Bachmann announce Class 90 (OO)

Andy Y

4 hours ago, DBC90024 said:

Great little collection going on there @Squirrel Rail ... those rfd decals come off easy enough then? 

The RFD is so much easier to work with than that bl**dy Freightliner bodyshell:D. I'm nearly there on the other LSL 90, having done 001 thought it only fair to do its playmate, couple of things to sort but you'll get the idea!

IMG_2913.jpg.4ed3d123d57f18f9f561d410dcf76ca6.jpg

• Like 2

On 22/12/2020 at 07:26, daveahudson said:

Thanks for the advice. My issue is actually similar to Martin's comments above - I.e. the decider is unaffected because if I put it in one of my other class 90s, it works fine. It just seems that part of the circuit board has blown or something :(

Sometimes it is useful to have more than 1 of a model.

I bought an IC & RfD 90 when they were released & fitted sound decoders to both after a running in session.

The IC one sounded very thin & weak. Having another allowed me to instantly understand it was a faulty speaker instead of a poor choice on Bachmann's part.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomScrut said:

I wonder if there will be another run announced next Wednesday, it's well over a year since the current turned up!

That would be nice, but i think it may be a while before the next crop comes along. I am just glad that there are people out there with the skill to repaint a locomotive

26_10_20 - Bachmann DBS 90018, DBC90028, DBC 90024 and DBC 90034 - 3.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MGR Hooper! said:

Good to know that there's an announcement on Wednesday. I'm hoping (and I'll be disappointed) for a new N gauge Class 90.

Yes next quarter is announced on the 3rd.

I'd settle for an orange FL or a DB one in OO

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Squirrel Rail said:

I’d love a DB one - so much easier to respray than that horrible power haul livery:D

I'd settle for any DB/EWS era one, but would also like in no particular order:

1 Any DB Schenker or DB minus Schenker 90 - ideally they'll do 90040 in DB minus Schenker (hopefully not 90018 - otherwise my 018 will have to be renumbered into 90040.

2 Any DB Cargo red - ideally 90035 so i can keep 90028 as it is

3 Any DB Grand Central (ideally 90026 - but not bothered which is done)

4 Any EWS First Scotrail (ideally 90021 as it's still current)

5 Hopefully not DB Blue or DB Malcolm 

6 Any EWS Class 90 - so i can have a long term stored mucky looking EWS 90 like 90017 or 90030 etc

7 90037 in DB Christine - i still love the tired ex-EWS version of this 90 - but i think some of the stored EWS 90s could end up like this in the not so distant future before given DB red treatment.

8 90039 in Back bone livery - i dont like this livery, but its a current livery so it would fit in at Johnson Street IEMD.

Kat@johnsonstreetIEMD

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
On 25/01/2021 at 15:21, DBC90024 said:

That would be nice, but i think it may be a while before the next crop comes along. I am just glad that there are people out there with the skill to repaint a locomotive

26_10_20 - Bachmann DBS 90018, DBC90028, DBC 90024 and DBC 90034 - 3.jpg

Be a few more arriving to you soon .........

• Friendly/supportive 1

On 25/01/2021 at 17:35, TomScrut said:

Yes next quarter is announced on the 3rd.

I'd settle for an orange FL or a DB one in OO

Id settle for one...just a One, NXEA or Greater Anglia version, they only served on the GEML for 17 years, and yet theres more chance of a bunch of one off liveries that only seem to last until the next batch of paint turning up at a freightliner depot, than anything else, actually theres more chance of an unbranded Greater Anglia livery turning up now a few have been pressed into freight service, as it looks unusual.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, stonojnr said:

Id settle for one...just a One, NXEA or Greater Anglia version, they only served on the GEML for 17 years, and yet theres more chance of a bunch of one off liveries that only seem to last until the next batch of paint turning up at a freightliner depot, than anything else, actually theres more chance of an unbranded Greater Anglia livery turning up now a few have been pressed into freight service, as it looks unusual.

I’m definitely game for a GA one, but need the revised Horn grills.

25 minutes ago, Pete the Elaner said:

Slow down guys. We have no idea what Bachmann have in mind.

I hope you are not going to be disappointed if Bachmann don't announce another run of 90s. They didn't in the last quarter.

Yes, slow down. Bachy’s 90s are outstanding in so many ways but they have had problems. Ideally, the problem with the bogies would need adjustments to the tooling, which would take time. I rather hope that the folks at Bachmann will take that time to iron out the problems before doing another run – ideally also including a complete object deflector/“air dam” rather than providing an inset, which leaves a rather obvious line where there shouldn’t be one. Don’t misunderstand me, I have three and I think they are marvellous; I just think a few tweaks would round them off nicely.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

14 hours ago, stonojnr said:

That's so true @stonojnr regarding the white EX-GA Freightliner 90s and I'd expect to see them like that fir some time to come but that's common place when TOCs take on or take back other operators loco stock - my second favourite DB90, 90034 still wears DRS paint but looks great and unusual all at the same time.

The same could be said about the EWS liveried ones, only they are still visible in the long term store sidings at Crewe having been liveried in early 2000s but have since seen active service all across the active electric network (WCML, ECML and including the GEML).

Whilst a DB liveried one would be nice for me in the next batch of liveries, an EWS liveried one could be useful for any area of use under OLE, maybe aside from MML or GWML - only DB Cargo red 90035 has been operating on these two networks pre certification of the OLE.

Kat@johnsonstreetIEMD

Edited by DBC90024

13 hours ago, MRDBLUE17 said:

Hi everyone,

Thought you might like to see DB 90037 which has just passed through my workbench for assembly. Just the etched name plates to go on to complete. 

All the best

Mark

B7515392-DFBB-4228-80A9-BAA95619E540.jpeg

550A611C-1EE9-4ECB-B0B7-FF37185A3B02.jpeg

F0F77B7E-DBC5-46A3-89DC-9F9BC72C1C22.jpeg

Hey @cambo74 have you seen this? 

Wow !!! @MRDBLUE17 that's impressive ... I saw this with Malcolm a few months ago ... 

Just one little thing - the tips of the pantograph aren't coloured on DBs 90s - that's a Freightliner thing - maybe just get them grey-weathered ? I noticed a couple of mine arebt as they should be.

Kat@johnsonstreetIEMD 

Edited by DBC90024
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, MRDBLUE17 said:

Hi everyone,

Thought you might like to see DB 90037 which has just passed through my workbench for assembly. Just the etched name plates to go on to complete. 

All the best

Mark

B7515392-DFBB-4228-80A9-BAA95619E540.jpeg

550A611C-1EE9-4ECB-B0B7-FF37185A3B02.jpeg

F0F77B7E-DBC5-46A3-89DC-9F9BC72C1C22.jpeg

Brilliant stuff Mark - did you produce the transfers yourself ? If not, where did you source them from please.....

Ben 

• Like 1