Agenoria WR 1366 Pannier for Pencarrow Bridge

2ManySpams

• RMweb Gold

That's so true. Our first grand-child, who is now 9 months old and was born and lives in the USA,  visited us last month. He was captivated by my sound-fitted 0 gauge locos and went home with an Ixion Fowler 0-4-0 diesel complete with nameplates bearing his name courtesy of Narrow Planet.

A fortunate choice of Grandfather!

Don

• RMweb Premium

Good grief! I go on holiday for a week (deep in GWR country) and there are over 100 posts to catch up on. Looking good Chris. All the problems and personal amendments (the cab) reveal that you are thinking about what you are doing, even if you back track occasionally.

Remember, LSWR bunkers are simpler!

I hope you had a good holiday Paul. Yes, it's been reasonably busy on here although I'm not sure progress has been made!

I hope the O2 will be easier but suspect it will have its own surprises.

Window bars.  Take block of hardish wood (or plastic or steel or...) - drill holes along a line at a suitable angle from the edge of the wood so that all the necessary lengths are available, place wire in hole, bend, repeat bend over edge of block.snip, repeat, etc.

Place all bars through holes, use business card or something similar to make sure they are all the same distance back from the panel, solder the lot in one go.  snip and file off the excess on the inside.

'bout 15 minutes on a good day... :)

• RMweb Premium

Window bars. Take block of hardish wood (or plastic or steel or...) - drill holes along a line at a suitable angle from the edge of the wood so that all the necessary lengths are available, place wire in hole, bend, repeat bend over edge of block.snip, repeat, etc.

Place all bars through holes, use business card or something similar to make sure they are all the same distance back from the panel, solder the lot in one go. snip and file off the excess on the inside.

'bout 15 minutes on a good day... :)

Now you tell me! ;-p Worth knowing for the next time though.

Coming along nicely young spams. :imsohappy: Still think it should be painted green.

Thanks but nope, it will be BLACK!

• RMweb Premium

OK, the slower but still got there in the end route taken to doing the window bars was as follows:

Bend put in the end of the wire

post-6675-0-09465200-1411302541.jpg

I then dug out from the 4mm brass coach kit parts box a useful jig from Bill Bedford. I almost forgot I had it. This makes repeat bends easier once you work out which holes to use.

post-6675-0-68355700-1411302718.jpg

Make second bend.

post-6675-0-37468600-1411302806.jpg

Offer bent wire into location and snip off at the rear.

post-6675-0-95622800-1411303071.jpg

• Like 7

OK, the slower but still got there in the end route taken to doing the window bars was as follows:

Bend put in the end of the wire

attachicon.gifrps20140921_131001.jpg

I then dug out from the 4mm brass coach kit parts box a useful jig from Bill Bedford. I almost forgot I had it. This makes repeat bends easier once you work out which holes to use.

attachicon.gifrps20140921_131031.jpg

Make second bend.

attachicon.gifrps20140921_131055.jpg

You're welcome to that job.....

• RMweb Premium

To make putting the bars in place easier and to stop them going awol a strip of double sided sticky tape was fitted on some card.

The idea was to solder them all in place in a single hit. Here's the first few:

post-6675-0-62319500-1411303138.jpg

And a while later all in place:

post-6675-0-54328500-1411302957.jpg

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

The kit contains etched and holed strips that fit inside the cab over the bar ends.

post-6675-0-42561900-1411303325.jpg

These have to be cut to fit the two longer end pairs of bars. Takes a while to get all the bar ends in the holes...

post-6675-0-92950100-1411303429.jpg

Then the next set and some solder.

post-6675-0-29206500-1411303477.jpg

All very enjoyable!

• Like 7

Chris

Nice work on the window bars, now you need to bend a few to look like the real thing! (Only joking) On a more serious note, I see that you have put the sandbox filler lids on the shelf at the rear of the cab, as the instructions tell you. However, I think that they were actually situated on the cab floor directly above the sandboxes themselves. There are plenty of photos in the Pannier Papers book that I have seen lurking in the background of some of your photos that show what I mean. See what you think. I would love to access the real 1369 to investigate further. Anyone else out there have any ideas on the subject? Apologies for throwing a potential (minor) spanner in your works.

Jeff 

The kit contains etched and holed strips that fit inside the cab over the bar ends.

attachicon.gifrps20140921_131234.jpg

These have to be cut to fit the two longer end pairs of bars. Takes a while to get all the bar ends in the holes...

attachicon.gifrps20140921_131310.jpg

Then the next set and some solder.

attachicon.gifrps20140921_131348.jpg

All very enjoyable!

You don't have this trouble on  the BWT and only seen a couple of O2's with them.

• RMweb Gold

Chris

Nice work on the window bars, now you need to bend a few to look like the real thing! (Only joking) On a more serious note, I see that you have put the sandbox filler lids on the shelf at the rear of the cab, as the instructions tell you. However, I think that they were actually situated on the cab floor directly above the sandboxes themselves. There are plenty of photos in the Pannier Papers book that I have seen lurking in the background of some of your photos that show what I mean. See what you think. I would love to access the real 1369 to investigate further. Anyone else out there have any ideas on the subject? Apologies for throwing a potential (minor) spanner in your works.

Jeff 

Like this

post-6859-0-21272900-1411316805_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

No better books that I've got, but I did see a pamphlet type book in a second-hand shop in Truro.

There are several ( well used) photos in several bookscabout steam in Cornwall, plus I have some copies of some of Clive Benney's snaps of the line.

Yep, with incontrovertible evidence of dodgy kit design, mine'll have to come to bits.... Not!

Maybe I'll fit cab doors...

post-20369-0-50211600-1411319365_thumb.jpg

And one day I'll get round to fitting the vac pump...

And repairing the upper lamp bracket...

Edited by Simond