). We feel we cannot pay Magnorail enough attention because we also have our 'normal' jobs to do ;) . Fortunately, a very nice and dedicated party has been found to continue business on 1 January 2019: Maketis. We'll keep you informed!

Just found this on the website.  Explains the difficulty in ordering.

Great video Richard. I really like the way you show everyone your working out. Full marks.

That new stockist you linked to above....I think Hattons stock their brand of workshop organisers.......

• 2 months later...

Hi Richard,

I find your videos such a great watch, i get a lot of inspiration, tips and ideas from what you do. I always find myself wanting to see more and looking forward to the next one.

When my loft has had the same treatment as yours (5th-8th March) i will be embarking upon my own new layout, although in a different scale, era and style. When that starts I will be watching your videos all over again and using many of the techniques that you have demonstated on Everard Junction.

Exciting times,

Thank you for posting and inspiring,

Rich

• Agree 1

Hi Richard,

Just watched your recent video again, excellent demo building that embankment. Hoping to start some scenery work soon myself and likely will use celotex. Interested to know what type of tool (Knife!) you were using and where to get same. Can you help advise thanks. Al

• RMweb Gold

Amazing, this hobby takes long enough to do this kind of things and then you film it and share nearly an hour of footage.

Great first scenery video, your static grass went on really well and you have given me some great ideas for my layout.  Looking forward to the next one now, but that's going to be a way off! 

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi Richard

Iv'e come across your YouTube channel relatively recently and am loving the videos.  They used up a lot of my spare time last week, but hey ho! :D  I like your thinking as well as the modelling skills - has helped me immensely. 

I saw a question earlier in this post asking about what your airbrush set-up was (airbrush type, compressor etc), but I couldn't see a reply.  Please could you let us know - and apologies if I have missed the reply.

Greg.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi. I've been following the youtube videos for a while now. It's given me a bit of inspiration but I haven't the space to start building anything just yet, perhaps the new year will mean I can get something running even if it is just a temporary thing. I was particularly interested in the scenery building as anything I build will be very suburban so lots of green space. I look forward to any updates. I might poke my head in at Warley club soon as I live in Rugby now so its not all that far

Hi Richard, I've been watching your channel for some time. I was saddened when you had to dismantle the old layout because of the baseboards after all of the effort you put into it, especially when you were still adding scenery like the massive train shed right until the decision to scrap it. I'm very impressed with your resolve to create a 'phoenix out of the ashes' and the very fast progress you have made. I think your super-elevated track looks superb, especially with the careful weathering and mix of colours, plus track-side detail like the cable trunking with the lids off etc, and the retaining walls, use of ground cover materials, moving roadway, building interiors and resprays. I think the new layout is going to surpass the old one, judging by what I have seen so far. The break-in scene with the transit van on the last video was very good. It would be nice if you could 'sneak' in the very last 25's, 40's and 45's which were just on the brink of withdrawal at around the time your layout is based. ;) 

Edited by Baby Deltic
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...