Kernow Beattie Well Tank Announcement

Andy Y

ETA Southampton 8 hours. About 03.30 tomorrow morning. Any one up for an early start?

I wonder if the anoraks will be there to watch the container off the ship - just like they do when new 66's arrive?

Stewart

Edit: I've just zoomed in on the pic of the ship - some scrout with aerosols has graffitied Dave's container so that it is now blue like the others!

Edited by stewartingram

• RMweb Gold

Currently more or less due south of Plymouth and a bit south of west from Guernsey, making 11.7 11.6 knots so I can't see it making the original booked 02.00 arrival at So'ton  But I reckon the ship must be not far past the closest it is likely to have been to KMRC's shop!!! 

Dave

You could install a tracking chip in the next delivery so we can all follow the voyage in real time.

Bernad

Provided the container stays on the same ship it's easy to follow as long as you know the name of the ship and it isn't in an AIS dead area (but I'm not sure if you can get all the detail if you aren't signed up to a marine traffic website).

• Like 1

The time as shown on Marine Traffic will be the time taken from the onboard AIS signal, that itself is a manual input from onboard. I suspect she may well run up and anchor off the Nab Tower until her pilot boarding time as berth congestion in Southampton is a constant and somewhat unpredictable problem, hence why ABP want to expand into Dibden Bay.

• RMweb Gold

Currently more or less due south of Ventnor and still in the separation lane but on the northern edge of the eastbound lane so presumably getting ready to turn when westbound traffic allows.  AIS still shows 14.00 ETA for Southampton and there are currently a couple of empty berths on the container terminal - if they're big enough?

• RMweb Gold

Somewhere backalong I seem to remember Dave saying he would be personally testing every single loco before sending them out.

I'm not sure if these BWTs fall into that category, but if so he'd best get down to Camborne dreckly.

Somewhere backalong I seem to remember Dave saying he would be personally testing every single loco before sending them out.

I'm not sure if these BWTs fall into that category, but if so he'd best get down to Camborne dreckly.

Yup,

I'll be in Camborne to unload them, then test each one before dispatch.

I'm also doing around 100 DCC decoder fittings on them too.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 4

Yup,

I'll be in Camborne to unload them, then test each one before dispatch.

I'm also doing around 100 DCC decoder fittings on them too.

Cheers

Dave

Can you add sound to mine while you are at it please? Edited by JSpencer

Can you add sound to mine while you are at it please?

Olivia's did the last sound BWT's for Kernow.  Mine stopped working about a month out of the box. Decoder may have failed also/too. Nice paperweight now.

Olivia's did the last sound BWT's for Kernow.  Mine stopped working about a month out of the box. Decoder may have failed also/too. Nice paperweight now.

It is a right cow to fit that sound chip and get the loco to sit squarely. I still have not succeeded.

5 days and all is quiet...

Is it stuck on the M25 ?

up in my loft I have a China Clay freight delayed awaiting a loco.

I would say that until we hear otherwise to assume they are sitting on the dockside waiting for HM Revenue & Customs to get round to them.....

Les

Hi everyone,

They are scheduled to arrive at Kernow's premises on Monday of next week at around 09.30

The delay was to enable me to get down there and check each model, as I've had a couple of meetings this week to go to.

The only hold up was me, sorry.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 3