Luke Piewalker

Class 87/2 in Br Blue

Hi Chaps.

As I had a spare class 90 body sitting around and having read a piece about the genesis of the 90 on that there internet, I decided to go for a bit of a fantasy job...

14443386908_69cc65e431_c.jpg

14627882394_822f0dfc8e_c.jpg

14649918323_92b3fbbe56_c.jpg

Wasn't sure which section to put it in, so apologies if it would have been betterer elsewhere.

:locomotive:

• Like 4

Very nice!! Like the "Fictitious Liveries" website, it's interesting to see what 'Post-BR' locos look like in BR Blue, which I contend was - far from being 'boring' - actually a very smart livery, especially Ex-works. :)

Wonder if it would look better if the yellow around the cab door windows was blue instead??? An easy try.

Also thinning the orange stripe would improve the look for sure. Not as easy.

Plenty of classes had the yellow wrap around the side windows. Leave it just the way it is. ;)

Yeah do as he tells you and leave it as it is! My comment was a mere suggestion and you have no mind of your own ;)

Edited by ThaneofFife

Yeah, the orange stripe came out a bit thicker than I intended.

I did spend a bit of time contemplating the various options for the yellow end and I can't remember why I went with the full 'window wrap'

I was tempted to do something HSTish with the yellow wrapping round below the windows with a slanted end echoing the slope of the nose behind the door but decided the possibility of making it horrendous was a real danger...

• Like 1