Wallace and Gromit's Cracking Contraption - The Shunt-O-Matic

Guest 009matt

Guest 009matt

It all started with an Airfix wallace and Gromit Motorbike and side car set. I picked it up cheap from somewhere, but it was missing the front spoked wheel. :angry: . However, with the purchase of a Bachmann ro-railer, my attentions to the kit took a turn for the better and developed a simplex inspired lcoc for wallace to ride, powered by the motorbike engine. A further purchase of the Shaun the Sheep LandRover kit gave me access to a further group of figures. Originally, the layout employed a turntable, but this was temporamental and the motor was on its last legs, it also didn't have an 'O-matic' part (Hence the addition of a viewer operated push button). It was built purely for fun and it has its first exhibition in its (almost) completed state at Alton on 6/7 feb I hope that you enjoy looking at it. Scale is 1:10, running on 16.5mm track - works out about 7 1/4 inch gauge (or thereabouts)

Please enjoy!

DSC_0499.jpg

Overall view of the layout!

DSC_0496.jpg

Pigs getting tickets from gromit

DSC_0493.jpg

Naughty pig watching the trains go by

DSC_0492.jpg

Wallace - 'I'm not a simplex-ton, am I lad?'

DSC_0491.jpg

Naughty pig leaving landrover

DSC_0489.jpg

Shaun's train, hauling Timmy and Bitzer (blowing his guard's whistle)

Guest 009matt

Didn't realise a re-modelling was on the cards Matt. Looks great. Certainly made me chuckle anyway. Is this appearing at Alton?

Yes, will be there

totally brillant, my daughter saw the pics as i was scrolling and instantly knew what and who it was and wagged her finger at me declaring that daddy stops with his and builds this instead?  :D :D

i think you will have a huge captive audience at alton

well done

regards

neil

Guest 009matt

Is it DCC sound........

Potentially on the cards, Alton will have MP3 player and speakers rigged up - hopefully won't be too annoying!

Guest 009matt

Thank you all for the comments - I am not sure if I can enter it into the 2010 challenge, as I have not charted its progress on here or my blog etc. I could stick it in there and see, what do you think? Size is fine.

Thank you all for the comments - I am not sure if I can enter it into the 2010 challenge, as I have not charted its progress on here or my blog etc. I could stick it in there and see, what do you think? Size is fine.

Please do Matt! I have'nt had so much fun looking at a layout online ever!! And good luck!!

• RMweb Gold

Cracking!

This could be extended to make a mini system biggrin.gif

Or have two or three micro layouts and keep swapping them around just to confuse your fellow exhibitors.

You need to order some of this ready for the show.

http://www.wensleydale.co.uk/shop/miniature-cheese-truckles/wallace-and-gromit-wensleydale-truckle.html

post-6968-1264968486187_thumb.jpg

Archived