Bachmann announce Class 90 (OO)

Andy Y

38 minutes ago, Adamski94 said:

The livery discussion is quite interesting although completely off skew from the majority I would like to see any future announcement include an East Anglian passenger livery. GA white would suit what I have atm best but NX or ONE would sit very well with me!

I would like to do some of the Anglia ones ( home territory for me) but can't get the correct horn grill for the ones we had. Would be good if an etch became available (has been covered on here before) to create a really accurate replica.

5 minutes ago, Adamski94 said:

It certainly does look odd to see a white 90 paired with a yellow and green one! For me I have grown up with and subsequently worked with the East Anglian 90s so they always have a special place for me, as well as the Freightliner ones. In fact I bought the powerhaul 90042 as it was the first 90 I saw in that livery.

I bought the Freightliner Powerhaul one as it was the nearest configuration to be repainted into DB, which it was, and became DB Blue 90034. Following on from that, i was able to acquire classmate 90028 in DB red Sir William McAlpine and it went from there.

12 minutes ago, Squirrel Rail said:

I would like to do some of the Anglia ones ( home territory for me) but can't get the correct horn grill for the ones we had. Would be good if an etch became available (has been covered on here before) to create a really accurate replica

Maybe that's why Bachmann has held off our ones so they can make the correct horn grill. Mmmmm probably not!

11 minutes ago, DBC90024 said:

I bought the Freightliner Powerhaul one as it was the nearest configuration to be repainted into DB, which it was, and became DB Blue 90034. Following on from that, i was able to acquire classmate 90028 in DB red Sir William McAlpine and it went from there.

If it works it works! The most important thing is that sales continue to be positive for Bachmann and indeed other companies to keep investing in models like this. I know people have had issues but my 90 is the best model I currently own and things like working pans are a great step for us in British outline in my opinion. Now to just hope someone gets some Great Eastern EMUs out there.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, cambo74 said:

Even if they announce so me new liveries - will still take another 3 years to appear on the shelves at probably near to £300 !!!

Much cheaper to chat to Jerry or myself for a respray .......

Ben 

Loving the attempt at a blatant plug but don't blame you for trying. Even after postage and commisioning by yourself or others I don't doubt that the price might be the same as the next Bachmann batch which I think will still be next year. Some of the work that I see from those that do resprays (yourself included) is great, but perhaps some noticeable discrepancies like the application of a cantrail stripe might give people pause for concern before parting with their cash and thus wait for Bachmann after all. 

Again however, the point about liveries was jumped on when instead my point was on how Bachmann are putting out releases and not always well judging what people want, or by the level of product they offer - when they could change, release more and get a better and faster return. Which right now would be great for any model company... 

But hey ho... lets all keep going with the livery froth.

Edited by The Black Hat
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
50 minutes ago, The Black Hat said:

Loving the attempt at a blatant plug but don't blame you for trying. Even after postage and commisioning by yourself or others I don't doubt that the price might be the same as the next Bachmann batch which I think will still be next year. Some of the work that I see from those that do resprays (yourself included) is great, but perhaps some noticeable discrepancies like the application of a cantrail stripe might give people pause for concern before parting with their cash and thus wait for Bachmann after all. 

Again however, the point about liveries was jumped on when instead my point was on how Bachmann are putting out releases and not always well judging what people want, or by the level of product they offer - when they could change, release more and get a better and faster return. Which right now would be great for any model company... 

Didn't see it that way and certainly wasn't a blatant attempt at a plug ..... but now you mention it ........

Well cant speak for Jerry but my costing for a respray and providing a donor model would be nowhere near £300 ........

Couldn't agree more that they don't listen to people about liveries ........ love to be a fly on the wall in their marketing meetings .........

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, DBC90024 said:

boys at Bachmann ... it was a turn of phrase, nothing more, see my emoticon/profile mini pic, there will only a few people more buzzing/turned on/ about Bachmann's Class 90 than me !!!

Oh god is RMWeb becoming 'Woke' ........

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, DBC90024 said:

Actually another one with regards to picking models to produce...... the jumper cables on 90037 model - never seen these on any Class 90s - well certainly not those running today ....... but please, I haven't looked at every class 90 so I assume they are correct for some locos but not seen any when researching .....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cambo74 said:

Didn't see it that way and certainly wasn't a blatant attempt at a plug ..... but now you mention it ........

