Bachmann announce Narrow Gauge range led by Baldwin 4-6-0T

Andy Y

I would be reluctant to put an entire consignment in one container, or even in the same ship - insurance may pay for losses but not the lost goodwill!

Unfortunely you pay for the container by the area, not part of it, it’s in your interest to fill it.

If we have half a load it’s a small container and a full load fills a large container...

Edited by martin_l_jones

In the Bachmann Colas 70 thread, a member advised that a consignment for Bachmann arrived at Felixstowe, by container, last Friday. Andy Y conirmed this, so probably multiple lots of models that were expected, such as the Baldwins and possibly the Freightliner container flats, are included. Obviously these will need to get to Barwell into warehouse and QC checks, but may not be too long.

Thanks Alex and rembrow.

I have also contacted Hattons where I have a pre-order for both. They have replied saying they are expected in stock any day now.

Cheers

Andy.

• RMweb Gold

Received confirmation today that the models are now at Barwell and are being readied for sending now - estimated despatch to retailers being this week, maybe next. All three 'first batch' variants apparently; 590, Peggy and Hummy. :) HTH

• Like 7

My favourite is certainly "Peggy". I can't wait for mine to arrive. I've made a little layout and a coach kit and one of the weathered wagons is waiting.

Out of interest, the locos were named after children of General Jackson, director then Chairman and Managing Director of the Clay Cross Company. "Peggy" (real names Margaret Beatrice Meinertzhagen Jackson) was his eldest daughter and "Hummy" (real names Henry Humphrey Jackson) was his second son.

Arcadia Models  Shaw  , Tim  has  some of  the  3 recent Baldwin releases still available  at  a  brilliant  price  his  delivery  is  fast  and  the  price  Brilliant

Best  to telephone  01706 882900

He  expects   Saturday  the 7th  to  be  Quiet in the  afternoon!  but  busy in the  morning.

PS  Closed  all day  TUESDAYs

Edited by Stevelewis

I’ve just confirmed my order for no 590 and am looking forward to trying it on my layout. The big question is: will it cope with Peco 12” radius ,points? My Heljan Manning-Wardle consistingly derails on them!

I’ve just confirmed my order for no 590 and am looking forward to trying it on my layout. The big question is: will it cope with Peco 12” radius ,points? My Heljan Manning-Wardle consistingly derails on them!

YES  No  Problem on  the  Baldwin

re  the  MW Check  the   pony  back to  backs  and  remove  the   pony  power  pickups,  which  tend  to inhibit  the  free movement of  the  ponies,,  the  driven wheel base  is  sufficiently adequate  for  power  collection.

Agree with Steve, all three of my Baldwins traverse Peco 12" radius points without trouble.

My Peggy has arrived and is absolutely superb. There are only two (minor) critisisms I have; there are raised rivets over the name, making the suppied etched plate stick out too far, and I feel Bachmann could have made removing the speaker wires from the bunker easier, so the non DCC users can fill the bunker with lead. these are only minor issues, which in no way detract from an excellent loco.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

For info  I was ordering from Tim  at  Arcadia Models Shaw today,  he  advised me  that  he  was  down to his  last 'Peggy' ( the  red  one) and just a  2 or 3 of  the 590  and  Weathered  'Hummy'......when  these are  gone  it  looks  like the  next  batch will be  12 months  away.

Any one interested,  the  price  is right  and telephone ordering  advised   01706882900

• Like 2

The black versions are far more versatile and quite easy to respray to liveries like Peggy. The running is very good, but keep an eye on the minimum radius. Pickups seem good even on the older Peco dead frog points, it sails through the Peco mainline 009 points. Since the L&B supplies dried up from Heljan the 009 layout has been mothballed but with the Bachmann 042 etc from the US range, it can be altered to a less grand size than the L&B and put into use again.

Despite the "fixed" nature of the wheel arrangement, it handles slightly bumpy track quite well although a really high bump or transition from a gradient to level can make the chassis rock on the middle wheels. With a load of coaches the effect is a very slight lurch as it crosses the high spot, so keep transitions smooth.

Crew figures being fitted, cast metal for the weight, and as many small details as possible around the footplate and cab. The coal space needs filling up with lead shot.

The Hunslet etc., when supplied, look even more interesting. Pre-ordered and a second Baldwin on its way. soon. Supplies seem stable at present and the price competitive from most stockists.

Stephen

• RMweb Premium

The running is very good, but keep an eye on the minimum radius.

Last weekend I had one running round a layout with 16cm radius curves. (6 1/4 inches).

• Like 2