Bachmann announce Class 90 (OO)

Andy Y

35 minutes ago, Ncarter2 said:

Jerry recently completed 90224 for me, fantastic work, got another two commissions for 90’s in with him. He also done 58033 for me many months back now.  Slowly getting the fleet together, though for what I have planned I need a few more 90’s. 

I really enjoy seeing Jerry’s locos on here too, they look fantastic. His RES one a while back was my favourite.

cheers

Mark

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, MRDBLUE17 said:

Hi Kat,

I personally want to see 90037 in it’s faded EWS livery with DB stickers to go with my plain ex DRS blue 90034. (I managed to get that one through). It all comes down to what’s a bit different like the Glider/Malcolm livery and now the Backbone. We had a lot of requests for Greater Anglia and have done 2 different ones so far. The Freightliner Over the Rainbow has been popular as well. I’m convinced Bachmann will do a DB red release at some point and we are working on etched nameplates in the hope they do appear.

Let us know what you’d like to see as we just might do them in the future.

thanks

Mark

Hi Mark,

I am a paid up member on wnxx.com and was gutted to see 90037 being taken to Toton with 90039 by a shed about six months ago, to me it was perfect just as it was, a little like 90034 is, another one of my favourites, (my then four favourites were 1 Malcolm,  2 DB Blue 3 90037 and 4 Bill. I dont know why they had to spoil 90037, it didnt need reliverying, yes, it was a little tired, maybe it could have done with a wash, still, there's no point in crying about spilt milk as they say, its done and actually, what the end result is, is something pretty impressive, i love the EWS livery and i liked the idea of one or two DB90s still carrying it, hell, there is other 70 odd class 66s still in ews and a good number still in ex EWS DB also. I think there may be scope to see the ex EWS look again on 90030 when it comes to be reintroduced to traffic, it was talked about a while back, and yes, i know one or two considerably more knowledgeable people have since come along and dismissed this idea, but if we talk about what is possible, then 90030 could be done in ex-EWS DB.  It used to carry the unusual red Crewe Locomotive Works name plate as well.

I have 90034 too, it was the first DB 90 i wanted to have done (with Bachmann not catering for the DB customer in wave 1), the chance to have a second in Bill (90028 Sir William McAlpine) presented itself and it was too good to say no, and its gone from there really. 

As for what I want to see next, I think you are best doing some sort of poll, i am pretty well catered for here and now, I think you guys have done the Grand Central one which was popular a few months ago, as I said before i think a variation of EWS and Virgin ones would make sense for you - as they would appeal to the widest audience and i imagine Horbnby would have produced a good number of 90020s and 90029 in EWS and of the Virgin ones, 90002, 90012, 90014 and 90015 - and these will be getting on - and detailed Bachmann equivalents will enhance the rakes they are tasked with pulling round the many layouts out there. It will be a massive improvement on Hornby's effort with the EWS class 90 whereby the two locos had a different nose and a different shade of maroon too. 

A this rate, i am going to need a bigger long term store siding lol

Kat :-)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I just thought I’d share the Twitter link to DB who have one of the Bachmann DB Backbone class 90’s to give away. 

Would be great if someone from RMweb won.

Your chance to win a class 90 in DB Cargo - #BackboneOfTheEconomy 
Follow the twitter link for further info
https://twitter.com/DBCargoUK/status/1387364769695469571?s=20

Thanks

Mark

Edited by MRDBLUE17
  • Friendly/supportive 3

What a great prize !!! @MRDBLUE17

Backbone ...

Could join up with recent arrival at Johnson Street Barbie and the other Team Red Skodas at Johnson Street IEMD.

DB Cargo UK (@DBCargoUK) Tweeted:
We’re giving away a Class 90 model to celebrate the findings of a report commissioned by the Rail Delivery Group which highlights the value of rail freight.

Make sure you’re following us then like and share this post to enter! T&Cs: https://t.co/1ICsqmt9ee

#BackboneOfTheEconomy https://t.co/3rE6J8VlDR https://twitter.com/DBCargoUK/status/1387364769695469571?s=20'

20210501_184814.jpg

Edited by DBC90024
  • Like 3

It's a shame the summer Bachmann product launch didn't see 90 number four, isn't it ?

Not, that I am complaining too much, and yes, there are ways round this, but maybe Bachmann are going to show us a new 90 nearer to Christmas, good job in my case lol :-)

Kat@johnsonstreetIEMD

Johnson Street - Barbie and Malcolm.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, DBC90024 said:

It's a shame the summer Bachmann product launch didn't see 90 number four, isn't it ?

Not, that I am complaining too much, and yes, there are ways round this, but maybe Bachmann are going to show us a new 90 nearer to Christmas, good job in my case lol :-)

Kat@johnsonstreetIEMD

Perhaps Bachmann has been following this thread and thinks the 90s aren’t actually very popular and that the only person buying them is Squirrel Rail...

• Funny 6

4 hours ago, brushman47544 said:

Perhaps Bachmann has been following this thread and thinks the 90s aren’t actually very popular and that the only person buying them is Squirrel Rail...

I think @cambo74 and Rainbow Railways are also contributing to global Bachmann Class 90 sales lol ...

Plus 92 pages of updates would say otherwise :-)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, DBC90024 said:

Following on from having added Barbie to the Johnson Street Skoda pool, I've recently taken the opportunity to get one of my existing DB90's detail proof'd by Jerry at @Squirrel Rail . Bill looks more polished off in a slightly grimey ''working'' state and nice compared to Barbie.

