Bachmann announce Class 90 (OO)

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, sirwilliamfrs said:

Is it unusual that Rails have the Class 90 in stock but Hattons are not showing it as yet?

Hattons are in a lengthy dispute with Bachmann.This has been well documented on this forum .I believe discussion on the matter here remains closed. It seems unlikely they will receive any supplies from Bachmann for now.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, 'CHARD said:

Or like 90039, leave it on the front of the Euston - Holyhead as far as Llandudno Jct....

It would have to be an EWS one, as that’s the only reason why I was allow to put it in the yard that day as EWS leased the yard! & didn’t use it!!!

• Funny 1

4 hours ago, sirwilliamfrs said:

Is it unusual that Rails have the Class 90 in stock but Hattons are not showing it as yet? Update- Hattons have assured me by telephone today that the Class 90s will be in next week.

My only advice to you is order from a shop/store that has them in stock....

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Ian Hargrave said:

Hattons are in a lengthy dispute with Bachmann.This has been well documented on this forum .I believe discussion on the matter here remains closed. It seems unlikely they will receive any supplies from Bachmann for now.

I think it might be resolved. They got some Bachmann stock this week.

5 hours ago, Ian Hargrave said:

Is there a topic about it? I'd like to read up and stay up-to-date on the matter.

On 17/05/2019 at 11:14, wombatofludham said:

Hopefully Mr Bif will come up trumps with a sound chip as soon as they hit the shops, especially as Bachmann seem to be providing all the information needed to do so.

Well, not quite as soon as they hit the shops, but not long afterwards. We now have one on the stand with a v5 chip and functioning pantograph. I need to spend a few days tweaking the settings to suit the lights, motor, speaker configuration, pantograph, etc. I’ve already updated the sounds themselves to take advantage of the v5’s capabilities (higher quality sounds,  spirax valves tinging with no hiss in-between tings, choice of two different sets of playable horns and so on). I’ve also set them up to work as a matched pair with my DVT sound project (my 86 and 87 are similarly paired with the DVT). Having had a quick browse of the Bachmann pamphlet it should also be possible to enable parking mode (red lights at both ends). We should have the finalised version for sale in the next 10 days or so all being well.

Bif

• Like 9
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, BR Blue said:

You sure? Nothing showing on the new stock pages for the last 14 days when I looked earlier.

Roy

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, legomanbiffo said:

Well, not quite as soon as they hit the shops, but not long afterwards. We now have one on the stand with a v5 chip and functioning pantograph. I need to spend a few days tweaking the settings to suit the lights, motor, speaker configuration, pantograph, etc. I’ve already updated the sounds themselves to take advantage of the v5’s capabilities (higher quality sounds,  spirax valves tinging with no hiss in-between tings, choice of two different sets of playable horns and so on). I’ve also set them up to work as a matched pair with my DVT sound project (my 86 and 87 are similarly paired with the DVT). Having had a quick browse of the Bachmann pamphlet it should also be possible to enable parking mode (red lights at both ends). We should have the finalised version for sale in the next 10 days or so all being well.

Bif

I was expecting you to be cracking on with getting sound sorted almost straight away.

Is the pre-fitted speaker of decent quality?

I'm looking forward to seeing your sound fitted 90 at DEMU.

Carl

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
48 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

You sure? Nothing showing on the new stock pages for the last 14 days when I looked earlier.

Roy

They had mk2Fs in stock this week for the first time. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, legomanbiffo said:

Bif

Great news I'm sure it'll be worth the wait

• Agree 1

46 minutes ago, BR Blue said:

Hmmm.... they have always had the first tranche of Bachmann mk2F’s in stock since their original release... it was after the first releases that were delivered the dispute arose, as I then had to cancel the rest of my Mk2f orders and go elsewhere.   I didn’t see anything on Hattons website yesterday that would indicate they have had any new Bachmann stock...

I sincerely  hope that the two of them can come to an amicable settlement..

58 minutes ago, BR Blue said:

I noticed those I wonder if they have had them from olivias.

Strange tho that all of the shops I get emails from have advertised all the upcoming and new Bachmann stuff in stock yet hattons don't mention them at all in the emails apart from stock that's on sale cheap

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, meatloaf said:

Strange tho that all of the shops I get emails from have advertised all the upcoming and new Bachmann stuff in stock yet hattons don't mention them at all in the emails apart from stock that's on sale cheap

Yes. They were mentioned as reduced in their latest email but only two types. I did not realise they had any mk2Fs before now.

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, meatloaf said:

Either Olivia’s or any other retailer that stocks Hattons products,considering that such trading arrangements are now in place and have been for some time. It would indeed be a happy outcome if relations between Bachmann and Hattons were normalised but I think this is not yet an indication of a positive result.

8 hours ago, Carl BR said:

I was expecting you to be cracking on with getting sound sorted almost straight away.

