Bachmann announce Class 90 (OO)

Andy Y

1 hour ago, TomScrut said:

The grilles at the ends are different for a start

I think from images of the EP samples of the Bachmann Class 90, the grilles were a simple etch. I'm sure someone will be able to draw it up and offer it as a small detailing kit.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MGR Hooper! said:

I think from images of the EP samples of the Bachmann Class 90, the grilles were a simple etch. I'm sure someone will be able to draw it up and offer it as a small detailing kit.

I’m pretty sure the grille is the same as the one on Hornby’s Mk3 DVT, so you could use that?

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, martin_l_jones said:

Anybody got any tips on removing the body on these locomotives.

I'd like to gain access to the cab to fit a driver...

4 screws for the roof hatch, 2 screws (1 at each end) and then a further 2 by the bogies .....

Should be clear in the instructions supplied ..

57 minutes ago, cambo74 said:

4 screws for the roof hatch, 2 screws (1 at each end) and then a further 2 by the bogies .....

Should be clear in the instructions supplied ..

Thanks for your help, nothing detailed on the instructions I have.

Only about fitting a decoder via roof panel. I guess the suggestion from Bachmann is no need to remove it as the loco even comes with a speaker pre-fitted.

• 3 weeks later...
On 16/06/2020 at 18:14, cambo74 said:

A couple more .... 90029 on Grand Central and 90037 in EWS/DB with faded numbers .....

IMG_9676.jpeg

IMG_9682.jpeg

Great work @cambo74  :-) . I love 90037, the mix of the gorgeous EWS livery with a dash of DB. I can see this becoming my fourth DB 90 in the not so distant future - and if that wasn't enough, DB creates Grand Central for the 90s, with 90026, 90029, 90020 and understood to be 90039 and 90021 following soon.

Kat@johnsonstreetIEMD

Edited by DBC90024
i missed something
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

One to consider, 90002 now sports the name “Wolf of Badenoch” when I saw it yesterday.

E5371D62-9D58-4824-9EF6-61065E3610A1.jpeg.200dc770cf8a3dcd4fa0dc23c42ded90.jpeg

I'd probably bite! Although I don't take much convincing about modern locos in retro liveries.

• Like 1

On 09/07/2020 at 21:16, DBC90024 said:

Great work @cambo74  :-) . I love 90037, the mix of the gorgeous EWS livery with a dash of DB. I can see this becoming my fourth DB 90 in the not so distant future - and if that wasn't enough, DB creates Grand Central for the 90s, with 90026, 90029, 90020 and understood to be 90039 and 90021 following soon.

Kat@johnsonstreetIEMD

is it a trick of the light because the bottom of the cab roof nearest the camera looks rather squiggly.......

1 hour ago, ThaneofFife said:

sacrilege the livery on that mk3 sleeper.......should have been in executive livery or even IC charter with the same white roof (not a very practical colour though for a roof).

Really? What if its to be working with the Mk. 1 and Mk. 2 rake which are all the same livery, for use as staff accommodation for starting at areas further away from the Crewe base. In which case it would appear with that rake and thus fit in. Things move on...