Modellers from Kent, Sussex, Surrey and South of the Thames

Our own projects

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone

I thought that, following on from the introduce yourself topic, a topic where we can introduce our work may be an idea?

I'll start us off with a link to my current build...

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/80045-sandhurst-how-the-south-east-was-won/page-1

Shoot me down if you think this is a bad idea...

Nestor

I currently have two projects on the go.

1) An O gauge layout, approx. 14ft long inc fiddle yard, based on the end of a run down branch in the late 1970's/early 1980's

2) An N gauge layout, currently 12ft long including fiddle yards, but designed to be "infinitely expandable" by using self contained modules.  I really need to get my butt in gear and sort out the "automatic fiddle yards"  electronics so I can then get on with the scenic side of things.

No photos really as yet because neither are anywhere near a suitable state to consider functional!

• RMweb Premium

Also have two layouts on the go linked below in my signature.

Firstly the loft layout Exford Park based loosely around the Exeter area circa 1990 with a double track roundy with branch forming third loop and a stabling point in front of the mainlines. Started in 2008 but still a long way from finished!

More recently I have been building an exhibition (hopefully from the new year if invited to any!) layout Tidworth, which is a 'what if' layout but not an authentic copy of the real Tidworth. Set in the same timeframe as Exford Park to utilise the same stock.

• 2 weeks later...

I have two layouts in the design/build phase and Crawley Yard which like most layouts could always do with some more work. The two in process are

1) Shillingstone OO SDJR layout being designed to run from pregrouping to Closure by changing the items that really identify the period, people,cars as well as the stock. I have the buildings, Baseboards and some of the stock. I'm making the track using C&L Finescale and stalled with this for the moment, takes me ages to do each point. The layout is a standard 8 *2 for the scenic area and will have a cassette fiddle yard at each end or breaking news a Freemo Module converter depending on whats agreed in that thread

2) Wealden Blue N Gauge 1965-1975 Southern Region Modular layout. Claude Dreyfuss and I are building this together with the current plan looking like a model of something Horsham like at my end and Lewes like at Claude's end. We started talking about this some months ago so its been very interesting reading about the ideas on the forums. Were going to be very specific as we want our modules to look like Sussex. All double track 3rd Rail and most likely DCC controlled. Were currently thinking something thats around 24 feet long plus fiddleyards but were designing it so once we have the terminating stations we can add additional modules in the middle in the future.

• RMweb Gold

Like the sound of the thing you're building with Claude. Living in Brighton, I've passed through Lewes many a time so will interested to see how that pans out...

Nestor

• RMweb Premium

Like the sound of the thing you're building with Claude. Living in Brighton, I've passed through Lewes many a time so will interested to see how that pans out...

Nestor

Ha! Don't get too excited, it will be more a case of inspired by Lewes, than an actual copy. I like the idea of the 'two sides of a triangle' arrangement, as well as the double-faced platform track. Long disused on the real Lewes station, but likely to be alive and kicking on my version...

• RMweb Gold

Even in inspired by is still interesting :) of course you're probably very much aware of the still used example of double faced platform track at Horsted Keynes. Are there any other in the area that are still used? They're quite an interesting feature...

Nestor

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys

Just starting out with Elmstead, just south of Elmstead Woods which is close to me. Southern shed with 3 roads, turntable and coal drop ( similar to Norwood or Redhill and Hither Green ) 2 thro' platforms and 1 bay.

Set round about 57 - 64 and part of the Kent Coast electrification.

Looking at travelling down to the Worthing show next month.

post-23421-0-67424500-1407693885_thumb.jpg

I had thought about doing my home station which was Blackheath, 2 thro roads, 1 bay platform, 1 bay siding, not to bad. Then found out there used to be an 11 road yard plus 2 headshunts and 2 'long' roads for up to 15 coaches plus loco!

Hello all,

Being greedy i've got three layouts, one more or less complete and two on the go, links are in my signature.

Smithdown Rd junction, N gauge, 2000 onwards based roughly around Willesden area.

post-6774-0-15453500-1407695939_thumb.jpg

Aylestone West, 00 gauge home based layout, NSE 80's/90's using Maidstone East as inspiration.

and lastly

N gauge Wagon repair works that hasn't got a name yet, probably set around the Midlands using DCC and sound. 

cheers

Graham.

My own project is a 00 gauge folded figure of 8 roundy roundy called "Pendeford Sidings"  (follow the link in my signature), which is a fictional line in the Pendeford area North of Wolverhampton, set in 1988 and focusing mainly on running freight trains with an occasional E.CS. from Oxley passing through.

Simon

• 3 weeks later...

Morning All,

I've only just found this group but I have two projects underway: "Bridgtown" which is my long-term project based on Wolverhampton (see link in my signature) and a second smaller layout for experimenting with scenic techniques and the FiNetrax track products. I intend to use the FiNetrax range on a future BR(S) layout once Bridgtown is complete.

Due to an impending house move progress on Bridgtown has slowed considerably, which is largely why I have started the new project. Since progress has been good on the new project I have found that photography of it has taken a back seat so have not yet started a thread on it. Once I get some photos a thread will be started.

Once in the new house and suitably settled I plan to start work "in anger" on Bridgtown, it's about time there was something more tangible!

Cheers,

Mark

Archived