Kat@johnsonstreetIEMD

Bachmann DBC red ''Bill'' 90028 weathered - 1.jpg

Bachmann DBC red ''Bill'' 90028 weathered - 2.jpg

Bachmann DBC red ''Bill'' vs blue ''Barbie'' - 1.jpg

Bachmann DBC red ''Bill'' vs blue ''Barbie'' - 2.jpg

Looking good! It’s got to be said, Jerry turns out some fantastic 90’s! The three he’s done for me so far are fantastic, got a couple of livery’s I’d like to add, the quality of his work and his customer service is a breath of fresh air. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ncarter2 said:

Looking good! It’s got to be said, Jerry turns out some fantastic 90’s! The three he’s done for me so far are fantastic, got a couple of livery’s I’d like to add, the quality of his work and his customer service is a breath of fresh air. 

Yeah thank you for that @Ncarter2, I wish i had used @Squirrel Rail from the start, some of my 90s are needing touch-up works, which tbf, he'll sort in time, my DB Blue (90034)'s grilles both came off - and the standard of the detailing wasn't as good as it should have been - so he'll be kept busy from my end, that's for sure - and there are also liveries i am missing also, despite having a good number now in various shades of DB - I had hoped Bachmann would have done a DB or EWS 90 by now, certainly the latter makes sense, and then from that at least one, maybe two nicely weathered long term store example(s) would be finding themselves at Johnson Street IEMD.

Still lots to ponder in the near future, that's for sure

Something almost finished is this… A little bit different to the rest of the 90s on this thread. 

90001 ‘Crown Point’ still yet to be named. 

E343E75D-E0A8-4C51-9E42-CC508E61B80E.jpeg.083aeb2bbc78a64c8e847cfcb27c1b46.jpeg

some little imperfections here and there that need touching up but other than that, can’t complain. Then the finishing touches will be added before weathering. The best part is it has correct directional lighting with the bi directional markers and taillights. Only photo I’ve got is it with its body loose from the chassis so it’s not the best professional look!

• Like 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 minute ago, WrattingRoad said:

Something almost finished is this… A little bit different to the rest of the 90s on this thread. 

some little imperfections here and there that need touching up but other than that, can’t complain. Then the finishing touches will be added before weathering. The best part is it has correct directional lighting with the bi directional markers and taillights. Only photo I’ve got is it with its body loose from the chassis so it’s not the best professional look!

A perfect addition for @WrattingRoadi would say ... is this a @Squirrel Rail one too Jack ? 

6 minutes ago, DBC90024 said:

A perfect addition for @WrattingRoadi would say ... is this a @Squirrel Rail one too Jack ? 

very much so, the mk3s and dvt are going to be with it so will have a full white/red set that’ll be the ‘signature set’ so I can’t have it not be fully prototypical. The dvt will have its lights corrected and the mk3s will have the usual work (correctly painted interiors, lighting, roof vents etc) so the entire set is faultless or as close as you can get. Then some Blue/White Ex ONE stock will follow along with some Grey/White Ex NXEA bits after those. Got the ‘pretendabellio’ set in the works with 90034 which I know is up your street Kat. By the end, the layout will represent a 2015 GEML setting quite nicely with any luck. 

90001 is by TRS trains. He doesn’t take on repaints anymore as he’s started his Smoke fitting service which is doing him well. So Jerry will be the one getting my business in the future. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

4 minutes ago, WrattingRoad said:

very much so, the mk3s and dvt are going to be with it so will have a full white/red set that’ll be the ‘signature set’ so I can’t have it not be fully prototypical. The dvt will have its lights corrected and the mk3s will have the usual work (correctly painted interiors, lighting, roof vents etc) so the entire set is faultless or as close as you can get. Then some Blue/White Ex ONE stock will follow along with some Grey/White Ex NXEA bits after those. Got the ‘pretendabellio’ set in the works with 90034 which I know is up your street Kat. By the end, the layout will represent a 2015 GEML setting quite nicely with any luck. 

90001 is by TRS trains. He doesn’t take on repaints anymore as he’s started his Smoke fitting service which is doing him well. So Jerry will be the one getting my business in the future. 

The level of detail you are going for is pretty cool pet. I'm actually working on the idea of having a signature set too Jack, not of something for my layout, but possibly for other / exhibition audiences for a modelling equivalent of 4M25 - I have about 20 boxes now in various Malcolm Rail OR partner brands and states and I am even going to get some rebranded, to bring some of my boxes up to date (Dapol /Bachmann Malcolm boxes)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, WrattingRoad said:

Slightly OT but I saw my first GA 90 the other day, in partnership with a FL orange example working a service from Coatbridge FLT, my local Lidl carpark in Whifflet, Coatbridge is right next to the line!

6 hours ago, Monkersson said:

Slightly OT but I saw my first GA 90 the other day, in partnership with a FL orange example working a service from Coatbridge FLT, my local Lidl carpark in Whifflet, Coatbridge is right next to the line!

there’s no partnership, GA’s fleet of 90s  were transferred to Freightliner. 90003-90015 anyway. 001 and 002 went to LSL and now carry swallow livery. 

A lot of the ex GA 90s still have the old livery but they will all be getting repainted, some already have been repainted into the new Orange livery which I think resembles a lucazade bottle. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, WrattingRoad said:

there’s no partnership, GA’s fleet of 90s  were transferred to Freightliner. 90003-90015 anyway. 001 and 002 went to LSL and now carry swallow livery. 

A lot of the ex GA 90s still have the old livery but they will all be getting repainted, some already have been repainted into the new Orange livery which I think resembles a lucazade bottle. 

Apologies, I think predictive text took over, I meant partnered with rather than partnership!  Come to think of it, it was the first time I'd seen the G&W orange scheme on a loco in reality, in the UK.  I like that livery.

• Like 3