I would like to say this year I'm going to Warley National Model Railway Exhibition, first time ever

Advance tickets now getting, B&B booked, money to get toghter but I'm going to love it all

Don't really know what to expect (well I do if it's like any other exhibition but bigger!) getting excited now I'll stop typing

can't wait now

• RMweb Gold

I would like to say this year I'm going to Warley National Model Railway Exhibition, first time ever

Advance tickets now getting, B&B booked, money to get toghter but I'm going to love it all

Don't really know what to expect (well I do if it's like any other exhibition but bigger!) getting excited now I'll stop typing

can't wait now

I'll be there with Orchard Road. Please introduce yourself (I'll be wearing a blue tee shirt with Orchard Road TMD printed) and welcome to have ago operating, or just chatting!

• Like 1

Day off work tomorrow (yeah sleep in) then all fun at the weekend, the local model railway society starts 10am sharp

Now I'm not planning to spend any money but then again do pigs fly?

For all of you this is the 35th Hull Model Railway Exhibition and I've never missed one yet since I started the hobby

Looking forward to it

• Like 1

Well I didn't buy a great deal a few bits n bobs, some lifting jacks for storage with the rest of bits n buildings that I could make a TMD with, bit like Meadow Lane

More 3 link couplings which most of my stock has been done into now

and I liked this a Dapol JIA NACCO China Clay Wagon Imerys, looked the part saw it, liked it, bought it

post-23271-0-48712900-1415643127.png

Looking forward to NEC yeah can't wait

• Like 1

Again another weekend of painting and weathering, this time my wagon loads I bought ages ago

Thought why not keeps me going, also the layout is back on the wardrobe for now but will be back out soon, keep on top of cleaning the track will get round to doing a dummy run when my stock and loco's come back

post-23271-0-88109800-1415899964_thumb.jpg

post-23271-0-56235600-1415899999_thumb.jpg

post-23271-0-42257500-1415900033_thumb.jpg

post-23271-0-32615400-1415900063_thumb.jpg

Is it Warley yet? Hurry up can't wait

• 2 weeks later...

With a lazy day today I started to think of my next project if I ever decided to try something new, maybe a small depot area with a small station combined

With that in mind I took some time to mess around on the anyrail software, didn't think I could do anything with the idea and I soon came up with this

post-23271-0-87987700-1417357919_thumb.jpg

Different Idea for me but would combine some lovely passenger trains with some of my already growing fleet of 66's and 57's what do you think

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

With a lazy day today I started to think of my next project if I ever decided to try something new, maybe a small depot area with a small station combined

With that in mind I took some time to mess around on the anyrail software, didn't think I could do anything with the idea and I soon came up with this

attachicon.gifStation1 Idea.jpg

Different Idea for me but would combine some lovely passenger trains with some of my already growing fleet of 66's and 57's what do you think

Well looking at this idea a little further I been coming up with some ideas but I need some help in signalling

I know the stabling area will need signals but where to put them

do any or all the points need ground signals

the station was easy with a TPWS with a G/R signal

also If I needed a signal box would that be the correct place

Any ideas please would be helpful

layout hasn't come down off the wardrobe yet did clean the track though

post-23271-0-91121800-1419880372_thumb.jpg

Edited by shaunthesheep277

Happy new year everybody hope Santa brought what you wanted. Over the Christmas period the layout only came down from the wardrobe once to keep on top on cleaning the track

No running sessions yet because I still haven't got any of my rolling stock back from been weathered, with any luck my emails will get through

anyway...

The other layout I've been thinking long and hard about it and one thing I like to do (don't know if anybody else does this) is draw it out full scale 00 or 1:76

This for me gives me an idea of what it would look like fully and it's bigger than I thought (ha not every day you get to say that)

I've took some pictures and put them together to show you and me the general idea

post-23271-0-47972300-1420237532_thumb.png

And here is the plan

post-23271-0-63610200-1420237592_thumb.jpg

It's my way of doing a new layout when thinking about it might open a new post if it starts making progress

What do you think

• Like 1

Enough of the layout to be back to Entering the yard. My first ever exhibition is to be with Neil at Peterborough Saturday 6th June 2015 (looking forward to it now)

With this in mind all my stock and locos have come back and I must say Scott (The Weathering Works) has done a very good job I must say here's some pictures...

