Bachmann FFA/FGA early container flats

Andy Y

Anybody else NOT had their pre-order (or delivery notification) of the modern containered ones from Hattons yet ?

I had the same with the TPO POT, ended up cancelling my pre order and switched to MRD, it arrived yesterday.

I don’t have this as gospel truth, so don’t hang me if I am wrong, but I heard it suggested that retailers at Warley may be fulfilled first, to give those attending all an even shot on the weekend.

We tried to get them for Warley, but they were unable to release them for us from the warehouse in time. There is only so much  the Guys can do there in a week! and hats off to them for sorting the amount of new stock coming in, along with getting all the extra orders out for people attending Warley. We took delivery of 10k of stock from them this week, which wasn't "new releases"

Martin.

Only one?

There's a distinct chance an overnight company train of similar vans may have been diverted over the Waverley route, but several hundred pounds for a rake is a bit excessive for a one-off working, so one specimen will have to do, marshalled into a regular parcels rake, as happened later in the vans' lives.....

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Wondered if the Chrysler trains to & from Linwood were similar to the wagon part of these products ?Would be nice to see someone do the containers  if they do match the wagons.We worked them from Nuneaton.Also the Brick liners from Bletchley but again I don't know what differences to wagons there were ?Anyone know?

Has anyone done any real research into Tartan Arrow as all I know is that this company became a wholly owned subsidiary of  BR and that there were sets of Freightliner flats built for their traffic!

Mark Saunders

This thread is very informative; it seems that TA was actually nationalised into NCL by the then Labour government - it was principally a road haulage business that trunked some Anglo-Scottish parcels traffic:

http://www.trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=33343

• RMweb Gold

I’m getting ready to start fitting the details to my sets and I hope someone can tell me roughly what proportion of the flats would have had the splash plates still in place in 1983. The Bachmann paperwork supplied with the wagons claims they kept the splash plates at the outer ends to stop locos getting dirty but photos online clearly show end vehicles without splash plates.

I’m also wondering how many wagons didn’t have the spigots 10’ from the ends, many only seem to have them at the ends and then 20’ from each end, and the central ones.

Thanks in advance

Andi

• RMweb Premium

Apologies if this is mentioned elsewhere, (I can't find it), but are there 2 more red/white liveried inners on the way with different numbers, or do I need to buy 3 of the current ones and renumber 2 of them?

Mike.

No more inners announced so far. You do have a dilemma, though. Buy more now and have all the containers the same size (but perhaps not prototypical), wait and hope the next ‘inner’ release will give a better mix, or buy now (so pay less than for the next batch) and hope Bachmann releases the containers as a separate pack (quite likely, but when...).

• RMweb Gold

No more inners announced so far. You do have a dilemma, though. Buy more now and have all the containers the same size (but perhaps not prototypical), wait and hope the next ‘inner’ release will give a better mix, or buy now (so pay less than for the next batch) and hope Bachmann releases the containers as a separate pack (quite likely, but when...).

, or a further dilemna, carry on building the three Colin Craig set's I'm in the (slow) process of!

The containers aren't initially a particular problem, I can leave gaps, but as you say, it's like playing poker, and I had enough of that with those Accurascale chaps!

Mike.

Has anyone done any real research into Tartan Arrow as all I know is that this company became a wholly owned subsidiary of  BR and that there were sets of Freightliner flats built for their traffic!

Mark Saunders

There were two builds of flats for them, separated by about 4 years. 6 inners and 4 outers were built in 1967, then 2 outers and 10 inners in 1971. They also had some 50' Stanier full-brakes in their livery.

• RMweb Gold

Both the Linwood- Gosford Green and the 'Fletliners' used standard Freightliner flats. The former seems to have used 30' ISO boxes, whilst the latter used 20' mesh-sided open containers.

Thanks for that information I just need someone to do commissions from someone for both then!!

Nice to see that picture coming in useful for someone else   :good:

Here's the full version:

attachicon.gifpeak.jpg

Also now in stock for us:

38-625 FGA https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/153280289656

38-626 FFA https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/163400933275

We have only had part of our delivery of the FFA's, so please bear with us if you can't get what you want.

Our loco 37003 more than earned her keep for Freightliner, and I thought I'd share this "action shot" with you all from one of our recent members magazines.

attachicon.giffl.jpg

Hi, If you are referring to the images supplied from Bachmann which I stitched together, then yes Bachmann images are very useful. Once in stock we update them with our own images. 

Here are our images of the actual models:

post-31247-0-73848000-1543395731_thumb.jpg

post-31247-0-29409800-1543395755_thumb.jpg

https://railsofsheffield.com/groups/2523/new-freightliner-ffa-fga-container-wagons