Bachmann announce Narrow Gauge range led by Baldwin 4-6-0T

Andy Y

Finally have got around to fitting Troops to one of my Bachmann D Class Bogie Wagons, and I must say I've over the moon with the result!

It's taken me a far few hours to assemble and paint up the figures (courtesy of Barry of W^D Models), the recent snowy weather certainly helped. :jester:

Now just need to get a few more figures to populate another.

Those pics look great and the figures really add to the wagon. I'm sure will look great when in place on your layout ad well

Stu

Those pics look great and the figures really add to the wagon. I'm sure will look great when in place on your layout ad well

Stu

Thanks ever so much!

Hopefully so. Just need to get started on the second batch now  :jester:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Having  'topped up' with  some  additional 009  rolling  stock  purchases  today   I was  wondering  if  there  is  any  up to  date  information  as to whether  the  Bachmann Baldwin 4-6-0  is  still 'Go  For  Launch'   April-May?

Whilst  writing  just  like  to  mention  that  eBay seller  'a5036'  has   expanded  his  range  of  resin cast 009 accessories  to  include  loads  for  the  Bachmann Bogie  open  wagon  and  also a load  for  another  009 manufacturers L&B open  bogie  wagon

Having  'topped up' with  some  additional 009  rolling  stock  purchases  today   I was  wondering  if  there  is  any  up to  date  information  as to whether  the  Bachmann Baldwin 4-6-0  is  still 'Go  For  Launch'   April-May?

For what it's worth, Antics are showing 29 March for Peggy.

• 2 weeks later...

For what it's worth, Antics are showing 29 March for Peggy.

Well 29th  Tomorrow  the  breath  is  Baited :scratchhead:and  the  fingers  crossed

Mind  you  Antics  are  showing  that  the  'next  warehouse  delivery' of  the  Quarry  Hunslet  is  April 25  ( doesn't  say  what  year  though)

Edited by Stevelewis

Can anyone tell me if this is going to be weathered or not? http://www.Bachmann.co.uk/product/branchline-baldwin-class-10-12-d-542-ww1-rod-black-391-025a/

IIRC correctly this loco worked in India. I do have a potential customer for NG stock based on Indian Railway prototypes. And 778 had a full black livery just like this http://www.irfca.org/gallery/Steam/Survivors/P6282477.JPG.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=1 and we're not a fan of factory weathering.

Can anyone tell me if this is going to be weathered or not? http://www.Bachmann.co.uk/product/branchline-baldwin-class-10-12-d-542-ww1-rod-black-391-025a/

IIRC correctly this loco worked in India. I do have a potential customer for NG stock based on Indian Railway prototypes. And 778 had a full black livery just like this http://www.irfca.org/gallery/Steam/Survivors/P6282477.JPG.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=1 and we're not a fan of factory weathering.

391-025a is not weathered and is a little cheaper than 391-025, which is. Search under 391-025 on the Hatton’s website and both versions will appear.

391-025a is not weathered and is a little cheaper than 391-025, which is. Search under 391-025 on the Hatton’s website and both versions will appear.

Looks like it will have to be 391-025A and then a renumber. Quite annoying this year as whatever I want from Bachmann seems to either have DCC sound installed or like in this case, available but needs to be renumbered. Hope Rails of Sheffield will be removing DCC sound from a few things.

Looks like it will have to be 391-025A and then a renumber. Quite annoying this year as whatever I want from Bachmann seems to either have DCC sound installed or like in this case, available but needs to be renumbered. Hope Rails of Sheffield will be removing DCC sound from a few things.

In case you haven't found the delivery estimated dates, 391-025a is not one of the first batch releases, it is part of the second batch, with an estimate of mid 2019 release. 391-025 should be coming next month.

• RMweb Premium

If you want an Indian Baldwin be aware that those that went to India went through bagnalls works before being sold. They had the extended cab which is the same as that on 590 and Hummy. They wouldn't have had vacuum braking which both models are fitted with so that would need removing. Most Indian locos had further modifications such as extended tanks or modified safety valves too

Such is life for the RTR modeller.....!

A look at the new range of Bachmann 009 Scale Rolling Stock, featuring the WDLR D Class Open & Covered Goods Wagons. These superb wagons wealth of features, including die-cast chassis, fully details bogies, separately fitted brake handles, plus legible builders plates. The Coveried Goods Wagons also feature opening doors, as well as fully detailed interiors, including fields stretchers. Here we see both types of wagons in action on my WW1 Trench Railway, transporting an assortment of loads to and from the front.

Hope you enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQyGCqRUwHw

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold
I noted they say just drop in a next18 sound decoder but haven't noticed the two market leaders ones won't fit as the ESU and Zimo are both too long, just check carefully before buying as you may need to hardwire to get one to fit if you want to use their bigger selection of sound projects ;)