Bachmann announce Class 90 (OO)

Andy Y

1 hour ago, PM47079 said:

That’s great 90048 is the last Freightliner grey 90 now, On the subject of the 90037 model I was put off buying 90037 because it only ran with the original buffer beam configuration from May 1990 before it was renumbered to 90137 in July 1991 and was modified accordingly, and once it was renumbered back to 90037 in June 1999 it ran for a while in the RFD colours before its repaint into EWS livery. It is now in DB cargo red with glider graphics on  ready for naming at knottingley today

088EA84F-474E-48AA-83D6-3F88013237EB.png

Oh my god, wow, look at that, it's incredible, and there was me being disappointed it was no longer in ex-EWS DB, great work there DB !!! I want one @cambo74  - Is 90018 already decalled ? 

I cant wait to see this up close on 4M25.

59 minutes ago, Squirrel Rail said:

I like that - how long until the decals come out I wonder. It’s funny with the 90s as there ( as with any class) lots of foibles as you mention. I have a few here at Squirrel Rail and will spend as long researching them as painting them! Cheers Jerry

30 minutes ago, DBC90024 said:

Oh my god, wow, look at that, it's incredible, and there was me being disappointed it was no longer in ex-EWS DB, great work there DB !!! I want one @cambo74  - Is 90018 already decalled ? 

Overexcited , calm yourself down in a dark room !

56 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

Overexcited , calm yourself down in a dark room !

If you were a DB 90 fan instead of hmmm... whatever it is that brings you here, you equally might be happy to see this, just a bit disappointed im sat in the sun in the midlands and not in sligjhtly cooler weather at Knottingley.

Aklthough I have just noticed its missing its OHLE hazard warning stickers normally top left side to the drivers door and hasnt got a DB side logo either ..

Kat@johnsonstreetIEMD

Edited by DBC90024
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, adb968008 said:

90050 is still grey...

but I know what you mean.

i’m not even sure why 90050 is still among us at this point.

Id forgotten about 90050....  so 90048 is the penultimate one.  I am surprised it’s not been chopped by now

1 hour ago, PM47079 said:

Id forgotten about 90050....  so 90048 is the penultimate one.  I am surprised it’s not been chopped by now

90050 has been left on its own some on the fringes of Freightliner's Basford hall estate and is virtually derelict in its condition and barring massively expensive rebuild will ever make it back into service. Interesting at the same tjme st the other end of the 90 timeline that Freightliner have put those recently acquired ex-GA 90s into service before they have been g&w'd at the paintshop, only 90014 is the only one reliveried so far.

3 hours ago, DBC90024 said:

If you were a DB 90 fan instead of hmmm... whatever it is that brings you here, you equally might be happy to see this, just a bit disappointed im sat in the sun in the midlands and not in sligjhtly cooler weather at Knottingley.

Aklthough I have just noticed its missing its OHLE hazard warning stickers normally top left side to the drivers door and hasnt got a DB side logo either ..

Kat@johnsonstreetIEMD

That’s probably an exclusive club ...;)

I’m a modeller that’s why I’m here 

9 hours ago, DBC90024 said:

I am too Rob D2, building an electric yard, inspired by Crewe in the real world and Wells Green TMD in the modelling world, to virtual exhibition standard and era 10-11.

Kat :-)

I’ve seen it , looks good, plenty of space for your favourite locos .

Ive seen a couple of flickr photos of the new 90 with the gliders and named after the ex head of DBS wife.....not quite sure of the relevance of gliders but I’m sure it’ll become clear 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
23 hours ago, DBC90024 said:

Decals not on yet so can alter it to this by all means .... looks nice 

Ben 

• Friendly/supportive 1

11 hours ago, rob D2 said:

I’ve seen it , looks good, plenty of space for your favourite locos .

Ive seen a couple of flickr photos of the new 90 with the gliders and named after the ex head of DBS wife.....not quite sure of the relevance of gliders but I’m sure it’ll become clear 

I'm sure I've read Hans-Georg saying that his hobby is gliding on internal emails.

If you stick "Hans-Georg Werner gliding" into Google, there's a few competitions with his name in the standings, including the UK Mountain Soaring Championship.

It does make him seem more down to earth, knowing what his hobby is! Mind you, he is pretty down to earth person face to face.

Jo

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, adb968008 said:

With a bunch of them in store, if there was a prang, i’d guess there were complete locos that could swap places with it.

True, but I suppose it depends on how serious DB is about reducing long distance diesel workings under the wires and on the WR. Depending on damage, a cab swop might be better than losing a usable loco.

Edited by brushman47544

• RMweb Gold
43 minutes ago, brushman47544 said:

True, but I suppose it depends on how serious DB is about reducing long distance diesel workings under the wires and on the WR. Depending on damage, a cab swop might be better than losing a usable loco.

Maybe, but isn't it owned by Freightliner ?

• Funny 1

13 hours ago, CB Rail said:

Hi All,

slighty of topic, earlier in the week I took this photo of 90 024 in the stunning Malcolm logistics livery.

Thought I would share here.

Enjoy.

IMG_3363.PNG

Oh wow, that is a brilliant picture @CB Rail !!! i love that livery ...

DB did great work in the paintshop @ Toton when that went on (I am bias though I guess)

40 minutes ago, DBC90024 said:

The good thing with the 90s is there are those interested in the BR era liveries and then there are also those who are modelling era 9 & 10 for the post-privatisation period.

There is a great variety So plenty of options - trouble is I keep changing my mind On which ones to do! :o

• Funny 1