Bachmann BG to non-common user NCX

Ressaldar

I recently acquired an untouched Bachmann BG fitted with Commonwealth bogies. During my research, I found pictures of 95211 labelled 'Not in common use - SR internal services only', from both ends and taken at roughly the same period of time at different location and then found another photo of it, this time taken at Worcester!

Conversion work was fairly minimal and straight forward - removal of periscopes, end steps to high level together with reducing the length of the handrail, bolts in the footstep holes, security bars to fixed windows, remove one low level step and insert a 'socket', reverse the low level step at the other end, fit ETH (JLTRT), air brake pipes and vacuum brake pipe. 

The chassis was painted with Halford's Satin Black, the roof with 'Grey No2' from the local motor accessory shop, body is JLTRT Rail Blue, chassis was then airbrushed with Railmatch Frame Dirt with some deliberate overspray to the lower body panels, the roof also had a soft spray of frame dirt, finally, the bogies and certain underframe areas received some Hobby Holidays weathering enamels applied with a fine brush. Transfers are from John Peck at Precision Labels.

Although the guard's area was removed from these NCX vehicles, the word Guard was still applied to the door? I left the 'as fitted' partitions insitu to give the body support when handled.

All in all, an enjoyable 'conversion'.

This is now for sale, full details in the 'Classifieds' section.

cheers

Mike

post-6951-0-31297900-1405762538.jpg

post-6951-0-84849200-1405762540.jpg

post-6951-0-78375100-1405762542.jpg

post-6951-0-29555200-1405762545.jpg

Archived