3D Printed 'OO' Modern Image Lineside Details

WIFI pods for east coast DVTs and MK3s would also be useful but I'm not sure of dimensions or how east the shape would be to recreate

Hi,

I believe that someone (Shawplan?) does already to these as resin castings

Simon

Received my order today for the ticket barriers, fire hydrant signs and stairs.  Really pleased with the quality; I went with the polished finish where available but the non-polished is also good and doesn't need filing down.  When I open this kind of thing, I always forget how small these items will be, even though I've been modelling OO gauge for about 30 years!

I'll add some pictures once they're painted and installed, although they're now added to a long list of things to do!

I like the look of those stand alone phones.  If anyone I know is looking for something to be made that's not available, I'll add a suggestion to this thread.

In case it's of interest, the parcels are sent by UPS with full tracking.  If you aren't at home, they can drop them off at your nearest UPS parcel point, such as a local shop.

• Like 1

I went with the polished finish where available but the non-polished is also good and doesn't need filing down.  When I open this kind of thing, I always forget how small these items will be, even though I've been modelling OO gauge for about 30 years!

I'll add some pictures once they're painted and installed, although they're now added to a long list of things to do!

I like the look of those stand alone phones.  If anyone I know is looking for something to be made that's not available, I'll add a suggestion to this thread.

Hi,

I'm glad you like them. I have the same problems with size, they look huge on my screen when I draw them up, and then I'm a little surprised when they turn up Tiny!

I look forward to see them on the layout :)

Simon

Hi,

I've just had notification that Shapeways has had problems printing my A-03 'Passenger Information Displays' in polished strong and flexible colours, I have had a look at the problem and I think I've rectified it, however I can't upload the new version of the model as I'm away from my Laptop, but this will be done tonight.

If you are the costumer who has been refunded on this model, I apologise for the problems and both Shapeways and I are working together to fix it, which will hopefully be very soon.

Regards,

Simon

Simon - I was about to buy your non-SPT phones on poles, when Shapeways informed me it would cost just as much to ship them, which I find unbelievable. I will wait until there are more things I need, before making the order!

Mike

Hmm, that's weird, I ordered them, on there own, last week and they have been delivered today, so I don't know what they mean by that!

Simon

Hmm, that's weird, I ordered them, on there own, last week and they have been delivered today, so I don't know what they mean by that!

Simon

Perhaps I was not clear - sorry. I meant that the phones cost c.9 euros, but then delivery costs a further 9 euros! So I will wait until I need something else from the same site and order them together, when the delivery cost should be spread between the two or more items? Unfortunately I have already ordered and received all the other things I need from your site so far!

Perhaps I was not clear - sorry. I meant that the phones cost c.9 euros, but then delivery costs a further 9 euros! So I will wait until I need something else from the same site and order them together, when the delivery cost should be spread between the two or more items? Unfortunately I have already ordered and received all the other things I need from your site so far!

Hi,

That's okay, I was speed reading it, so I missed the proper meaning, Yes, unfortunately, the postage cost is out of my control and it is expensive, I can only apologize.

If there's anything else you need, just shout and I'll see what  I can, there's a lot of other models on there (not all Modern Image specific) that are worth a look and can be used on a Modern Image Layout.

By the way, I have uploaded the (hopefully) fixed model of the Passenger Information Displays, so if you want to order these, you shouldn't have any problems. but if you do, you won't loose money and I'll try and fix the problem.

Simon

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Simon, you're right, postage from Shapeways is pretty crazy (I'm in Canada and it comes to me from NY) which means that I am batching up my purchases. I also agree with the size of things - I made and bought some railing posts the other day and realised that 13mm is really quite small! It's very impressive technology, and it'll be great to see how it evolves over the next few years.

• Like 2

Hi,

Today I managed to get the Lineside Telephones Primed and installed on my layout:

post-7271-0-04753900-1422220283_thumb.jpg

Once Primed, they are the right colour and the primer brings out the detail, so the seem between lid and body is visible!

I'll also have some news at some point about a show, so keep an eye out!

Hope that you like these!