Well cant speak for Jerry but my costing for a respray and providing a donor model would be nowhere near £300 ........

Couldn't agree more that they don't listen to people about liveries ........ love to be a fly on the wall in their marketing meetings .........

Hi Ben, quite agree and as for painting cant rails...52BB4415-8D27-4479-B7C4-3F817827DEF4.jpeg.69fad02587f1c8274a0fac3f87030dbf.jpeg

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, The Black Hat said:

The problem with the above @The Black Hat is that the Class 90 represents only a small margin of the total of all model traction that they currently cater for, and for all those saying where is the next Bachmann 90 ? They are saying, well, we are still trying to deliver a new 158 or a new this or that diesel and also a steam - and also and also and also ... they have to balance out the level of investment in as many segments of the market place as possible. Personally speaking, I'm a bit disappointed we havent seen a DB or EWS Class 90 in the Autumn releases but this is met with a tinge of the above, in a year or so's time, when I am buzzing about the new Bachmann DB Cargo Driver Jack Mills 90036 or the new First Scotrail Class 90021, i will have to spare a thought for the person asking for the GNER livery or the GA livery or the Virgin livery :-) In the meantime if i suddenly find myself being called by Camelot, i'm sure one or two people will indulge me for 90017, 90019, 90021, 90030, 90035, 90036, 90037, 90039 and 90040 as well as three Accurascales 92s, three new tooling Heljan 86's and finally a Cally Sleeper Hornby Class 87 LOL...

• Like 2

I always get the impression the EWS era isn’t that popular right now ( it is for me !), BR blue is , as old farts like me reminisce about being 10, and the modern stuff ( post say 2010 )is because of younger modellers , of which there seems quite a few.

• Funny 1

8 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

I always get the impression the EWS era isn’t that popular right now ( it is for me !), BR blue is , as old farts like me reminisce about being 10, and the modern stuff ( post say 2010 )is because of younger modellers , of which there seems quite a few.

If you’re an old fart at 10 I’m seriously getting on then!  I love the BR blue as it’s my era so to speak but hardly ever get any to do nowadays ( mores the pity!) 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

Watch it - I like BR Blue and im an old Fart (46) ,...... and I reminisce about being 10 ...... oh :wacko:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Squirrel Rail said:

If you’re an old fart at 10 I’m seriously getting on then!  I love the BR blue as it’s my era so to speak but hardly ever get any to do nowadays ( mores the pity!) 

Well @Squirrel Rail, you will, when the new Heljan 86s come out ... wont you ?

Edited by DBC90024
  • Funny 1

Evening all,

Possibly the best looking 90 around and not to work in its current livery. This loco and two others in the same colours were supposed to have gone to Wembley. However. 90026 didn't leave as planned due to paperwork and other issues so it was up to 90020 to lead 82227 and the GC coaches and 90029 at the rear on it's journey to Wembley for warm storage.

20201012085052_IMG_9861.JPG

20201012084519_IMG_9844.JPG

20201012084821_IMG_9855.JPG

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

At the risk of stirring up the great missing liveries debate here's a few to stir the pot:

First up Mainline, nose ends need to be sorted but on the way:IMG_1899.jpg.6c68c944fbad0c9a3693093a4901ba9f.jpg

Freightliner, currently pristine but with no chance of staying like that....

IMG_1898.jpg.dd50828ee4fe1f521956983d5b7265f1.jpg

RFD with large beasties a favourite of mine 036

IMG_18877.jpg.5d9f5bc481c26489bdd23408e042c968.jpg

and lastly another RES on the way....

IMG_18911.jpg.c076cc3026945d98ca3a3a21c7bca25b.jpg

• Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

5 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

Oh,  very nice !

I like mainline but never Saw it action. RFD I have a soft spot for as one of those took me on the FW sleeper out of Euston in 98 ish 

Hi Rob - I was working near Euston in early 90s so used to see them a lot, just looked better than the Intercity IMO!IMG_1902.jpg.f4f14c39cc5f6f226d46e52b01aabecc.jpg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Squirrel Rail said:

RFD with large beasties a favourite of mine 036

IMG_18877.jpg.5d9f5bc481c26489bdd23408e042c968.jpg

My favourite too. I only saw it in the 2000s after the roof & sector logos were very faded.

I was about to strip an old Hornby one for this. I only set up the airbrush once in a blue moon so it takes me a lot longer than you to complete anything.

• Like 1