Bachmann announce Narrow Gauge range led by Baldwin 4-6-0T

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, Jeff Smith said:

Picture please!

If you mean the 2-6-2 there’s only one someone lifted from Facebook and posted on NGRMonline, easy to find the thread if you sign up, can’t repost here due to copyright and the official announcement is  on Saturday. 

• Like 1

OK, got it, 2 sand domes....  I presume the overall dimensions are very similar to the 4-6-0.  I wonder how one would look against a 7mm 4-6-0?

Edited by Jeff Smith
Added comment
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

This beastie, although there are two very similar Davenport & Vulcan and I struggle to tell them apart. 

This is the HO ish Minitrains one next to the Bachmann 4-6-0 so probably gives a good idea of O vs On30

Bachmann 009 Baldwin

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold
On 08/07/2019 at 15:12, Derails Models said:

Some of the latest batch of OO9 open wagons should be hitting the shelves around now. 

Notext.jpg.c42f87976ff5f3f37c3e0e2f78f07570.jpg

And duly delivered today :) It is nice to have a note saying thanks, just a nice touch. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, PaulRhB said:

The new vans are superb and 24hr delivery from Derails :D thanks chaps 

884FABDD-5082-4657-B046-1731698D26A1.jpeg.2536423b9b1f6d2d7d7109f7e51ec8f1.jpeg

D3CF2356-1DF2-4B59-9AD1-EDB5D68F493F.jpeg.fe4a91ed8e08cf719de84dcc1a2369d9.jpeg

804CB4D9-7C03-4B35-B7E4-C771E05356B3.jpeg.b9b177bd7defd79bf16eeb42c926e778.jpeg

All very picturesque, but hardly representative of the British narrow gauge prototype.

Which national trader was going to pay for their own PO wagons, or to have their livery painted on a tiny company goods wagon, carrying a tiny proportion of their total goods sales?

..... and yes, I am aware of those very few POs who did so; (notably NOT national brands, but local traders).

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Gold

But also what's the harm of a bit of what if? ;) The dairy traffic on the L&M could well have done something similar as a bit of local traffic. It makes a bit more for operations on our modules at a meet but equally we can run totally realistically at home where ops can be minimal. It just adds to the variety.

• Like 3
  • Agree 6

2 hours ago, PaulRhB said:

But also what's the harm of a bit of what if? ;) The dairy traffic on the L&M could well have done something similar as a bit of local traffic. It makes a bit more for operations on our modules at a meet but equally we can run totally realistically at home where ops can be minimal. It just adds to the variety.

No harm whatsoever - so long as future generations are not mislead by present-day RTR.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I don’t think they are selling this as anything but a general model and with the plethora of info available on the UK ng lines and serious replies in prototype topics accurate representation is fairly easy to research.

Equally posing what if part of a large company concern like the SR day’s L&B had extended PO liveried wagons to the NG as a marketing campaign isn’t totally unreasonable. I created a fictional branch of the L&B for my modules to justify extra traffic and some of these rather nice special wagons. I operate sometimes as a totally accurate small branch with one engine in steam, pure L&B stock, and two to three trains in a whole real day and sometimes with a more intensive freelance service for a couple of hours with friends. One friend is far more rigorous in his adherence to prototype modelling at home but also enjoys this while we all know it’s not fully prototypical but just fun to dream sometimes with the rose tinted specs on ;) 

• Like 3
  • Agree 3

On 10/08/2019 at 16:01, cctransuk said:

All very picturesque, but hardly representative of the British narrow gauge prototype.

Which national trader was going to pay for their own PO wagons, or to have their livery painted on a tiny company goods wagon, carrying a tiny proportion of their total goods sales?

..... and yes, I am aware of those very few POs who did so; (notably NOT national brands, but local traders).

Regards,

John Isherwood.

MOY - who were not exactly small in the coal trade . 6-wheel wagons on the Southwold

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Ravenser said:

MOY - who were not exactly small in the coal trade . 6-wheel wagons on the Southwold

Yes, I was aware of them; MOY were based at Colchester - fairly local to Southwold.

PEATE had some on the Welshpool and Llanfair; but, again, a local trader.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

According to the Bachmann Availability page (updated 29 November), the status of the Baldwin locos is as follows:

• 391-025A 542 Railway Operating Division Black £154.95 In Stock
  • 391-028A 'Bridget' Ashover L. R. Black £154.95 In Stock
  • 391-029 Glyn Valley Tramway Lined Black £154.95 Mar-2020
  • 391-030 Tank No. 4 Snailbeach District Rly Black [W] £169.95 Apr-2020
  • 391-031DS 590 Welsh Highland Railway Lined Maroon £244.95 Apr-2020
  • 391-032 E763 'Sid' SR Maunsell Green £154.95 Awaiting
Edited by Paul.Uni
  • Informative/Useful 3

4 minutes ago, friscopete said:

its a huge worry isnt it .

No - it's not; merely an observation.

As a list member, I understand that I am entitled to post my views; (as, apparently, you are entitled to post sarcasm).

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1