Various questions and posts from a noob

LU_fan

The Sandite train is made up of 1962 stock, the most notable difference is the doors aren't red and some side windows have been blanked out..

I know, but it still looks almost the same. I don't think it would take too long to repaint the EFE units to the sandite train.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/7/6103/6318979299_01141fc037_z.jpg

I've seen the pilot units you mentioned, but the de-icing car in the unique livery is new to me.

• RMweb Premium

I know, but it still looks almost the same. I don't think it would take too long to repaint the EFE units to the sandite train.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/7/6103/6318979299_01141fc037_z.jpg

I've seen the pilot units you mentioned, but the de-icing car in the unique livery is new to me.

Sorry my mistake, its a rail treatment car formerly UNDM 9459

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24772733@N05/3730564000/in/set-72157604401112037

There are plenty more pics on the flickr site. The owner goes by the name of bowroaduk. Or you can look up 56/59/62 stock and that should find them.

• RMweb Premium

Actually a whole train of 1962 stock was painted green although it was written off in a collision so only one car was retained.

An interesting livery however, The shade of green was pretty close to British Racing Green with the drivers cab communicating door painted white, the 'dome' over the cab a very glossy black and a grey roof. There is also a pic on the flickr site of it coupled to the rail treatment car mentioned above with an unpainted pilot car at the other end.

Sorry my mistake, its a rail treatment car formerly UNDM 9459

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24772733@N05/3730564000/in/set-72157604401112037

There are plenty more pics on the flickr site. The owner goes by the name of bowroaduk. Or you can look up 56/59/62 stock and that should find them.

Oh, that one. That one i have seen, and it's also one of those that i am thinking about getting in the future.

Actually a whole train of 1962 stock was painted green although it was written off in a collision so only one car was retained.

Really? I've only ever seen one car.

I can announce that in a few days i shall once again be driving my Isle of Wight cars on a show, but this time it shall be none other than my dinosaur cars. I hope to get both some photos and videos during the two days so i can show you guys here. :locomotive:

And hopefully i shall be able to order myself that first DM of the heritage 1959-stock set as soon as Adam or Phil (Radley Models) reply to the message i sent them today. If i'm lucky, though i doubt they'll be that fast, i will be able to bring that car with me to the show aswell and get some photos of that too. It won't run, but what does that matter when it's just photos?

Really? I've only ever seen one car.

I can vouch for there being a four car set painted green sat in the sidings outside Ruislip depot late in 1997. I went in with a friend who was a driver, and we walked up to have a look round. That was also the first time I came face to face with the Sleet Loco which is now at Acton, converted from ex CLR 1900 stock. I couldn't believe anything so archaic was still in existance, albeit pushed to the back of the running shed, IIRC behind 9466 and Sarah Siddons. That was one memorable day out!!!

I did take quite a lot of photos, I will see if I can dig them out.

Today was the first day of a two day show that i am running my trains at. And it was also the first day that my dino car bodies got to roll around. However, due to limited time i only managed to get one good photo.

10440848_859945837359059_177346060585194

• 2 weeks later...
I am planning to, in the future, build a module/layout/diorama of Highgate High Level as it might have looked had it actually become a Northern Line station. Maybe not a 100% accurate model as not everything is available in 00-gauge. The original station building for example, i don't think that's available.

I got the idea after visiting the station when i was in London in August.

10524735_816687178351592_645802255766053

However, is there anything special i should think about? It's going to be a post-1967 representation, so i won't include any of the 1880's buildings. But are there any other details i should add or remove? Keep in mind that in this model the station will never have been closed, so i know of a few obvious ones.

I have already placed an order for a custom repainted 1959-stock car showing Highgate as the destination. I only chose Highgate as Alexandra Palace wasn't available.

I'm not very good with that stuff, but i might do that in the future. This order was more than just a change of destination however. It's getting painted in the heritage colours, and as a change of destination wouldn't cost me anything extra i thought i'd add that fitting change aswell.

• 2 months later...

I have already placed an order for a custom repainted 1959-stock car showing Highgate as the destination. I only chose Highgate as Alexandra Palace wasn't available.

Earlier today got a message that the car i ordered last year is done! I recieved pics in the e-mail, and it is absolutely beautiful! Way more beautiful than i could imagine. I can't wait to hold it in my hands!

I am planning to, in the future, build a module/layout/diorama of Highgate High Level as it might have looked had it actually become a Northern Line station. Maybe not a 100% accurate model as not everything is available in 00-gauge. The original station building for example, i don't think that's available.

I got the idea after visiting the station when i was in London in August.
10524735_816687178351592_645802255766053

However, is there anything special i should think about? It's going to be a post-1967 representation, so i won't include any of the 1880's buildings. But are there any other details i should add or remove? Keep in mind that in this model the station will never have been closed, so i know of a few obvious ones.

you can buy a kit of the station building building at Highgate

http://r.ebay.com/u0Clef

I used this model on my layout, had to narrow it though to get it to fit my narrow platform

You can see a 1938 coming in to the station here

Hope this helps

• 4 weeks later...
"The next station is Highgate, where this train terminates. Please make sure you have all your belongings with you when you leave the train."

It has finally landed! Oh, the long wait is over, and this beautiful piece of London Underground history is now mine. 1959-stock Driving Motor number 1030 in 1920's heritage colours.

10991157_920699307950378_372009946964579

Archived