Vopak Chemical Complex, Barry docks terminal.

naturol

Well done mate as usual the layout looks great and as per your usual approach very original .

A worthy winner .....congrats.

Hope some of my treatment helped,see you soon

BrianT

Cheers bri,

yes the stock weathering was a regular topic of conversation, your skills were mentioned to a number of modellers.

And for any readers of the thread this is the man to thank, and approach, all the wagon stock, and containers received his grubby attention.

Well done mate as usual the layout looks great and as per your usual approach very original .

A worthy winner .....congrats.

Hope some of my treatment helped,see you soon

BrianT

Brian - there's a (nasty) rumour circulating that you and I may get an invite one evening, to an operating session.

But we have to go within the next twelve months, and we have to nod enthusiastically and stare open mouthed at the shield on Paul's mantlepiece !

The other Brian.

I bet Liz never expected to find herself on an internet website - well not RMweb !!!

post-1599-0-65476200-1445808203_thumb.jpg

post-1599-0-84994200-1445808218_thumb.jpg

post-1599-0-33844300-1445808232_thumb.jpg

Edited by br2975
  • Like 7

Congratulations on winning, makes all the time and effort building the layout worthwhile ! Look forward to seeing the layout at Cardiff in January myself , all de best baz

Now where did I put that 80mm pipe!

Expect some comments at our little gathering, plenty of punters at the show showed an interest in coming,

Bigged up your layout. And expect some to ask for your cast offs too.

23rd January. 2016

The small layout show.

The scout complex.

Fields park road.

Pontcanna

Cardiff.

Promoted by Lord and Butle.

• RMweb Gold

It was good to see this for real at Taunton, thanks for taking the time to talk & show the Trackmobile. It must be very difficult talking & operating at the same time but you seemed to manage with enthusiasm! Well deserved the award too; "Vopak" "Creedyford" and "Acacia Avenue" were the 3 that attracted my attention most.

Edited by Ramblin Rich

• RMweb Gold

Paul, great to have our brief chat over the weekend.

Superb layout, but didn't really get enough time to study as closely as is would have liked. Will need to make sure I leave enough time when we come up to Stafford in February!

The Taunton show have now updated their website with a review of this great event.

Follow the link and be encouraged to try and attend next year, a cracking show.

http://www.somersetrmc.org.uk/Rail-EX/Review.htm

The layout is now being serviced ready for its next outing, found some merit traffic cones, and additional Kadees, so a few hours of TLC later.

Sourced more ply, so time to start planning what I'm gonna build next.

Tunnel, concrete ring plant, a re make of castle works,

Additional board for Vopak with a loop,

• Like 2

Well at least you don't have them looking over your shoulder all the time now. Are pics of the chemical plant still restricted?

On my part, yes, I won't be sharing any information or pictures gleaned during my research into building the layout.

But a simple search on the Internet produces plenty of results.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Been adding more bits and bobs of detail over Christmas, had another invite, this time to the swansea show this October.

Visited the Cogan leisure centre swap meet yesterday, picked up this part built kit with all the rest still in box.

Cracking model of an essential vehicle down at Dow.

Someone has already started scratch building 4mm cabs. £5.00. Happy days.

post-9901-0-30351400-1452453422.jpg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Paul.

Great to speak to you today and see the layout in the flesh at Stafford. It's even more special in real life, the level of detailing is amazing. It was one of the only layouts I was allowed to look at for more than 30 seconds before my 5 year old got bored!

Hope the rest of the show goes well.

• Like 1