My class 33 before and after

post-23271-0-26945400-1420658786_thumb.jpg

post-23271-0-16371300-1420658814_thumb.jpg

My class 66. Now this was a challenge because it was bought 2nd hand and it was weathered badly, the final result couldn't be any different

post-23271-0-70808400-1420658960_thumb.jpg

The class 08 very dirty indeed

post-23271-0-51667700-1420659013_thumb.jpg

My two MEA wagons

post-23271-0-81894200-1420659056_thumb.jpg

All four of my SSA wagons

post-23271-0-75075800-1420659114_thumb.jpg

post-23271-0-91271500-1420659141_thumb.jpg

post-23271-0-30856900-1420659178_thumb.jpg

post-23271-0-11416500-1420659208_thumb.jpg

Now everything is back I have a full weekend planned. First, chipping and addressing. Second, layout comes down off the wardrobe and set up. Third, track cleaned and all power sources checked and finally I can have a full running session and I'll time myself, make some changes, relax and enjoy myself (might get some dinner in between all that)

Not long to the weekend now either yeah 

• Like 3

Did a running session today just to see the timing and coordination is ok and as predicted the timetable is wrong but with a simple retype on the laptop I'll try again tomorrow

Another note the class 33 sound needs toning down far too loud, oh no another to do list is forming

Up to now it's within one hour but a few bugs

One thing that I am regretting is adding three link couplings to all my stock.

A solution was found with a long small hand torch and one of them dentistry tools taped to the end and it works

post-23271-0-32034900-1421269647_thumb.jpg

Does mean I'll be sticking my hand in now and again though

• Like 1

Did a running session today just to see the timing and coordination is ok and as predicted the timetable is wrong but with a simple retype on the laptop I'll try again tomorrow

Another note the class 33 sound needs toning down far too loud, oh no another to do list is forming

Up to now it's within one hour but a few bugs

One thing that I am regretting is adding three link couplings to all my stock.

A solution was found with a long small hand torch and one of them dentistry tools taped to the end and it works

attachicon.gif20150114_210348.jpg

Does mean I'll be sticking my hand in now and again though

I have the same issue as well shaun so dont worry, its the price you pay for three links but i like your tool you have made and its given me ideas for mine too.

The problem i have is under the canopy of the loading bay on Eddington, i didnt think that one through hahaha

seeing them would help :blind:  I'm going to file the hooks out on some of my trains because they're just to small to hook were as the ones provided are a lot wider and easier to link together

The freightliner 08 is going to get a legomanbiffo decoder so that is to be installed (that would make 4 with DCC sound) Next weeks payday will be another decoder to replace the class 66 so that when happens they will be 5

Running session today still few bug few wheels cleaned reprint of my notes only one thing I've picked up on it my three way point when set to the middle line all my class 08's stop I have a multimeter so I'll try again tomorrow.

This the third three way point on the layout as the first one was used on a old layout and the second wasn't wired up correct and it had broken.

It doesn't help when the baseboard is 20mm thick that's what you get for making the layout out of an old testing shelf

I have also found out I have two class 57's with sound so I have four not three so I'll have five by end of next week

Edited by shaunthesheep277
  • Like 1

I need some help guys

On page 69/70 in the loksound V4 ESU Manual (available to download) adjusting the sound effects, now my brain when it comes to CV's... well simple things amuse simple minds but I'm getting there

The diesel sound table for my class 33 needs turning down, now reading this I think I need to turn down CV 259 sound slot 1, range 0-128 with a value of 99

Reading this I think the range is the volume, I'm I right?

HELP!!!