How to add a picture or photograph to a topic/post

First under the text box when creating a topic/post you see this below:

post-6782-0-62854700-1403635161_thumb.jpg

after a successful upload remembering that the picture file must be no larger than 1MB

You should have the following:

post-6782-0-04513000-1403635227_thumb.jpg

Click add to post highlighted in yellow below:

post-6782-0-36590800-1403635282_thumb.jpg

fourth step you can either hit post new topic or use preview post to make sure that the pictures line up where you want them. Below is a preview of this post

post-6782-0-47964900-1403635358_thumb.jpg

The maximum number of pictures you can upload in one hit to the server is ten this does not mean ten to a post by ten in the queue.

Hope this little guide helps

First under the text box when creating a topic/post you see this below:

attachicon.gifattachment rmweb.JPG

after a successful upload remembering that the picture file must be no larger than 1MB

You should have the following:

attachicon.gifattachment rmweb 2.JPG

Click add to post highlighted in yellow below:

attachicon.gifattachment rmweb 3.JPG

fourth step you can either hit post new topic or use preview post to make sure that the pictures line up where you want them. Below is a preview of this post

attachicon.gifattachment rmweb 4.JPG

The maximum number of pictures you can upload in one hit to the server is ten this does not mean ten to a post by ten in the queue.

Hope this little guide helps

Thanks for that, but thats what I've been doing and it won't play. I'll leave it a few days and try again

When I started my blog a number of months ago I attached photographs, as per the instructions above, without experiencing any problems but now it seems to have stopped working as described.

I am able to upload my chosen photograph as instructed but when I click "add to post" nothing happens. None of the pictures appear in the preview but if I publish the new post the pictures appear at the end of the post under the heading "attached thumbnails". If I drag and drop the uploaded thumbnails into the post where I require them then they appear in the published post in the correct position but they are still published again at the end of the post under the heading "attached thumbnails".

Am I doing something wrong or is this a glitch with the website?

Any help will be greatly received as I am currently put-off posting anymore on my blog.

Scott

• RMweb Gold

Something doesn't sound quite right above -

Step 1 Click on 'Choose File'  (I always choose from the desktop to save swiching around between folders but that is just me).

Step 2 When your files come up in the box double click (in my case) on the file you want to select it.  This will cause the file name to appear to the right of the 'Choose File' button.

Step 3.  Click on 'Attach the File' in order to make it appear in your list of files ready to add to the post.  N.B. this tends in my experience to be teh bit taht takes time and doesn't always work at the first attempt. 

If you are successful the screen will then appear like this

post-6859-0-17409000-1403706903_thumb.jpg

Step 4.  Position your cursor where in your text you want your pic to appear and then click on 'Add To Post, the pic description will then appear, in square brackets, at the place in your text or on your page where you positioned the cursor.

Step 5.   Click on 'Add Reply'

If you leave any pictures selected but do not click on 'Add To Post' or 'Delete' you will find them on the bottom of your post, like this -

post-6859-0-93957800-1403706727_thumb.jpg

First under the text box when creating a topic/post you see this below:...

That's fine when creating a topic or blog entry, but for replying in a topic you need to press the "Reply with attachments" button to get into the advanced editor first.

As to Steve's and Scott's problem, are you using IE11? There's been a great deal recently about IE11 not working when it comes to uploading photos. The solution is to use a decent browser...

Nick

Thanks Nick.

I am using IE11, but I was using IE11 when I first started my blog and posting pictures wasn't a problem. It's only recently that I have been having problems.

Coincidently, I have just found out that I also can't reply quoting your post.

Unfortunately I'm computer illiterate and changing my browser is not really an option. I dred to think how much of my modelling time that would encroach on. :scratchhead:

Scott

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Whenever I try and post a picture, it says file is over 1MB, so too large. Is there an easy way of reducing the file size?

If you look at the top of the RMWeb screen (to the right of "Forums" etc) you will see Image Editor.

Click on this to open it.

The click on "Open image from Computer", select the image and open it.

post-5613-0-65534700-1408092579_thumb.jpg

Now click on "Image" and select "Image size"

post-5613-0-33397400-1408092582_thumb.jpg

You should now see the box below.  Move the slider so that the image is between 1200 and 1500 pixels width (which suits what I do).

post-5613-0-12955400-1408092584_thumb.jpg

Now go to File, Select "Save"

post-5613-0-82524000-1408092585_thumb.jpg

At the bottom right of the dialogue box it tells you the file size (in this case 225 KB).  By moving the slider you can change this.  Within reason the bigger the file the better the quaity, I usually aim for around 300-400KB, but less is often OK.

IMPORTANT

Before you save it rename the file you are about to save, or you will save it over the original, i.e. you will lose the original image!!   To rename simply alter the file name in the box which says "Name"

It should now be saved as a smaller image in the same folder as your original, unless you have told it to save to somewhere else.

Hope this helps.

Edited to add about changing file name.

David

• 2 months later...

Advice please chaps

My computer has broken so I just have a phone (moto g) to access the internet at the moment. It has a camera so I assumed that it would be easy to upload images to this site. Unfortunately there is no way of editing the images file size on either the camera or gallery app on the phone, the phone doesn't support flash player so I can't use the rmweb image editor and the current version of flickr is utter tripe. I've managed to post some images by manually writing bb code in around flickr image addresses but surely there's an easier way?

The other site I post on supports tapatalk which I'm not a fan of but at least it makes image posting easy.

Archived