'Linden Ford' A Second Hand Inglenook Layout...

gazmanjack

Hi Garry,

If there was more exhibitors like yourself at Liverpool today, willing and happy to engage the public I reckon the hobby would be more popular. Anyways It was great to see your layout, was my favourite of the show.
You've inspired me to get up & build something rather than just thinking & planning.

Cheers Rob

Hi Garry,

If there was more exhibitors like yourself at Liverpool today, willing and happy to engage the public I reckon the hobby would be more popular. Anyways It was great to see your layout, was my favourite of the show.

You've inspired me to get up & build something rather than just thinking & planning.

Cheers Rob

Thankyou very much for the kind words Rob, very much appreciated. I'm happy to know that I have inspired you and I'll be looking foward to seeing what you have planned. There is no stopping you now ! :no:

Regards, Gary.

Garry certainly was flooded on the weekend! Always having someone visiting, but having a smile on his face and answering almost any question thrown at him.

Sadly, a lot of other layouts there this year lacked that. Not all, but a majority

Thank you Chris,

I just wish I had the extra bit of time to get out and photograph your layout and a few others. As for little fingers, I had a few young ones who thought they were driving 'The Flyer' on 4 feet of track. :rolleyes:  Regardless, it was good to see the children and some adults (I might add), leave the stand with a smile on their face.

Thank you Zane.

It was a very busy weekend as you and Chris have eluded to. I'd have to say that Saturday was the busiest I have ever seen the exhibition in the last 5-6 years of me attending as a spectator. As Rob and you have also pointed out, unfortunately some of the exhibitors treat the exhibition as a social event. :nono:

Cheers, Gary.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I know I haven't posted lately, but in early March, Linden Ford was exhibited at the Forestville Exhibition, run by the North Shore Railway Modellers Association.Here is a video SMR Chris put together of the weekend. I'm sure SMR Chris has posted this elsewhere on the forum, so if you have seen it before, enjoy it again !

Cheers, Gary.

• 6 months later...

It has been a while since I looked back at this thread and I noted that I made a mention of the new plank layout I was building back in post #58. If you are interested, you can view it here : http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/114154-industry-lane/

Although the layout is now complete (well more could be added !), I apologise for not starting a thread earlier. :umbrage:

Cheers, Gary.

Archived