Bachmann announce Class 90 (OO)

Andy Y

1 hour ago, DBC90024 said:

New DB obvs, cos hey new DB is not just DB, its Schenker, minus Schenker, Cargo, Malcolm, Grand Central, Backbone, Glider, EWS and Blue..

Hi Kat, I was only referring to the colour-  the original DB orient Red or the new brighter red- I think I like the old one! 

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, Squirrel Rail said:

Paint them all blue like 034 - much nicer!

Well, Corgi did a range of different liveries lorries just like Malcolm 90024. I propose, should there be a new deal with DB that they do another skoda with a different scenescape on it.

1450185875-19154800.jpg

Edited by DBC90024
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
19 hours ago, letterspider said:

90 pages of the Class 90

Why not start a wishlist?

90909.jpg.874ed33c94ce5a097e44fdc6b6647e93.jpg

Before anyone asks...the double arrows were just too hard to draw...and no it isn't a Bachmann...

I’d suggest large logo blue, but my class 90 wishlist is already long enough in real liveries as it is.

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, DBC90024 said:

I know exactly what you mean, and yet, i am still tempted by a ficticious but logical livery or three

Got me thinking now ...... Original Railfreight or Large Logo would look good but the grills on the one bodyside might affect the positioning of the logo ..... COLAS would look good .... hmmmmm got me thinking now ........ shall I do one .....?

• RMweb Premium

Strangely I’ve always liked the BR Intercity Mainline livery - just the way it made the 90s look more workmanlike compared to the full Swallow which is quite bling bling! Always thought Swallow would’ve looked nicer with full white skirts similar to the 91s though!

But my soft spot is for Virgin being the radical new livery taking over when I was just getting into modelling and that’d be my top wishlister! :imsohappy:

Cheers,

James

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, James Makin said:

Strangely I’ve always liked the BR Intercity Mainline livery - just the way it made the 90s look more workmanlike compared to the full Swallow which is quite bling bling! Always thought Swallow would’ve looked nicer with full white skirts similar to the 91s though!

But my soft spot is for Virgin being the radical new livery taking over when I was just getting into modelling and that’d be my top wishlister! :imsohappy:

Cheers,

James

Really ???

IMG_1866.jpeg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, cambo74 said:

Got me thinking now ...... Original Railfreight or Large Logo would look good but the grills on the one bodyside might affect the positioning of the logo ..... COLAS would look good .... hmmmmm got me thinking now ........ shall I do one .....?

I think Colas would look great on a 90 BUT and this is the tricky bit, it's such a personal thing for those commissioning it - afterwards or if they change their mind - I'd say by all means do one for someone - but random ones hoping it sells is worth avoiding. I once saw a reliverying company trying to sell a Bachmann Class 45 in DB Schenker, it looked awful and it was on Ebay for ages as a DB one - hopefully they came to their senses and put it back to BR blue.

It would be far better to do a livery no one has done yet that did exist but dont do first Scotrail EWS or at least not yet lol .. as at least you know there will be some level of demand.

Kat@johnsonstreetIEMD 

4 hours ago, Squirrel Rail said:

Just finished is another 90017 - this time in EWS with the round buffers, great looking livery this one.IMG_3395.jpg.55e4477e934fcc77e447181b13af77ea.jpg

IMG_3396.jpg.25f751bcae0cdcf44404973bc7d9961e.jpg

Great job Jerry .. 90017 ... the lowest numbered DB Skoda ... currently sitting at Crewe Electric Depot in the long term store and has been for some time.

5 hours ago, Squirrel Rail said:

Just finished is another 90017 - this time in EWS with the round buffers, great looking livery this one.IMG_3395.jpg.55e4477e934fcc77e447181b13af77ea.jpg

IMG_3396.jpg.25f751bcae0cdcf44404973bc7d9961e.jpg

Great job here Jerry with 90017, the lowest numbered DB90 and one which has sat in Crewe Electric Depot's long term store pool since the early 2000s. I had one like this in a pro liveried Hornby form a while back.

EWS 90017 - 3.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DBC90024 said:

Great job here Jerry with 90017, the lowest numbered DB90 and one which has sat in Crewe Electric Depot's long term store pool since the early 2000s. I had one like this in a pro liveried Hornby form a while back.

EWS 90017 - 3.jpg

Hi Kat, you need to have that faded and weathered so you can start your own storage sidings at Johnston Street! Cheers Jerry

3 hours ago, Squirrel Rail said:

Hi Kat, you need to have that faded and weathered so you can start your own storage sidings at Johnston Street! Cheers Jerry

You mean your 90017 ? Yes I do ... lol ... I already have 90018 as my first LTS90 and 90017 would make sense. I actually have at least one berth for an LTS90 alongside the Long Term Maintenance shed away from the knitting, whether one might or could sit just beyond the gated area or not is up for debate ..

7 hours ago, DBC90024 said:

EWS 90017 - 3.jpg

For a 30+ year old model, the Hornby 90 is not too bad. The overall shape is pretty accurate, which is a good start.

Decent front valances help massively. mgrhooper has 3d printed some (I have a pair somewhere) & I sculpted 2 layers of 40 thou styrene onto the chassis to which I stuck Hornby's bogie-mounted valances. It takes a bit of time, but not too difficult & the result is very worthwhile.

The body clips beneath the cab doors can be filled & the chassis clips for these removed.

That just leaves the pan. Hurst used to do one, but this was delicate & I believe also now unavailable. The problem is making it tough without being overscale. Scratchbuilding a working one (ie one which contacts the wires) which doesn't fall apart easily looks quite challenging to me.

• Agree 1