Bachmann announce Class 90 (OO)

Andy Y

1 hour ago, Squirrel Rail said:

Not much happening on the 90s today but managed to get the yellow warning panels on the mainline and on 036 together with the roof. Both works in progress so more updates to come!

51CC2CA3-CD82-4361-97D8-B72F07A1F820.jpeg

F1F37B5B-6C04-45C1-9121-3D8938E3AF6F.jpeg

Well, that's not strictly true, Malcolm and Bill did their last run on their shift and headed back to base and it turns out that Christine and Jack are getting cosy tonight in Mossend ahead of a turn at the wheel of the liner from tomorrow :-) :-) :-)

Plus DB Blue dragged 67001 and 92042 to Wembley yesterday at some point, sneaky badger (a blue one at that) did so without me catching them, dont they know? they have to pay the identification toll if they are heading through my patch these days ? lol

http://www.wnxx.com/20/2010/131020/90034.htm

On top of that, there is a pretty cool looking EWS Class 90 on ebay at the moment, i cant believe there isnt a feeding frenzy there !!!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Crisis Rail said:

Exceptional.

Some sort of an engine room lube leak through the grille?

Or just general filth - did you reference image?

Ian

Hi Ian, Many thanks for the compliment. The weathering is copied from a couple of pics on Flickr which show the loco approaching and going away - I grabbed screen shots on my phone to work from but haven't got the photographers details so cannot post them  without due credit- a quick google should find them, Cheers Jerry

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

3 hours ago, Squirrel Rail said:

Another gap in the missing liveries filled - 90043 in suitably tatty freightliner..IMG_1963.jpg.d14d8d87a6438c717b9fee43765c7147.jpg

To save bunging up the thread there are other pics on my Squirrel Rail Workbench thread. CheersJerry

Even though I'm not usually a fan of weathered models . . . (I'm a collector who likes clean stuff)

THAT HAS GOT TO BE THE BEST WEATHERING JOB I'VE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink::O

I feel like I'm not expressing myself enough. Hope you understood though? :D

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 3

54 minutes ago, MGR Hooper! said:

Even though I'm not usually a fan of weathered models . . . (I'm a collector who likes clean stuff)

THAT HAS GOT TO BE THE BEST WEATHERING JOB I'VE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink::O

I feel like I'm not expressing myself enough. Hope you understood though? :D

Thank you MGR Hooper for your kind words! It’s funny but I hardly ever get a request for an ex works loco so will make sure I post pics if ever I get one to do;) cheers Jerry

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
20 hours ago, Squirrel Rail said:

Thank you MGR Hooper for your kind words! It’s funny but I hardly ever get a request for an ex works loco so will make sure I post pics if ever I get one to do;) cheers Jerry

i only collect ex-works too,  admittedly I dont make many requests either.
But if you did a few ex-works ones, my eye would definitely be attracted.

That mainline 90 caught my eye.

Edited by adb968008
  • Informative/Useful 1

46 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

i only collect ex-works too,  admittedly I dont make many requests either.
But if you did a few ex-works ones, my eye would definitely be attracted.

That mainline 90 caught my eye.

The Mainline 90 is still in my finishing off pile but I will keep that in mind!!

• Like 2

More modelling inspiration this afternoon in the form of DB 90 duo 90037 in newly liveried db cargo red with gliders and DB cargo red Sir William McAlpine 90028 coming through Stafford. Trust two trainspotters to get in the way lol !!

Note - this is the small logo'd side due to the 90s vents .. watch here for further ..

Edited by DBC90024
  • Like 3

Johnson Street IEMD: Loco fleet Update - 26th October 2020 - Bachmann Class 90 Number four - DB Schenker 90018

I had been thinking that I'd have been leaving this review on here back in September, but my plans regarding the fourth instalment on my DB 90 fleet had been a bit up in the air, anyway, several weeks of plans being changed a bit, initially, it was my intention to do a take on 90030, which is one of the two Long Term storage Class 90s which is expected back into traffic shortly, or at least it was before Covid. It was my plan to do a slightly tweaked livery of EWS just like 90037 used to look, but for 90030 and name it Johnson Street IEMD. Sourcing the decals to do this ended up proving a but frustrating for the main man so we  finally settled on this 90 becoming 90018 in DB Schenker red ''The Pride of Bellshill'' in a mucky tired state. 90018 was the second of the four DB Schenker branded Class 90s, following 90036. and subsequent to this 90029 and 90040. Subsequent to the rebranding of the business into DB Cargo UK from DB Schenker, three of the four 90s lost their Schenker branding, becoming what I call DB minus Schenker livery, one of those, 90029 has recently been reliveried out of DB red, the first 90 to be done so, and reliveried into the unfortunate Grand Central livery, now further more debranded - but for some reason 90018 hasn't - there are still Class 60s, 66s, 67s and 92s wearing Schenker so why not a 90 !!! 90018 has actually found itself in the long term storage pool at Crewe awaiting new wheelsets, having been gone from one of the busiest class members to one of the quietest. 90018 has been transformed brilliantly by Bensresprays @cambo74 thank you...

26_10_20 - Bachmann DB 90018 - 1.jpg

26_10_20 - Bachmann DBS 90018 - close up the side.jpg

26_10_20 - Bachmann DBS 90018 & DBC 90028.jpg

Edited by DBC90024
  • Like 10

8 hours ago, Squirrel Rail said:

Managed to get the final bits done on the mainline 90 today. As yet I have resisted the temptation to weather it but will make a decision Sunday as it will be appearing on a certain auction site on Monday!IMG_2078.jpg.3f712d8c7569b7a499a54471e8a47b12.jpg

IMG_2079.jpg.02996adc57f5714d6ad0d15bcebcfb05.jpg

Looks good as is.... I just did a ViTrains Intercity Class 47 in a gloss finish, absolutely loving it.

7 hours ago, Squirrel Rail said:

Have you posted any pics of it- would like to see it! 

Not yet....will probably post it in the relevant ViTrains Class 47 thread.

I wish ViTrains brought their Class 37 and Class 47 back. IMHO the best ones on the market for their price.

Anyway, back to the Bachmann Class 47 now.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, MGR Hooper! said:

I wish ViTrains brought their Class 37 and Class 47 back. IMHO the best ones on the market for their price.

Anyway, back to the Bachmann Class 47 now.

I wouldn't say that if I were you ... models where you have to DO SOMETHING to complete them - these appear to have many detractors on this forum

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, MGR Hooper! said:

Not quite sure what “their price” would be today. 

Roy

4 hours ago, letterspider said:

By this time next week I hope to see new Class 90 liveries.

Ideally the mundane types !

How so ? you mean those which have been reliveried ? or new forthcoming releases from Bachmann ? their autumn-releases were devoid of any new 90 when they could have seized the day and popped in a one or two easily.