Getting hold of Diesel Era Magazine.

Dalesman

• RMweb Premium

Evening all,

For the past 10 years plus, I've been getting Diesel Era magazine (published by Withers Publishing) through MG Sharp - it is a useful colour mag with plenty of info in.

Receipt of the mag over the past two years has been very hit and miss with about 50 percent not being received and not charged for. I thought that I'd try SPV as their website says they carry it, but got an email back some weeks after my order to say that they are stopping carrying magazines full stop. I checked Withers' site and they only do US and Canada (ie no foreign subscriptions) and no digital subscriptions (so one wonders how MG Sharp got hold of theirs!)  To cut a long story short, does anyone know of any other way that I can get a reliable sub for Diesel Era?

Cheers.

Chris

Chris, give Bill Hudson at Bill Hudson Transport Books a call on 01629 580797. When I've been in his shop I've always seen a copy or two so I think he must stock it. He is also a good resource for US books from most publishing houses.

Cheers

Chris

Chris, give Bill Hudson at Bill Hudson Transport Books a call on 01629 580797. When I've been in his shop I've always seen a copy or two so I think he must stock it. He is also a good resource for US books from most publishing houses.

Cheers

Chris

This is a good suggestion.  I understand that Bill will provide subscriptions to Model Railroader and Railroad Model Craftsman.  Diesel Era is a possibility.

• RMweb Premium

Cheers guys!

Will give them a try. Heading to the states next week to take in the NMRA Cleveland convention and Train Show - might see if there are any leads there as well.

Regards,

Chris

• 5 months later...

Archived