Simon

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got round to painting my ticket barriers.  I sprayed them silver and then picked out the barriers and lower portion in grey, with black representing the electronic ticket info panel and ticket slot area, like these: https://flic.kr/p/anK7WG.  The barriers take the paint well and come out looking neat.

The London Underground building is the low relief Bachmann Scenecraft one.  I added a flat back wall to it and then pasted a picture of an escalator to that, so that it sits behind the ticket barriers.  This has come out quite well, as shown in the first picture.

post-17625-0-93425100-1423090703_thumb.jpg

post-17625-0-01142700-1423090711_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

Hi,

Unfortunately, we are still having problems with the Passenger Information Displays and have resulted in another rejection.

To this end, I have withdrawn the model from sale until I have fixed the issue fully.

I apologise to those you have ordered this product and have it rejected, I understand that's frustrating and I'm not happy at the state of this product. Please be patiently as we try and resolve the issues as quickly as we can.

Regards,

Simon Paley

Owner, SJPModels

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I can now report that we have tweaked the model of the Passenger Information displays and it has pasted the processing part of manufacture, therefore it is now on sale in the WSF & BSW as well as polished White.

Also, I have created a set of engineering possession lights, mainly for a SWAG Taunton Module, these are none workings purely for scenic purposes, I'm wandering if there would be demand for those to be put on the market? What do you think?

Simon

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi, I can now report that we have tweaked the model of the Passenger Information displays and it has pasted the processing part of manufacture, therefore it is now on sale in the WSF & BSW as well as polished White. Also, I have created a set of engineering possession lights, mainly for a SWAG Taunton Module, these are none workings purely for scenic purposes, I'm wandering if there would be demand for those to be put on the market? What do you think? Simon

Do you have any pics of the possession lights?

Hi,

I can now report that we have tweaked the model of the Passenger Information displays and it has pasted the processing part of manufacture, therefore it is now on sale in the WSF & BSW as well as polished White.

Also, I have created a set of engineering possession lights, mainly for a SWAG Taunton Module, these are none workings purely for scenic purposes, I'm wandering if there would be demand for those to be put on the market? What do you think?

Simon

I could see that hey would make for an interesting line-side feature, turned off as they would be during the day. I guess is the issue is how to make them vague enough in design so as not to seem too modern! In the 80's, which I model, we basically used strip lights on tripod mounts with metal grid coverings, but I assume you are looking at the systems in current use?

I had the same problem with the non-signal phones and posts you made and I bought, which are of the modern design, but I have found it easy enough to file them back into the narrower, rounder and flatter shape more appropriate for my period.

Do you have any pics of the possession lights?

Hi,

Here they are, rendered in Frosted Ultra Detail:

post-7271-0-92762600-1424986385.jpg

They are around 6ft tall, but not passed on any specific prototype.

I could see that hey would make for an interesting line-side feature, turned off as they would be during the day. I guess is the issue is how to make them vague enough in design so as not to seem too modern! In the 80's, which I model, we basically used strip lights on tripod mounts with metal grid coverings, but I assume you are looking at the systems in current use?

I had the same problem with the non-signal phones and posts you made and I bought, which are of the modern design, but I have found it easy enough to file them back into the narrower, rounder and flatter shape more appropriate for my period.

I've very rarely seen it modelled, but you do need it just right to make a good model, but it's do-able. If you want I can look at doing the tripod versions.

I didn't really think that there has been much change in SPT Shapes!

Simon

Hi,

attachicon.gif625x465_3168912_9231747_1424986288.jpg

I've very rarely seen it modelled, but you do need it just right to make a good model, but it's do-able. If you want I can look at doing the tripod versions.

Simon

Thanks Simon

The key difference with the lights in the 80's was that the strip lights were mounted parallel and horizontal to the track. The modern equivalents give much better illumination than they did!

Yes, SPT phones were mostly mounted in smaller, rounded-edge, oblong boxes with flat faces in them there days.

Mike

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi,

attachicon.gif625x465_3168912_9231747_1424986288.jpg

Simon

Many changes over the years in SPT shapes Simon - especially once you start taking account of the original Regional differences in design of the 'phone cabinets and then the changes to them (e.g the WR type used n the mid-late 1950s was replaced by a new, smaller, style c1960 which has given way to at least two different types since then.