Unidentified Location and/or Loco/Date - Modified Hall 7915 Added 26 September

• RMweb Gold

The lower one was a light on the walking route marking the start of a walking route and the upper one is outside the railway boundary.

The walking route was from the station to the diesel depot and the lights would go out for trains going in or out of the old platforms 1 and 2. If I remember correctly, when a route was set out of the station, the walking route lights would go out straightaway but there would be a short delay before the signal cleared to allow anyone on the walking route time to find a refuge point on the Caversham Road bridge.

• Like 1

Sorry I missed Stationmaster's comment.  I do find your second sentence a little curt, I was just looking for clues in the picture as to location and I thought I could see marker lights from headcodes of a small diesel so putting that into context with an unnamed 50 I made a suggestion it might be north of Carlisle.

I guessed the first location was Eastleigh but you get no points for guessing after someone else posts photographic evidence. :)

Sorry.

I do curt without realising. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi

I have been cataloguing some of my early slides, some of which I don't know/remember the location where they were taken as I have misplaced my notes.

Here is a photo of 30499 being towed through a station in June 1966, and as I found out later, on its way to Woodham's at Barry. Can anyone identify the station it is taken at?

attachicon.gif30499_480.jpg

Hello, I am chairman of the Urie Loco Society and am very interested in this photo of our engine 30499. I wondered if I could get a copy for our records please?

• 5 years later...
  • The Border Reiver changed the title to Unidentified Location and/or Loco/Date - More Added 20 March 2021

61008 at Carstairs, at one time a Leicester Central loco, I have a painting on the wall of it at Nottingham Victoria. I'm also involved in the group which exhibited the Carstairs layout, although that was set in blue electric days, so I recognised the footbridge immediately.

• 2 months later...

Here is a photo of Black 5 44713 at an unidentified shed. It has a 10D Lostock Hall shed plate and was reallocated there on 24 June 1967, so the photo must have been taken after that date. I am trying to identify the shed where it is. I'm sure I have seen photos with the same screens and gantries that can be seen in the background. There can't be many steam sheds still open after June 1967. Any ideas anyone?

44713.jpg.32349c5884e0323af9b34ff9bf955fc8.jpg

• The Border Reiver changed the title to Unidentified Location and/or Loco/Date - More Added

I took this photo of an unidentified class 47 on a pullman train passing through Trowbridge, heading for Westbury. The last photos on the film roll were taken at Crewe Basford Hall Open Day on 27 August 1995 so it must have been taken some time before that date. Can any class 47 experts identify the loco and possible the date? I have looked on Six Bells Junction without success.

BR404_05_20181120_0005_1200.jpg.a95c4fa38f773d30ab3e8344fc6b608c.jpg

• RMweb Gold

As to the working, it looks like the VSOE stock which worked regularly to Folkestone and Southampton, but also to other places. There was a period in 1995 when steam locos could not be used for risk of lineside fires; this may be one of the occasions or perhaps it is just a positioning move. I don't think those are heads out of the window in the 4th coach, but then that probably wasn't what the Pullman clientale would want to do....

While on a RailRover in August 1965 I took a photo of this coach W80969W in a bay at an unknown station.

After using Google I found this: 80969 is one of six 52ft inspection saloons (INSP) built at Swindon as lot number 1701 to diagram Q13. It was ordered under FW Hawksworth’s tenure as GWR CME, although it has little visual similarity to his other carriage designs.

Can anyone identify the station where I took the photo? I tried to Google "Bracey's Furnishers" without success. The photos on the film roll before this were taken at Cardiff East Dock shed and those after taken from the train passing Hayes Scrap Yard Bridgend although I was jumping about South Wales on that day

RRC4_21_20170201_0022_1200.jpg.0bf9be0a3e7e340c3681c9ad10129be0.jpg

• Like 2