Thomas The Tank Engine

DCC Sound & Smoke Fitted

Part 2 Assembly & Testing

So After my laptop has charged up again :laugh_mini2:

Once the generator was dry the main bodywork was placed back onto the main chassis and I may say a touch of paint goes a long way to looking bit more like Thomas

Wiring is something I'm not a fan but I'll give it a go, first thing was to cut the pin connector off for soldering straight to the major components

I had to google which wires went to which, I did have a sheet somewhere but lost it

Strange thing is someone has wired the generator to the lights but after reading the instructions the Brown wire and the blue wire is the correct way after tweaking with the Cv'S (still haven't got that right yet)

Once everything was wired I tested to make sure everything was workinng

Putting back together was tricky though, where the wires are connected to the motor were just touching the top of the boiler casing so a bit of persuasion was needed for it to clip back together

The cab clips in too so slipping it back into the main casing was easy

One thing I did forget was I wanted to add kadee couplers to Thomas so he had to come apart again for them to  work... make a note plan a project properly before starting or make a list in the correct order

Overall a process I did enjoy doing I do think plenty of people had tried so it's nothing new but will add something new to the layout

I did the loco Percy too now that was a lot harder than I thought I'll add the video of that here too for a look

20200616_112253.jpg

20200616_114859.jpg

20200616_122121.jpg

20200616_125401.jpg

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

Merry Christmas from us at Entering the Yard

Next year with any luck we can all get back to normal but with York already cancelled it may be a While before normal comes into effect

Shows wise not a clue theres been no contact and with some shows already cancelled I'm looking at Bridlington for 2021 for the first show 

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

• 5 months later...

I haven't posted Here for a while but to be honest with the current pandemic situation there is really nothing to report of progress on the layout

Having said that there is debate of weather the small show at Scarborough will go ahead in August though I'm thinking it may not

I do post on the Facebook page now and again so if any updates I will post on there

Hopefully we can all get back to some form of normality soon

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Oh god it's been a while since I posted here but here goes

This year Entering the Yard will be attending Model Railway Show Howden Saturday/Sunday 25th-26th March 2023,Howden school DN14 7AL

And a jewel in the crown for me Warley Model Railway Show Saturday/Sunday 25th-26th November 2023 NEC Birmingham B40 1NT

I post more regularly on my Facebook page if you want to look me up

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Been awhile since I posted on here so here goes

Entering the Yard is heading to Warley Model railway show this weekend (25th & 26th November 2023)

If you want to see the layout I'm stand D20, don't be shy say Hi, I don't bit lol

If I'm honest I'm a little nervous n excited, Hoping all will go well

31950423_185922048726131_2001423221991145472_n.jpg

Layoutplan.jpg

Poster.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, shaunthesheep277 said:

If you want to see the layout I'm stand D20, don't be shy say Hi, I don't bit lol

Poor you - I’ll be with Newhaven Harbour for part of Sat and they’re D19 I think!

See you there.

Paul.

• Friendly/supportive 1