Is the pre-fitted speaker of decent quality?

I'm looking forward to seeing your sound fitted 90 at DEMU.

Carl

The speaker sounds better than I expected but there’s little or no bass to it. Fortunately for them you can get away with that to an extent with an electric. It sounds not too bad at all overall. Full credit to Bachmann for the speaker pre-fit, independent lights and pantograph innovation though. It makes the Hornby 87 look positely prehistoric from a sound and light point of view.

We’ll be exploring the pissibilities for speaker improvement over the next few days.

Bif

• Like 7
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, legomanbiffo said:

The speaker sounds better than I expected but there’s little or no bass to it. Fortunately for them you can get away with that to an extent with an electric. It sounds not too bad at all overall. Full credit to Bachmann for the speaker pre-fit, independent lights and pantograph innovation though. It makes the Hornby 87 look positely prehistoric from a sound and light point of view.

We’ll be exploring the pissibilities for speaker improvement over the next few days.

Bif

We’ll be exploring the pissibilities

Careful, water and electricity are not a good mix........

• Funny 9

• RMweb Gold

I’ve collected my two Class 90s and very impressed so far. Just commenced running-in. Impressive accessory bag as well including plenty of etched plates I understand from Shawplan.

A thunderbird Class 47 on standby in case Bachmann have been extra prototypical with the Class 90 ‘Skoda’! 

0B1A16A7-1CEA-48AE-8B8B-1A8A951E993E.jpeg.1e4bc521ca5d302adae2ef7983d21880.jpeg

6029D020-9512-45DB-8FAF-4E1026244C53.jpeg.8e5d332873f5b956e283b5efef9223b2.jpeg71FA30F5-B10B-4565-B9C5-399D303CFBB2.jpeg.83c7e333d610099a06a78c83f857527c.jpeg

D6E94A6C-3568-40FA-8E7A-2C8F65541CDE.jpeg.ae513e84547767253391448b57e566db.jpeg7DC5B2E6-49E4-4DE2-AA6E-749DACFA4B3E.jpeg.8e3bb8533c12ec7e9e45fcfc5ec8f468.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Hi everyone

Well I have to say that these models have really caught me out, on how popular they would be. I only ordered eight of each to start with, and at the time of writing this we only have four 90005's left!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/163703160968?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

I spoke to Bachmann yesterday, and all the 90's have been sold. Don't hang about making your mind up , get down to your local shop to purchase those Skoda's.

I did though manage to order twenty more decoders, they should be arriving within the next two weeks. I'll let you all know when they arrive.

We have several DCC MK2F's in stock,  Unfortunately not many InterCity versions

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/153501713462?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649 39-686DC  £62.50

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/153501712726?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649  39-675DC  £62.50

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/163657884007?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649 39--685DC  £62.50

Also we still have plenty of FGA & FFA's to go with 90037 & 90042

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/163641994525?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649  38-627   £71.95

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/153492971274?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649    38-628    £38.45

Once again guys and girls, thank you for your support

Cheers

Philip

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, MGR Hooper! said:

Is there a topic about it? I'd like to read up and stay up-to-date on the matter.

There have been topics raised about the dispute but they have been locked dues to the legal action being involved.

There is no reason why the 'dirty linen' so to speak needs to be aired in public however interesting it might be, so you will simply have to keep checking with Hattons website to see whether they have the latest Bachmann releases for purchase (or not).

• Agree 2

22 hours ago, sirwilliamfrs said:

Is it unusual that Rails have the Class 90 in stock but Hattons are not showing it as yet? Update- Hattons have assured me by telephone today that the Class 90s will be in next week.

That's interesting they are offering an assurance of one week, perhaps they have resolved it after all.

17 hours ago, BR Blue said:

14 hours ago, BR Blue said:

But only Mk2Fs, still only a few diesels left in stock and the remaining steam stock appears to be from the September sale of the century.  Wonder how they got them, was it from Bachmann or via Olivias like Meatloaf and Ian Hargrave surmise.

Anyway, back to the 90s, they look very impressive as is Davidson Parkway.

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, phil-b259 said:

There have been topics raised about the dispute but they have been locked dues to the legal action being involved.

There is no reason why the 'dirty linen' so to speak needs to be aired in public however interesting it might be, so you will simply have to keep checking with Hattons website to see whether they have the latest Bachmann releases for purchase (or not).

However it is conceivable that someone would have ordered a 90 from Hattons sometime in the last 5 years , before dispute, up to September 2018 in fact.  While there maybe on going legal issues, we really don’t know, surely Hattons should be informing their customers whether or not they can supply . The fact that Rails have them but apparently Hattons not is ominous .  Given what Phil CW is saying above it seems that you might need to be a bit fast on your feet if you want one of these. 

Edited by Legend