Railex 2015 23rd & 24th May 2015

David Bigcheeseplant

I have not mentioned it before but we have a section devoted to 3mm modelling to celebrate the 50th birthday of the 3mm Society.  We have four layouts in this scale Ballyconnel Road, Whatlington, Portsea and Addison Park the last two layouts are new to the exhibition circuit so it will be unlikely that most people would have seen them before.

David

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

We have setup a competition in conjunction with UK Model Shops, for a chance for you to win one of four adult tickets to Railex.

The preview for this can be seen on their website below:

http://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/

You will be able to enter the competition from this coming Saturday!  

Thanks

SEEYA
ANT

This year our club stand this year will focus on the layouts the R&D MRC are involved with:

In 7mm Okehampton, 4mm P4 Aylesbury Town (Joint), and 4mm EM Aylesbury (High Street) we will have various models from each prototype plus prototype information. We thought it would be better to focus on what we are doing rather than have random displays of members models. The stand will be a walk in arrangement and hopefully be presented in a creative way

David

• 2 weeks later...

Only a few weeks to go, it seems to come round quicker each year. and I am already working on new ideas for 2016!

The info is on our website but there are lockers down the side corridor where rucksacks and other bits and pieces can be left for a £1 returnable deposit.

We have our Saturday opening time as 10.30 but may bring it forward slightly for next year. The problem is those layouts turning up on Saturday morning need time to set up, although more now tend to arrive on Friday.

Are there any improvements we can make at Railex or things people would like to see. We have made changes in the last eleven years but have always tried to make sure Railex is a quality show for modellers.

David

We hope to finalize the vintage bus timetable shortly to ensure it fits in with the arrival and departure of trains. but there will be buses more or less every half hour on the Saturday.

Both Barbra and Viki part of the bus team will have matching dresses this year and will be selling tickets for Railex and programmes on the bus.

David

Hello

Just to remind you all that the competition closes this Saturday that we have setup in conjunction with UK Model Shops, for a chance for you to win one of four adult tickets to Railex.

If you would like to enter click on the link below:

http://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/

Thanks

SEEYA
ANT

I think I say this each year but, the amount of email or phone calls I get from traders asking if they can be squeezed in to Railex just a few weeks before the show amazes me. Trade space was all booked last year, I could fill the trade space twice over. the floor plan was done early in the year and programmes have been printed.

We had our final pre exhibition meeting with the stadium last night and other than a few last minute things we are good to go.

David  

Following the meeting with the stadium, after 2018 there maybe some redevelopments at the stadium. the old bowls club building at the side of the hall we use will be rebuilt to a new hall half the size of the hall we currently use so we could increase the size of Railex by 50%!

I am not too sure if we could increase Railex if it would be good idea or not, I have always felt the current size is about right, anyway that's the future. In two weeks time it will be Railex weekend.

David  

• RMweb Gold

Just a week to go now and as usual we are really looking forward to it. This year John Greenwood and I will be offering the John and Jerry micro layout show - two achievable, finescale micro layouts with attached demo.

John is bringing St Blazey which as well as providing the loco facilities on his North Cornwall opus (see MRJ 235) is also a layout in its own right. This is a rare opportunity to chat with John and examine some of his exquisite scratch built locos at close quarters. I will have William Smith's Wharf, the latest, and smallest section of my fictional North Somerset Light Railway.

Both layouts are presented as works in progress but are fully operational and will be accompanied by a demo covering all aspects of the projects from historical research through planning, scenery, buildings, stock and locos. A usual if you have a 2mm loco you have been working on that you would like to give a run bring it along, John will be DCC, I will be DC.

The picture below shows the Wharf as of yesterday with the back scene in its early stages - there will be another weeks progress before Aylesbury. Follow the links in my signature for more pictures of John's North Cornwall empire and the Wharf in my Tucking Mill thread.

post-1074-0-28416100-1431675875_thumb.jpg

Jerry

Only a few days to go till the Railex weekend. 

Our stadium bus shop maybe in a slightly different place this year as the council have placed yellow lines where we normally stop so we may have to relocate to the bus stop by the shops, but we will have our Railex bus stop sign to make it clear. While I was selling books at EXPO EM this weekend Viki my other half was cleaning the Railex bus and even took it for a drive around the site it is kept!

Also Wild Swan Books now take credit cards!

David

Hello

I have uploaded the Railex 2015 Bus Timetable in pdf format to the Railex website.

www.railex.org.uk

Or you can download from the link below

Railex 2015 Bus Timetable v4A All.pdf

The timetable takes into account the League 2 Play-off Final (Come on Wycombe) on Saturday at Wembley Stadium. The Closure of the Line between Beaconsfield and Princes Risborough on the Sunday until 1230, and the League 1 Play-off Final also on Sunday at Wembley Stadium.

Thanks

SEEYA
ANT

... The timetable takes into account the League 2 Play-off Final (Come on Wycombe) on Saturday at Wembley Stadium. The Closure of the Line between Beaconsfield and Princes Risborough on the Sunday until 1230, and the League 1 Play-off Final also on Sunday at Wembley Stadium

Or you can go by car and miss all the crap!

Regards

A little plug for Wild Swan Books, not only do they now take credit cards!!!!!!!!!! Butt there will be a few Railex show deals like both volumes of the Watlington branch for £40, both volumes of LMS lineside for £20 there are other offers but I can't be sure what they are at the moment but go and have a look at the stand

David

Hello

To wet your appetite, here is the front cover to the Railex 2015 Programme; this year we have gone full colour throughout, so adverts and trackplans that have been received in colour are in colour, every layout has a trackplan.

post-7053-0-61405200-1432135083_thumb.jpg

Thanks

SEEYA
ANT

A reminder that there are lockers down the corridor where bags and rucksacks can be left for a £1 refundable deposit.

We also have steps ups and periscopes which can be obtained from the Railex info point stand No. 1 on the left as you enter the hall, this is also the place where we can answer most questions about the show including bus times, how do I get to the balcony, where are the toilets etc!

David

Archived